ADVERTISEMENT

How many times have you been banned and for what?

The other thread just had me curious.

Probably close to 15 years ago I had about a week timeout for mentioning how soft the media is in asking Kirk Ferentz questions. The old owner of this place did not like that kind of criticism.
I know I got put in timeout for using OiT’s real name when he was on one of his loon tin foil rants. I apologized to him…it was childish of me.

Years and years ago, and I can’t remember if I got put in timeout or what, but I got into it with Tim Kracker about his white knighting of Todd Lickliter. Tim didn’t like that and he scolded me. It was sweet because I was right.

Once, but the manager at Publix didn't believe me when I told him I cleaned the banana off before putting it back, so not sure it counts.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkbirch
Got banned from DemocraticUnderground.com.

I posted a link to the Social Security Trustees report in a thread about Social Security.

That hivemind runs a tight ship.

Reactions: Sharky1203
2 times and the first time I was being an ass but the second time I really don’t know.

I've only been banned from RussianMachineNeverBreaks.com, but mostly because the site owners are just thin-skinned pussies who have no business running a hockey fan site.

I almost got it once in federalbaseball (which did not like profanity), but they let me go as I apologized that i was making the jump from japersrink (where encouraged it) after the caps had just been eliminated from the cup playoffs and i was transitioning to the more genteel baseball season.

Last edited:
I got banned one time for asking what the response would be if Spencer Lee got covid before ncaas and wasn't eligible to compete.

• Wow
Reactions: Sharky1203
A couple of times when Kakert ran it. I always emailed him and he lifted it shortly after. I think it was Brommelkamp that did it initially but it never lasted long. Now since I'm a paying client, they can't ban me ;)

Not sure how long you have been around here but TK has the thinnest of skin.
Since 03, mostly as a lurker. Didn’t really start posting much until the lockdown. Never interacted with TK, but when they switched sites I thought it would be fun to call him out on his bad journalism skills. He didn’t like it and I was quickly banned. ☹️
I don’t think I’m missing much on TOS.

The other thread just had me curious.

Probably close to 15 years ago I had about a week timeout for mentioning how soft the media is in asking Kirk Ferentz questions. The old owner of this place did not like that kind of criticism.
2009 during the Iowa State game.

I made a comment in the game thread about how trash mediacom's reception was at the time, as many people were experiencing issues at the start of the game.

Apparently that earned me a week long suspension......... 🫠

When I asked one of the mods (either Brommelkamp or Kakert at that time, might've been one other), they told me they (whoever it was) had no idea what I was talking about. That was only 2 days after my week long ban.............

Fortunately such mistakes were never made again. ;)

Reactions: ItsinourDNA
Since 03, mostly as a lurker. Didn’t really start posting much until the lockdown. Never interacted with TK, but when they switched sites I thought it would be fun to call him out on his bad journalism skills. He didn’t like it and I was quickly banned. ☹️
I don’t think I’m missing much on TOS.
I met him a couple of times. Seemed like a nice enough guy but man he was a gigantic doosh when he was wrong or if your opinion didn’t align with his. Never been to TOS. This place sucks shit bad enough I see no reason to double the dumbassery.

Got the Rivals permaban for posting stuff on HROT road trips. Then I logged in randomly like 4-5 years later and was able to post again. It was glorious. I felt like this
shawshank-1080x675.jpg

I met him a couple of times. Seemed like a nice enough guy but man he was a gigantic doosh when he was wrong or if your opinion didn’t align with his. Never been to TOS. This place sucks shit bad enough I see no reason to double the dumbassery.
Yeah, this place is definitely a cesspool, but it’s our cesspool. I only ventured over there when they were offering $1 memberships just to check it out. It wasn’t very active back then, not sure if it’s gotten any better.

Reactions: McLovin32
Twice. ( and a half)

"Hawk-in-402"
I got shit hammered while in college/grad school the day we lost to directional Michigan and lost my shit on kilroy.

Came back as "don't drink and post" ( or something similar only had it foe a few days)

Was posting on prem board, a notorious Homer page, and got under kakerts skin so I started adding the tag line "this is the opinion of don't drink and post"

Caught a ban for "trolling" Tom.

Posted under "wasnt-drunk-didnt-troll" for a long time but got into an argument with a nebraska fan on the main board so had to create WDDT so I could post one everything.

Thank you foe joining my Ted talk.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Me also.
Nothing here to get that worked up about.
the second line reminds me of when a colleague had just come out of the DC us attorney's office where he had been prosecuting true bad guys for a decade or two. in that line of work, there's a lot of passion. So he comes into the firm, and we have him on board as counsel for this civil matter. he comes out with all guns blazing at the first status conference with the judge, and the judge says, "MR x, calm down, it's just a civil matter. it's only money."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT