ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberh Gets First Commit

That dumpster fire beat Iowa late in the year....without Copeland. Then won a couple in the BTT with 7 players and then beat Butler in NIT. Not good but not a dumpster fire either.

But yeah, Freddie getting them transfer ballers.

FINAL FOUR GBF

I said you'll be a dumpster fire, hence you lost most of your team from last season.

You rubes like to point out you won a fluke game from a hot shooting comeback. Iowa beat Michigan last season but one game does not make a season.

Iowa also beat Nebraska with Copeland.

haha...I'm not playing semantics, simply pointing out what you said and why I feel it won't play out that way, then you hedge and move the target of your position...excellent back pedal. I seriously doubt Nebraska will be garbage next year, but the B1G is incredibly competitive with good teams top to bottom so I guess its possible but I doubt it will play out that way. Make no mistake Hoiberg and his top assistant are going to have some good ballplayers on the floor next year and beyond and I would be very surprised if they finished last in the conference, which was your original claim/position. If any other coach had been hired by Nebraska I would probably agree they are well positioned for last place next year all things considered, but Hoiberg has proven to be quite successful at turning over a roster as quick as anyone and winning games. Its a program that is starving for relevance on the college basketball landscape, they made a great hire and I suspect the athletic department has assured Fred he can have whatever he wants or needs to get Nebraska that elusive first win ever in the big dance in program history. They are going all-in to make this work and achieve success, make no mistake.

So go on record. Which Big 10 teams will they be more talented than next season?

Do you think he'll be better than Illinois with Ayo, Frazier, Giorgi and top recruit Cockburn?

Will they be better than PSU with Stevens, Bolton, Dread and Watkins?

Will they be better than Minnesota with Oturu, Kalscheur, Coffey and incoming transfer Carr?

How about Rutgers returning their entire top 7 scorers?

Maybe Northwestern is the exception.

It's easy to cast generalities about Fred but he's not putting on the uniform and shooting 3s for them. They are going to flounder next year.

So go on record. Which Big 10 teams will they be more talented than next season?

Do you think he'll be better than Illinois with Ayo, Frazier, Giorgi and top recruit Cockburn?

Will they be better than PSU with Stevens, Bolton, Dread and Watkins?

Will they be better than Minnesota with Oturu, Kalscheur, Coffey and incoming transfer Carr?

How about Rutgers returning their entire top 7 scorers?

Maybe Northwestern is the exception.

It's easy to cast generalities about Fred but he's not putting on the uniform and shooting 3s for them. They are going to flounder next year.

NW

Nebraska or Northwestern will be picked dead last next year by most pundits for good reason. Either might finish a spot or two higher.

This isn’t a sprint it’s a marathon.

I expect Hoiberg to have them competitive in very short order. That program has a lot going for it.

2-3 years from now I think the top of this league will look very different than it does now.

I’m long on Rutgers, Nebraska and unfortunately, Illinois (puke). Illinois looks like they’re starting to get some real players.

Last edited:
Got to hand it to Fred, Nebraska looked like it could be one of the worst teams of the power conference teams but now look like they could compete enough to be an NIT team next year. Dachon Burke is elgible next season (17.6ppg, 5.8 rpg at Robert Morris). Hanif Cheatham is a legit talent who could be a solid 2nd or 3rd scorer in the B1G. Jervay Green can score in bunches when he is on. Matej Kavas is one of the best 3pt shooters in the country but can he get his shot off in the B1G? Cam Mack is an attack the bucket PG. Amir Harris has a big upside. Fred is in on Utah transfer big man Jayce Johnson (7.1ppg, 7.7rpg) who is a good rim protector. A lot hinges on if Roby comes back. If he does there is some solid talent on this team. I thing the ceiling with Roby back and this current roster would be 7th -8th in the B1G. One thing is for sure 8th - 14th will have some serious teams that will be much better than other conferences 8th - 14th teams. Won't be a lot of easy games in the B1G next year. I think Iowa finishes a strong 6th.

Got to hand it to Fred, Nebraska looked like it could be one of the worst teams of the power conference teams but now look like they could compete enough to be an NIT team next year. Dachon Burke is elgible next season (17.6ppg, 5.8 rpg at Robert Morris). Hanif Cheatham is a legit talent who could be a solid 2nd or 3rd scorer in the B1G. Jervay Green can score in bunches when he is on. Matej Kavas is one of the best 3pt shooters in the country but can he get his shot off in the B1G? Cam Mack is an attack the bucket PG. Amir Harris has a big upside. Fred is in on Utah transfer big man Jayce Johnson (7.1ppg, 7.7rpg) who is a good rim protector. A lot hinges on if Roby comes back. If he does there is some solid talent on this team. I thing the ceiling with Roby back and this current roster would be 7th -8th in the B1G. One thing is for sure 8th - 14th will have some serious teams that will be much better than other conferences 8th - 14th teams. Won't be a lot of easy games in the B1G next year. I think Iowa finishes a strong 6th.
Meh. These are a bunch of smaller-school cast-offs, not like the bigger-names-but-troubled-kids he brought into Ames.

Hoiberg has gotten quite a revamp of the roster since being hired. Assuming Isaiah Roby stays, and that's certainly no guarantee, 11 of Nebraska's 13 scholarship players next year will not have played played a minute for the Huskers and seven are transfers from other schools

Hoiberg has gotten quite a revamp of the roster since being hired. Assuming Isaiah Roby stays, and that's certainly no guarantee, 11 of Nebraska's 13 scholarship players next year will not have played played a minute for the Huskers and seven are transfers from other schools

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT