ADVERTISEMENT

How do you parlay an 8-seed invite & first round loss to N'western? By taking the Michigan job.

Meh….it doesn’t matter. It will only be a matter of time before their bitching about him…

It’s what fans do….while their half-assing their own jobs 😳

I fully support your right to post supporting coaches as a career.

The Woodson hire seems like it was a bad move by Indiana. Needed someone younger/more charismatic/better understanding of current college game landscape.

he has coached more than that one game.
Really?! I was totally and completely unaware of that. :rolleyes:

Just a thread-starting title that happened to reference his most recent event everyone knew about, man. Nothing more, nothing less.

It goes back to what I’ve been saying but nobody will listen. 98% of major jobs are filled by a mid major coach or an assistant that the kids like, which in most of those cases doesn’t work. That’s why some of you are crazy to think another high major coach, who’s probably making more money at his school would leave to come to Iowa. And that’s not a knock on Iowa. OSU hires an assistant and Michigan hires a mid major. Two premier jobs.

It goes back to what I’ve been saying but nobody will listen. 98% of major jobs are filled by a mid major coach or an assistant that the kids like, which in most of those cases doesn’t work. That’s why some of you are crazy to think another high major coach, who’s probably making more money at his school would leave to come to Iowa. And that’s not a knock on Iowa. OSU hires an assistant and Michigan hires a mid major. Two premier jobs.
Even if iowa offers more money it's not a significant enough difference for a successful guy at a similar place to make a lateral move to a new place that's likely less advantageous overall.

The guys that think Iowa can get a successful high major coach from another school don't realize the landscape has shifted significantly since the 80s.

Back then going from 50k to 80k meant something, now everyone is getting paid in the millions because of TV money.

Ain't that something. While our coach sits on his thumbs that are up his ass.
LOL...I wonder how Iowa's NIL funds compare to Michigan's?

Somebody look that up.

Meanwhile, the rest of you uncapped NIL-lovers get to donating, and double up on it for me...cuz I'm not paying squat for some kid to become a millionaire before they leave college. Not too mention with the ability to enjoy completely unfettered "free agency" and transferring without any restrictions. 😠

Reactions: Bishop-71
LOL...I wonder how Iowa's NIL funds compare to Michigan's?

Somebody look that up.

Meanwhile, the rest of you uncapped NIL-lovers get to donating, and double up on it for me...cuz I'm not paying squat for some kid to become a millionaire before they leave college. Not too mention with the ability to enjoy completely unfettered "free agency" and transferring without any restrictions. 😠
You don't have to donate squat but don't bitch when the Hawks lose because of less talent than the team they're playing.

Reactions: Bishop-71
You don't have to donate squat but don't bitch when the Hawks lose because of less talent than the team they're playing.
LOL, my $200 donation per year wouldn't make a dent vs the $20K per year that the uber fans will donate at other schools. WAKE UP!

Iowa and our fans are not in the same ballpark as the Kentucky and Kentucky fans.

Never have been.

Now with NIL, you will have schools that we normally could compete with kicking our ass on a regular basis because they have wealthier alumni who will donate excessive amounts to their NIL foundations.

Not my problem...I don't own the team and I don't make any $$ off of them.

I'm just a fan, and I'll bitch all I want to...as is the right of EVERY FAN.

Because fans shouldn't have to donate ridiculous amounts in order to keep the program just at the second tier level, let alone dream of becoming a tier 1 program.

It's a ridiculous concept.

Meanwhile, school's are gouging students for tuition while making billions off sports media deals.

You can defend players making 100,000s every year all you like, but that is NOT WHAT AMATEUR ATHLETICS is suppose to represent.

Now that they've opened pandora's box, you and all the other pro-NIL'rs out there can fund my entertainment...............or sit back and enjoy watching Iowa become a whipping boy. That's your choice.

I'll still bitch regardless ...while not donating.

LOL, my $200 donation per year wouldn't make a dent vs the $20K per year that the uber fans will donate at other schools. WAKE UP!

Iowa and our fans are not in the same ballpark as the Kentucky and Kentucky fans.

Never have been.

Now with NIL, you will have schools that we normally could compete with kicking our ass on a regular basis because they have wealthier alumni who will donate excessive amounts to their NIL foundations.

Not my problem...I don't own the team and I don't make any $$ off of them.

I'm just a fan, and I'll bitch all I want to...as is the right of EVERY FAN.

Because fans shouldn't have to donate ridiculous amounts in order to keep the program just at the second tier level, let alone dream of becoming a tier 1 program.

It's a ridiculous concept.

Meanwhile, school's are gouging students for tuition while making billions off sports media deals.

You can defend players making 100,000s every year all you like, but that is NOT WHAT AMATEUR ATHLETICS is suppose to represent.

Now that they've opened pandora's box, you and all the other pro-NIL'rs out there can fund my entertainment...............or sit back and enjoy watching Iowa become a whipping boy. That's your choice.

I'll still bitch regardless ...while not donating.
I'm not a NIL'r I wish it would go back to where it used to be. But it is what it is for now. I'm just hoping NCAA gets their head out of their ass and gets control of this pay for play crap that's gotten totally out of control.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I'm not a NIL'r I wish it would go back to where it used to be. But it is what it is for now. I'm just hoping NCAA gets their head out of their ass and gets control of this pay for play crap that's gotten totally out of control.
Fair...and agree.

JjWhCX.gif

I don't think there's anything the ncaa can do at this point the players went above their heads.

College sports will eventually die because of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT