ADVERTISEMENT

Home owners insurance $$

Of course it does. Coastal and wildfire are rampant and people bitching about a large increase. And it sucks. I get it. But it has been so back logged and life insurance has been helping as that is basically a spreadsheet knowing when you’re going to die. But losses have accelerated. Hell midwest wildfires are a real thing. Insurance is not an NPO and if you want to feel safe that there is money there in a large loss you’re going to have to pay. Reality and life sucks sometimes.

Alot of insurance companies are still posting billions of profits

Reactions: goldmom
Alot of insurance companies are still posting billions of profits
They aren’t NPOs. They also have to have reserves for cat losses. Also to obtain reinsurance treaties they must maintain certain ratings to help keep your costs down. This is layered clearly beyond what you understand. Which is fine.

Reactions: Hawkdiver
Just paid our homeowners recently,.. Iowa residence, Nationwide, annual premium went up roughly 20% over last year,.. I raised the deductible to recoup some of the increase...

Reactions: Moral
Update, I changed from American Family to State Fram. They saved me Big time! Same coverage for all $1700 Savings.

Just paid our homeowners recently,.. Iowa residence, Nationwide, annual premium went up roughly 20% over last year,.. I raised the deductible to recoup some of the increase...
That’s not as bad as some Nationwide are getting. Not that it makes it any easier.

Switched this week from American Family Inurance to Auto owners insurance. For same deductible and exact same coverage home owners went from $2800 to $1600 and automobiles from $1700 to $900

Switched this week from American Family Inurance to Auto owners insurance. For same deductible and exact same coverage home owners went from $2800 to $1600 and automobiles from $1700 to $900
Crazy isn’t it.American Family does not want our business.

Anyone have Allstate and opinions on them? Finally our turn to look around I guess, our AmFam policy went up 25% and I have a quote from Allstate that's $1k under that. But can't remember if they were one of the ones that were a pain to deal with for claims after the derecho.

I was looking for this thread. I just got my USAA Homeowners Bill. It went up $865 per year and I've filed one claim in my entire life; most recently 3 years ago.

I was looking for this thread. I just got my USAA Homeowners Bill. It went up $865 per year and I've filed one claim in my entire life; most recently 3 years ago.
they are headquartered right down the road from me in TX. san antonio.

I dunno about alaska : but in TX , a lot of companies are talking about not writing homeowners period, pulling out of texas. too many fires and hurricanes and floods and so on.

they are headquartered right down the road from me in TX. san antonio.

I dunno about alaska : but in TX , a lot of companies are talking about not writing homeowners period, pulling out of texas. too many fires and hurricanes and floods and so on.
I never owned a home in Alaska, but where I live in San Antonio, it's getting ridiculous.

So you live off Fredericksburg RD in/near the Medical Center? :cool:

Anyone have Allstate and opinions on them? Finally our turn to look around I guess, our AmFam policy went up 25% and I have a quote from Allstate that's $1k under that. But can't remember if they were one of the ones that were a pain to deal with for claims after the derecho.
I had Allstate for 15 years for both home and auto and during that period never had an auto claim but due to mother nature I had 2 hail claims within a year. They cancelled me when it came time to renew. I called my agent and he stated he was told to cancel dozens of clients because of the hail claims.

I had Allstate for 15 years for both home and auto and during that period never had an auto claim but due to mother nature I had 2 hail claims within a year. They cancelled me when it came time to renew. I called my agent and he stated he was told to cancel dozens of clients because of the hail claims.
Thanks. I've heard from two other friends now that they are indeed a pain in the a$$ to deal with and one said the same thing, got dropped after a hail claim.

It's all Gronk's fault. Those shitty ass commercials don't pay for themselves.
Rob Gronkowski Yes GIF by NASCAR

Reactions: alaskanseminole
I never owned a home in Alaska, but where I live in San Antonio, it's getting ridiculous.

So you live off Fredericksburg RD in/near the Medical Center? :cool:
no I actually live near austin but I have had as business for 22 years and I used to deliver in san antonio all the time. utsa is over there as well and cambridge auto. I took san antonio out of the equation with my business a few yrs ago but really do miss it a lot

Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT