ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you actually knew what misogynistic and xenophobia

Xenophobia was dictionary.com's word of the year for 2016? Why? Because most people didn't know what it meant, it was the Democrats what to strike fear.....

and they lost

I like this theory of the case. Ds lost because we used big words. Don't worry, George Clooney will dumb it down for you and give you hugs. Nothing Trump can do to counter a Clooney hug.

George-Clooney-For-President.jpg

How could anyone be a fully developed adult in this country and not know what those words mean?

I can't tell you exactly when I learned what those words ment but I'm guessing it was probably when I was like age 12. Maybe younger. I certainly knew what they ment by the time I was in high school. (I started high school in 1996) So at the very least I've understood those words for the last 20 years.

Reactions: cigaretteman
This is silly. Everybody knew what "xenophobia" was, just like they knew what "Coulrophobia" was.

Now, they might not have known the term for what they knew, but they knew what it was.

They knew that some people are afraid of clowns, they probably called it "fear of clowns."

They also knew that some people are assholes who hate foreigners, and they called them "assholes who hate foreigners" or "bigots" or "racists" or something of that ilk.

To pretend that not knowing a technical term means it wasn't a thing before this year is purposefully obtuse.

Me.

Sounds like the OP doesn't have a very impressive lexicon.

Probably doesn't even know the definition of demagogue.
Don't know the definition for sure, but in usage anyone who fears a demagogue is automatically labeled a snowflake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT