ADVERTISEMENT

How's Keegan Doing?

I honestly think Monk (Kentucky ego) has issues with Keegan (from little ol' Iowa).

Remember that time when Keegan had a spectacular dunk and Monk was asked about it? He gave it a 3 out of 10.

A few games later, Monk had an incredible dunk and postgame the media asked Keegan to rate it. Keegan laughed and gave it a 3. Keegan was joking, of course. Monk? Not so sure.
These are professionals. Not the real housewives that you so desperately want it to be.

These are professionals. Not the real housewives that you so desperately want it to be.
Lol. Go away tough guy. Monks a sensitive bitch. And a professional. Try dialects sometime. You know, like both things can be true and there's a gray area where both can exist. Your argument is silly, and frankly, quite stupid. Black and white. All or nothing with no room for nuance. Some of these NBA guys are the most sensitive diva's a person could imagine. And all are professionals. Nice contribution though...

Reactions: Franisdaman
Lol. Go away tough guy. Monks a sensitive bitch. And a professional. Try dialects sometime. You know, like both things can be true and there's a gray area where both can exist. Your argument is silly, and frankly, quite stupid. Black and white. All or nothing with no room for nuance. Some of these NBA guys are the most sensitive diva's a person could imagine. And all are professionals. Nice contribution though...
Blow me. I've watched 95% of Kings games since Murray has been drafted. "Monk has ego issues with Keegan" is such a typical Iowa thing to say. Monk is a ball hog, yes we know this. Monk needs to pass more, yes we know this. Stop whining and moaning and sounding like Clone fans, it's pathetic.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Blow me. I've watched 95% of Kings games since Murray has been drafted. "Monk has ego issues with Keegan" is such a typical Iowa thing to say. Monk is a ball hog, yes we know this. Monk needs to pass more, yes we know this. Stop whining and moaning and sounding like Clone fans, it's pathetic.
I quit reading after "blow me". Nice comeback lol

Edit: ok I read the rest now. You come on a public message board and basically tell me what I should think or feel. You are an "authority" in your mind because you watch 95% of Kings games. Well, I've missed 3 or 4 myself. Got league pass from the start. Not a self proclaimed expert. Just calling it like I see it. You're the one it seems can't take it. Telling Fran to stop being a housewife. Nice manly slam btw. Sure you'll get some bro love for that from the **** your feelings crowd. I watch all the Kings podcasts. Most of the post game interviews. Monk is a self absorbed shithead that doesn't give Keegan his due. Monk has the ball in his hands and pretty much decides where the ball goes when he's in. It's usually not Keegan's way. We can argue about the why. That's fine. But you come on here looking to shit on people. I shit I you because you deserved it. If you want to talk basketball go ahead. If you want to talk shit go ahead. I can ignore you if you have nothing to add but hate.

Last edited:
Monk and Keegan have very different demeanor, which is great. Monk has a role to play and generally does a great job and if he had such a massive ego he would demand to start. He comes off the bench. Guy plays with some swagger and is a scorer. I have no idea if he and Keegan get along but I have heard they play golf together. Also, Monk is from a small-mid sized town in Arkansas, not a big city guy. I love the nucleus of Fox, Sabonis, Keegan and Monk. Pretty damn good.

Monk and Keegan have very different demeanor, which is great. Monk has a role to play and generally does a great job and if he had such a massive ego he would demand to start. He comes off the bench. Guy plays with some swagger and is a scorer. I have no idea if he and Keegan get along but I have heard they play golf together. Also, Monk is from a small-mid sized town in Arkansas, not a big city guy. I love the nucleus of Fox, Sabonis, Keegan and Monk. Pretty damn good.
As long as Huerter is out, we're going to continue to see a steady diet of Keon Ellis. Dude has been balling and very good on defense. I'd keep Monk coming in off the bench (He's the front-runner for 6th man of the year). Barnes has played so many consecutive games, I lost count lol. Outside of what Monk brings off the bench, (Throw out his 0 point performance yesterday), the Kings don't have an "Alpha" like Monk.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Good post. I see what I see. You see what you see. Very respectful. Kudos Bird

Good post. I see what I see. You see what you see. Very respectful. Kudos Bird

I don’t watch as many games as you do but tend to agree that for a guy that averages 5+ assists, Keegan does not SEEM to be on his share of those. Just observational. Monk is cocky, yes. But I would argue Keegan could be more assertive. Just a bit. Their scoring and shooting stats are very similar this year, but Monks free throw trips are the difference. Keegan is the better defender of course.

Fun team to watch and the west is just brutally tough. They could use a little more defense, and If Keegan can warm up from 3.

The Kings (42-29) beat Philadelphia (39-33) at home, 108-96.

De'Aaron Fox and Keegan led the Kings in scoring with 23 points each.

Keegan's stats:

38 minutes (of 48 possible)

3-11 (27%) from 3
6-9 (67%) from 2
9-20 (45%) overall shooting

2-3 (67%) FTs

23 Points
3 Rebounds (0 Offensive)
4 Assists
1 Block

1 Steal

0 Turnovers
2 Fouls

• Love
Reactions: Hawksfor3
The Kings (42-29) beat Philadelphia (39-33) at home, 108-96.

De'Aaron Fox and Keegan led the Kings in scoring with 23 points each.

Keegan's stats:

38 minutes (of 48 possible)

3-11 (27%) from 3
6-9 (67%) from 2
9-20 (45%) overall shooting

2-3 (67%) FTs

23 Points
3 Rebounds (0 Offensive)
4 Assists
1 Block

1 Steal

0 Turnovers
2 Fouls
Nice going Keegs! +19 to lead all players too!

13 shots in the first quarter hitting at almost 70% true shooting percentage. 7 total shots the rest of the game combined. Someone must have not liked him starting out hot.

Reactions: HFan1981
13 shots in the first quarter hitting at almost 70% true shooting percentage. 7 total shots the rest of the game combined. Someone must have not liked him starting out hot.
I watched this game.
Keegan had a great 1st qtr.
After that he cooled off.
I have seen him get ignored by monk/fox but not so much this game.
He was guarded on most of his looks.
He was guarding their 2nd best guy.
Good win.

Hoping the Kings can keep this game close at half to have a chance. Even if they lose tonight, they have the Mavs again on Friday. Kings currently lead Mavs 2-0 for this season. Kings need to win 1 of 2 for the tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Keegan had 17 pts and 3 rebs as Mavs obliterate the Kings 132-96.

Where's the defense?

Dallas shooting:

22-39 (56%) from 3
29-53 (55%) from 2
51-92 (55%) overall shooting

8-13 (62%) FTs

132 Points Scored

More Keegan Stats:

33 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-6 (33%) from 3
4-5 (80%) from 2
6-11 (54%) Overall shooting

3-4 (75%) FTs

17 points
3 Rebounds (1 offensive)
1 Steal

1 Turnover
1 Foul

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Where's the defense?

Dallas shooting:

22-39 (56%) from 3
29-53 (55%) from 2
51-92 (55%) overall shooting

8-13 (62%) FTs

132 Points Scored

More Keegan Stats:

33 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-6 (33%) from 3
4-5 (80%) from 2
6-11 (54%) Overall shooting

3-4 (75%) FTs

17 points
3 Rebounds (1 offensive)
1 Steal

1 Turnover
1 Foul
The 2nd half was hard to watch. Kings looked panicked. Nothing would go down and generally players looked disconnected.

• Sad
Kings get another crack at Dallas after the annihilation the Mavs served up in Sactown on the 26th, as Dallas and Sac wrangle tonight @ 9 PM on NBA TV and League Pass. Tonight's game will determine which team has the tiebreaker for the series. Go Keegan!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT