ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel shower heads

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
Is there a group of pygmies that travel the country installing these? At 5' 10" I'm not a tall guy, but whenever I shower at a hotel the head is about nose high and I have to squat to wash my hair. Can't imagine what it's like if you're over 6'.

Is there a group of pygmies that travel the country installing these? At 5' 10" I'm not a tall guy, but whenever I shower at a hotel the head is about nose high and I have to squat to wash my hair. Can't imagine what it's like if you're over 6'.

64426727-300x209.jpg

Have you been in a cruise ship shower?

Reactions: jimmy310

I’m 6’6” so you can imagine my experiences in various hotel/motel showers. We renovated two of our bathrooms a few years ago and I had the shower heads raised about 8 inches. Being tall is a disability sometimes.

I'm 5'11 and have never experienced this. Not at a Motel 6 or not at a fancy hotel in Madrid, Spain.

Reactions: jimmy310

At 6'5" there have been time I've had to kneel in the tub...

Speaking of, why even have tubs in hotels? Unless it's separate from the shower...

I've never noticed it. Of course, I'm 5-9, so I don't have to duck when I go through doorways, either.

At 6' even, I haven't notice this problem, but for most non important things in life I'll easily adapt rather than getting all upset by trivial items.

Reactions: Herkmeister
If I remember right the code calls for the rough in to be 6' 6" from the bottom of the tub/shower floor. Anything lower should have never passed inspection.

More of a problem for me is the temperature of the water in the toilet bowl, at home I have had heaters installed, but on the road, it is a problem.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
If I remember right the code calls for the rough in to be 6' 6" from the bottom of the tub/shower floor. Anything lower should have never passed inspection.

Okay, I'm at a Doubletree right now.

The rough in might be 6' 6" from the floor, but the tub level is higher than the floor, and there's a big shower massage head that's drooping down from the "rough in" spot, so the spout of the shower head is only about 5 and 1/2 feet from the floor of the tub you're standing in while taking a shower.

My wife (no pics) could stand under it without stooping.

I cannot.

Reactions: artradley
Okay, I'm at a Doubletree right now.

The rough in might be 6' 6" from the floor, but the tub level is higher than the floor, and there's a big shower massage head that's drooping down from the "rough in" spot, so the spout of the shower head is only about 5 and 1/2 feet from the floor of the tub you're standing in while taking a shower.

My wife (no pics) could stand under it without stooping.

I cannot.
Get a discount or burn that bitch down,

Really, it's like they don't understand that gravity will get it to the tub, raise it.

More of a problem for me is the temperature of the water in the toilet bowl, at home I have had heaters installed, but on the road, it is a problem.

Squatty potty isn't just for dropping deuces. This helps me with not just the temperature of the water but also with the depth. And they are portable!
squatty-potty-ecco-toilet-stool-9inch-ideal-for-children-by-squatty-potty-5b8.jpg

Squatty potty isn't just for dropping deuces. This helps me with not just the temperature of the water but also with the depth. And they are portable!
squatty-potty-ecco-toilet-stool-9inch-ideal-for-children-by-squatty-potty-5b8.jpg

To be honest, the extra 7" would probable be enough, except for the splash effect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT