ADVERTISEMENT

How far we have fallen

pondscum

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2011
I moved off the pond to a Phoenix burb. I wear a lot of Iowa stuff usually a cap or visor. So many people are from the Midwest or Big Ten country, they really recognize the logo (thanks Hayden) and want to talk. Before the season it was like you guys going to win the west, how good will you be, etc. Now they stop me to tease me, what's wrong with Iowa, can they fix it. Of course, the surrounding states are the worst I'm getting a sorts of trash talk from Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. I guess we (I) deserve it. I wish it would end but I'm not seeing much light at the end of the tunnel, I don't care what happens today I don't expect it to stop

I moved off the pond to a Phoenix burb. I wear a lot of Iowa stuff usually a cap or visor. So many people are from the Midwest or Big Ten country, they really recognize the logo (thanks Hayden) and want to talk. Before the season it was like you guys going to win the west, how good will you be, etc. Now they stop me to tease me, what's wrong with Iowa, can they fix it. Of course, the surrounding states are the worst I'm getting a sorts of trash talk from Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. I guess we (I) deserve it. I wish it would end but I'm not seeing much light at the end of the tunnel, I don't care what happens today I don't expect it to stop
That's what you get for moving. Stay in Iowa and nobody makes fun of you outside of Ames.

I have been as critical of how the coaches have let the offense turn into cat vomit as anyone, but the reality is the want to keep games close. Even if the opponent is one we can roll up points on, they want to keep it close.
We’re going to need a whole lot more from this offense if we’re going to keep it close against a few of the teams on the schedule.

th

I say grow a few of these and let them talk shit to you then bitchslap them - (jk)

I have been as critical of how the coaches have let the offense turn into cat vomit as anyone, but the reality is the want to keep games close. Even if the opponent is one we can roll up points on, they want to keep it close.
We’re going to need a whole lot more from this offense if we’re going to keep it close against a few of the teams on the schedule.
No they don’t…. You’re telling me they want close games with shit teams…. Yeah, they wanted that in 2002 obviously

Lmao, 2 of the teams you mentioned are total train wrecks and one is mediocre so they might want to stop throwing stones in that glass hut. This should have been your reply.

I do give some good-natured stuff back easy with Nebby and Illinois not so east with Wisconsin and Minnesota

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT