ADVERTISEMENT

How many calories do you burn during working out?

BrunoMars420

HB Legend
Feb 14, 2016
How many calories do you burn on avg or try to burn when working out?

I am around 600ish per workout 😤😤 I do some power walking uphill on the treadmill and pump iron. Takes about an hour to finish

How many calories do you burn on avg or try to burn when working out?

I am around 600ish per workout 😤😤 I do some power walking uphill on the treadmill and pump iron. Takes about an hour to finish
Where are you getting that number from? 20 minutes on the treadmill and 45 lifting weights gets you about 200 cal

Reactions: Fan In Black
Where are you getting that number from? 20 minutes on the treadmill and 45 lifting weights gets you about 200 cal
My Apple Watch bruh. And 20 mins on the treadmill is very vague. If you are only burning 200 calories then you must be walking at a snails pace and not lifting hard enough

My Apple Watch bruh. And 20 mins on the treadmill is very vague. If you are only burning 200 calories then you must be walking at a snails pace and not lifting hard enough
The average 200 lb male running a 10 minute mile burns 150 cal in 30 min, broseph

Depends what I'm doing. I don't have any sort of device to measure calories burned while I'm lifting, and I'm really not too concerned about that part. It's not difficult to tell when you've had a successful lift. I don't do that part to burn calories and I'm not one of the folks that count calories. I mostly just count grams of protein. When I walk on the trail though, I generally burn 800-1000 calories per walk.

I usually assume about 100 calories per mile run or per three miles biked. About 300 calories for a 20-30 minute cardio session. I usually assume the calorie burn from lifting weights is negligible.

workout-beer.gif

Reactions: McLovin32
I've jogged 4 miles 5 times this month, and my app says around 550 calories each time.
I've biked 6 times, between 11 and 15 miles each time, burning between 500 and 730 calories.
Haven't exercised for 5 days since catching a cold. Covid test was negative.

700-800ish. Aim for 100 mins of exercise and 10k steps per day. Workout is usually 6 days a week- 1 hour walk and 40 min yoga, with a couple 1 mile swims thrown in.

Today is 9k steps and 126 mins of activity. 815 cals burned so far.

My watch says anywhere between 37-55 calories per mile when I bike depending on my effort.

For cycling the only way to really know is by installing a power meter. Which I likely will get before next summer. I enjoy the numbers of cycling and you really need a power meter for any type of comparative analysis.

I don't have anything fancy like an apple watch, but my strava estimate on my "standard" (i.e., shorter) weekday rides is about 700, and on my weekend (i.e., longer) rides, between 1500--2000.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Garmin watch tracks all this.

Last night, 30 min elliptical = 328 cal, 60 min weights, 30 sets = 263 calories. So almost 600 cals burned.

The big benefit of weight training is your body will continue to burn calories for days while repairing your muscles. Cardio workouts don't do that.

Also, walking 9 holes of golf, approx 3.7 miles, burns almost 800 cals on average. 18 holes is a little over 7 miles and will burn almost 1600 calories.

My watch says anywhere between 37-55 calories per mile when I bike depending on my effort.

For cycling the only way to really know is by installing a power meter. Which I likely will get before next summer. I enjoy the numbers of cycling and you really need a power meter for any type of comparative analysis.
...and, the ability to train off power opens up incredible pathways to efficiency.

Garmin watch tracks all this.

Last night, 30 min elliptical = 328 cal, 60 min weights, 30 sets = 263 calories. So almost 600 cals burned.

The big benefit of weight training is your body will continue to burn calories for days while repairing your muscles. Cardio workouts don't do that.

Also, walking 9 holes of golf, approx 3.7 miles, burns almost 800 cals on average. 18 holes is a little over 7 miles and will burn almost 1600 calories.
Yup that is why I finish with lifting weight for 30 mins. I do 1 min rests and if you lift hard enough you can burn a lot of calories.

Also when I walk the course I get that as well. My favorite form of burning calories!

Another FYI, I burned 800 calories playing a hour and a half of pickleball last night.

I am not sure how accurate Map my Ride is, but its generally 900 to 1700 calories per ride. I get over 2,000 on some of the longer weekend ones.

I play tennis and a little pickleball. Usually, I’ll burn about 1,300 to 1,500 calories over a 2-hour time frame. I use a treadmill, as well. I walk at 3.2mph for an hour at an incline of 13.5. Burns about 800 calories.

Burning around 600 calories in a workout is impressive! I usually aim for a similar range, depending on what I’m doing. Power walking uphill on the treadmill is a fantastic way to get that heart rate up, and I love mixing in strength training too.

My suspicion is most of these numbers are inaccurate. Their primary utility would be comparing workouts to one another for the same individual but they wouldn't be that accurate in estimating actual calories burned or comparing between different individuals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT