ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberh Gets First Commit

Meh. Really don't care. F Freddie & Nebbie.

Now if Fran does not get a player in this amazing transfer market, I will consider this a sever problem.

There are 700+ players available. That is frickin insane.... Get two. One for immediate help for next year on the wing, and another sit out transfer for the wing. OR two of either.

Now, that goes out the window if he gets commitments from some stellar HS recruits in the next month couple of months. But the fact we have 5 scholarships to give, and nothing whatsoever for a commit, we/he had better grab a transfer now....

Meh. Really don't care. F Freddie & Nebbie.

Now if Fran does not get a player in this amazing transfer market, I will consider this a sever problem.

There are 700+ players available. That is frickin insane.... Get two. One for immediate help for next year on the wing, and another sit out transfer for the wing. OR two of either.

Now, that goes out the window if he gets commitments from some stellar HS recruits in the next month couple of months. But the fact we have 5 scholarships to give, and nothing whatsoever for a commit, we/he had better grab a transfer now....

We have 11 players on scholarship already next year. Transfers are typically looking to start as well.

Who are you suggesting we get and who do we replace?

I guess I would suggest take the best players possible. And I am not suggesting we replace anyone. But if they get over-recruited, so be it. That's sports, there is always someone better. If Fran hurts somebody's feelings, hand them a tissue.

There are over 700 potential players, we have 4 scholarships we could give. Whether it is someone who can play next year, or someone that has to sit out, get a player.

We have 11 players on scholarship already next year. Transfers are typically looking to start as well.

Who are you suggesting we get and who do we replace?

I guess I would suggest take the best players possible. And I am not suggesting we replace anyone. But if they get over-recruited, so be it. That's sports, there is always someone better. If Fran hurts somebody's feelings, hand them a tissue.

There are over 700 potential players, we have 4 scholarships we could give. Whether it is someone who can play next year, or someone that has to sit out, get a player.

Our roster is pretty darn solid right now. It is going to take a really good grad transfer to make an immediate impact.

Reactions: owenhawk
Our roster is pretty darn solid right now. It is going to take a really good grad transfer to make an immediate impact.
I agree, but a guard or wing that has to sit out a year and then play one or 2 would be great for scholarship spacing. Moss, Bohannon, and Kriener use up eligibility. Pemsl will be a senior who probably will get another year for medical reasons. There are 2 in the next class (Garza and Pemsl) and 3 in the following.

I agree, but a guard or wing that has to sit out a year and then play one or 2 would be great for scholarship spacing. Moss, Bohannon, and Kriener use up eligibility. Pemsl will be a senior who probably will get another year for medical reasons. There are 2 in the next class (Garza and Pemsl) and 3 in the following.

are you suggesting that someone could sit out a year?

They'll be the worst team in the conference next year.

I dislike Nebraska as much as the next person on this board, but I can’t help but think your position is simply wishful thinking. Fred will get players into Lincoln quickly and I have a hard time believing they finish last, even in yr 1.

I dislike Nebraska as much as the next person on this board, but I can’t help but think your position is simply wishful thinking. Fred will get players into Lincoln quickly and I have a hard time believing they finish last, even in yr 1.

Maybe not last but likely the bottom 3-4.

They were bottom half this year and they had Watson, Roby and Palmer. Fred will need to load up on transfers to replace 6 of his top 7 scorers.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Maybe not last but likely the bottom 3-4.

They were bottom half this year and they had Watson, Roby and Palmer. Fred will need to load up on transfers to replace 6 of his top 7 scorers.

but you said last...now its bottom 3 or 4? Hoiberg is a better coach and recruiter than Tim Miles and it would be surprising to me to see them finish last, I think PSU and NW will have the inside track for that honor. As for transfers, Fred absolutely will load up on transfers...he is already doing it and its been his recipe for success at the college level.

....probably
Why did he de-commit from St. John's?

Never mind, found an article that lists the coach who was his recruiter at St. John's is now on Fred's staff, and Cam decided to stick with the coach versus the school.

He looks like a nice talent.

Last edited:
So far, in the Debbie-Fredism race, “Go Big Fred” is winning because of its simplicity. “Frebbie” is in 2nd place, partially because it is too obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: sltldowney
but you said last...now its bottom 3 or 4? Hoiberg is a better coach and recruiter than Tim Miles and it would be surprising to me to see them finish last, I think PSU and NW will have the inside track for that honor. As for transfers, Fred absolutely will load up on transfers...he is already doing it and its been his recipe for success at the college level.
Who gives a rat's azz...they'll never win the B1G outright...ever...

Maybe they might sneak in a BTT final once in a great while but that's it...

Reactions: sltldowney
Isnt this a Hoiberg thread? Who tf ya think I'm talkin bout?

Iowa has already won the B1G and the BTT...
lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

I knew exactly who you were talking about...what you wrote would apply to Iowa just as easily as it does Nebraska. Iowa won the B1G so long ago I bet close to 75% of the members frequenting this board weren't even born at the time it happened.

lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

I knew exactly who you were talking about...what you wrote would apply to Iowa just as easily as it does Nebraska. Iowa won the B1G so long ago I bet close to 75% of the members frequenting this board weren't even born at the time it happened.
Ok

Playing with semantics I see. Last or bottom 3-4. One is a bet, the other is a safer bet and quite frankly, there is typically little difference between the last and 11th or 12th place team.

This year the last place team, Northwestern, had one more total wins than 11th place Illinois.

The transfer game has changed since Fred was at ISU. It's far more competitive and no longer stigmatized as players with behavioral issues or bad grades.

Fred might eventually make a decent team but they'll be garbage this year. Even the bottom teams in the big ten return a fair amount of talent. Illinois has Ayo, Frazier and Giorgi. Rutgers brings back a lot. PSU may bring back Stevens, Dread, Watkins and Bolton.

Hoiberg better get a LOT of transfers to turn around that dumpster fire this year because those teams currently have a lot more returning talent than Nebraska and I don't see a lot of Roby, Copeland or Palmer type talent in the transfer market that he has a shot with.

Hoiberg better get a LOT of transfers to turn around that dumpster fire this year.

That dumpster fire beat Iowa late in the year....without Copeland. Then won a couple in the BTT with 7 players and then beat Butler in NIT. Not good but not a dumpster fire either.

But yeah, Freddie getting them transfer ballers.

FINAL FOUR GBF

Playing with semantics I see. Last or bottom 3-4. One is a bet, the other is a safer bet and quite frankly, there is typically little difference between the last and 11th or 12th place team.

This year the last place team, Northwestern, had one more total wins than 11th place Illinois.

The transfer game has changed since Fred was at ISU. It's far more competitive and no longer stigmatized as players with behavioral issues or bad grades.

Fred might eventually make a decent team but they'll be garbage this year. Even the bottom teams in the big ten return a fair amount of talent. Illinois has Ayo, Frazier and Giorgi. Rutgers brings back a lot. PSU may bring back Stevens, Dread, Watkins and Bolton.

Hoiberg better get a LOT of transfers to turn around that dumpster fire this year because those teams currently have a lot more returning talent than Nebraska and I don't see a lot of Roby, Copeland or Palmer type talent in the transfer market that he has a shot with.

haha...I'm not playing semantics, simply pointing out what you said and why I feel it won't play out that way, then you hedge and move the target of your position...excellent back pedal. I seriously doubt Nebraska will be garbage next year, but the B1G is incredibly competitive with good teams top to bottom so I guess its possible but I doubt it will play out that way. Make no mistake Hoiberg and his top assistant are going to have some good ballplayers on the floor next year and beyond and I would be very surprised if they finished last in the conference, which was your original claim/position. If any other coach had been hired by Nebraska I would probably agree they are well positioned for last place next year all things considered, but Hoiberg has proven to be quite successful at turning over a roster as quick as anyone and winning games. Its a program that is starving for relevance on the college basketball landscape, they made a great hire and I suspect the athletic department has assured Fred he can have whatever he wants or needs to get Nebraska that elusive first win ever in the big dance in program history. They are going all-in to make this work and achieve success, make no mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT