ADVERTISEMENT

How will Haley "Restore" the Economy?

I’d be curious how much some of the people that make the “be better with money” comment make and also would love to see them live on the limited income of the people they make fun of.

Been there chief.....I went through a divorce and lived in some holes. Climbed back out.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Not sure Haley has presented any solid plans.

Most of her campaigning is just the "red meat" stuff that you hear every election cycle.
With her, tho, it seems the DeSantis ads attacking her for flip flopping on China has forced her to try and portray herself as being tough vs Xi...and that would certainly drive the economy down as it would hurt trade and force costs of goods higher.
So, I'd say she's very weak on economic issues.

Generally being a Republican is enough to make people feel a little better about the economy, particularly when it comes to consumer confidence. Maybe she's banking on that...

Reactions: hawkland14
Not sure Haley has presented any solid plans.

Most of her campaigning is just the "red meat" stuff that you hear every election cycle.
With her, tho, it seems the DeSantis ads attacking her for flip flopping on China has forced her to try and portray herself as being tough vs Xi...and that would certainly drive the economy down as it would hurt trade and force costs of goods higher.
So, I'd say she's very weak on economic issues.
She's very weak across the board right now. That happens when one bends the knee to and clearly fears a conman and his cult base.

Reactions: nelly02 and MitchLL
Been there chief.....I went through a divorce and lived in some holes. Climbed back out.

So just because you went through a divorce you can say you’ve lived with little income?

I guess we should be giving you some info on how to stay married because you can’t manage that very well.

She's so wishy washy. Whatever crowd she is in front of, she will change what she favors. It's like the slavery debacle all over again. It makes me seriously think that she would give China the store just as soon as she had the audience.

My preferred candidate for the moment is Nikki Haley based on her foreign policy statements alone. She alone among the Republican field seems to understand the stakes in the Russia/Ukraine conflict and the ramifications of the vicious Hamas attack on Israel.

Economic policy should be fairly straight forward since we already know from the Trump presidency what works.

With a Republican Senate and Congress, it should be a simple matter of restoring the Trump tax rates. Since most of the damage to energy production under this president has been through edict, a President Haley should be able to revoke those targeting oil and gas production fairly quickly.

Our new President should support a restoration of the Trump economic policy and of the Trump energy policy.

So there it is:

1.) Haley Foreign Policy
2.) Trump Economic Policy
3.) Trump Energy Policy

All administered by a President Haley

Knowing that Haley is solid on foreign policy, I am waiting to hear her economic proposals, but since she seems to understand the inflation issue, I am optimistic that she understands that sending dollars overseas to buy crude oil is the dumbest thing we can do as a nation. Reversing the flow of dollars-for-crude-oil will almost instantly impact the rate of price inflation.

Additionally, there is a lot of economic hubris surrounding our rush to solve the chimeric issue of Climate Change, but she seems brighter than the other candidates, so I suspect she understands what needs to be done. Eliminating all or most of the various climate regulations (CAFE Standards for example) will go a long way.

Taking all of this together, we have a package for reversing the decline of Western Civilization. Nikki Haley may be the only candidate in either party capable of pulling this off.

Last edited:
My preferred candidate for the moment is Nikki Haley based on her foreign policy statements alone. She alone among the Republican field seems to understand the stakes in the Russia/Ukraine conflict and the ramifications of the vicious Hamas attack on Israel.

Economic policy should be fairly straight forward since we already know from the Trump presidency what works.

With a Republican Senate and Congress, it should be a simple matter of restoring the Trump tax rates. Since most of the damage to energy production under this president has been through edict, a President Haley should be able to revoke those targeting oil and gas production fairly quickly.

Our new President should support a restoration of the Trump economic policy and of the Trump energy policy.

So there it is:

1.) Haley Foreign Policy
3.) Trump Energy Policy

Knowing that Haley is solid on foreign policy, I am waiting to hear her economic proposals, but since she seems to understand the inflation issue, I am optimistic that she understands that sending dollars overseas to buy crude oil is the dumbest thing we can do as a nation. Reversing the flow of dollars-for-crude-oil will almost instantly impact the rate of price inflation.

Additionally, there is a lot of economic hubris surrounding our rush to solve the chimeric issue of Climate Change, but she seems brighter than the other candidates, so I suspect she understands what needs to be done. Eliminating all or most of the various climate regulations (CAFE Standards for example) will go a long way.

Taking all of this together, we have a package for reversing the decline of Western Civilization. Nikki Haley may be the only candidate in either party capable of pulling this off.
This is just stupid

So there it is:

1.) Haley Foreign Policy
3.) Trump Energy Policy

For context, this guy thinks the Epoch Times is a legitimate "open-minded" news source.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris

So there it is:

1.) Haley Foreign Policy
3.) Trump Energy Policy

Jesus, you are dumb.

So there it is:

1.) Haley Foreign Policy
3.) Trump Energy Policy

Excellent parody

Reactions: Ree4

The reason the Trump tax cuts were so successful was because they were tax cuts for EVERYBODY. People keep attempting to twist this reality into being something it was not.

An across-the-board tax cut for everyone impacts those at the bottom to a greater degree than it does the wealthy. The level of satisfaction is greater.

Here is a brush-up on Utility Theory. I trust that most here will accept the Kahn Academy as a legitimate source, although the theory itself has been out there forever and should be a part of any legitimate course in introductory economics.

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...B8284310CBF8065ED5E7B8284310CBF8065&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:
  • Wow
The reason the Trump tax cuts were so successful was because they were tax cuts for EVERYBODY. People keep attempting to twist this reality into being something it was not.

An across-the-board tax cut for everyone impacts those at the bottom to a greater degree than it does the wealthy.

Here is a brush-up on Utility Theory. I trust that most here will accept Kahn Academy as a legitimate source, although the theory itself has been out there forever and should be a part of any legitimate course in introductory economic.

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...B8284310CBF8065ED5E7B8284310CBF8065&FORM=VIRE

I will say, you do good keeping up the facade.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

An across-the-board tax cut for everyone impacts those at the bottom to a greater degree than it does the wealthy.

Here is a brush-up on Utility Theory. I trust that most here will accept Kahn Academy as a legitimate source, although the theory itself has been out there forever and should be a part of any legitimate course in introductory economic.

They weren't, but even hypothesizing that they do benefit everyone, your solution to the current economy is more government stimulus? That's just stupid.

The amounts of money gained from tax cuts is far greater for those paying more taxes than for those who pay little or no taxes. That concept should be easy enough for even you to understand.
Utility Theory is a very simpleminded approach to explain consumer behavior that has been shown to be woefully inadequate.

Reactions: Ree4

An across-the-board tax cut for everyone impacts those at the bottom to a greater degree than it does the wealthy. The level of satisfaction greater.

Here is a brush-up on Utility Theory. I trust that most here will accept the Kahn Academy as a legitimate source, although the theory itself has been out there forever and should be a part of any legitimate course in introductory economic.

Uh, most people lose their tax cuts in a couple years

An across-the-board tax cut for everyone impacts those at the bottom to a greater degree than it does the wealthy. The level of satisfaction is greater.

Here is a brush-up on Utility Theory. I trust that most here will accept the Kahn Academy as a legitimate source, although the theory itself has been out there forever and should be a part of any legitimate course in introductory economic.

Bullcrap. The wealthy got millions. Most of us got bread crumbs. His tax cuts once again benefited the top 1% over the rest of us.

Reactions: Bearhawk0505
Forget the economy...I can't wait to see how she thinks she can send Special Forces into Mexico to eliminate the Cartels?

Serious question...Is anyone stupid enough to believe that?
I read it in a book by Tom Clancy. It was pretty popular. Republicans fap to his books.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT