ADVERTISEMENT

How much money do you put into a used vehicle before calling it?

bite the bullet & buy a Toyota I've had 2 one the 1st one I drove for 280,000 miles & only had to replace 1 battery & a couple of sets of tires, the 2nd one got 300,000+ out of it & then traded it in other than the standard maintenance no problems with over half a million miles.

I recently had to replace the rear end in my FJ Cruiser, but that no doubt had to do with the amount of towing I do. Also, struts, shocks. It was worth investing the money as the vehicle is approaching 200,000 miles and it is a work as well personal vehicle.

Other than that standard maintenance; brakes, tires, oil changes.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
bite the bullet & buy a Toyota I've had 2 one the 1st one I drove for 280,000 miles & only had to replace 1 battery & a couple of sets of tires, the 2nd one got 300,000+ out of it & then traded it in other than the standard maintenance no problems with over half a million miles.
Would you consider Lexus just a high-end Toyota?

We're going to drive the Jeep another few years since we just paid to have it repaired, but another car is inevitable at some point.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
I had a mowing business and over my lifetime drove many Fords and never experienced (or remember) rust issues in either cars or pickups. Maybe I was lucky or discerning.
I think it's become a relatively recent issue, the salt brine/mix used in the last 10-15 years for winter weather is wreaking havoc with the rust prevention measures vehicle manufacturers are using. Ford seems more vulnerable than the others, with vehicles rusting really fast. The new Maverick for instance is already having major rust issues after only a year or two on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT