ADVERTISEMENT

How's Keegan Doing?

Kings go down 107-103. Keegan: 12 pts and 7 rebs.
Malik Monk suffered a knee injury when Doncic' fell on his leg.

Another troubling sign: the Kings led at home, 82-73, heading into the 4th qtr. They then get outscored in the final 12 minutes by 13 points (34-21).

The Kings are currently the #8 seed in the West and look headed for the Play in Tournament.

More Keegan Stats:

35 minutes (of 48 possible)

4-7 (57%) from 3
0-4 (0%) from 2
4-11 (36%) Overall shooting

0-0 (0%) FTs

12 points
7 Rebounds (1 offensive)
1 Block
1 Assist
0 Steals

0 Turnovers
5 Fouls

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Jazz @ Kings @ 8 PM on League Pass. Kings without Monk (knee), Huerter (shoulder), and no word on Lyles and Vezenkov.
Updated: Trey Lyles and Sasha Vezenkov are both questionable for tonight. Hoping at least one of them will return tonight.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Franisdaman
Will be interesting to see if Keegan’s offensive stats bump up significantly if Monk is out for an extended time that seems likely from the injury he had.
Keegan should definitely get more shots now. I think he will see the ball more in general as the Kings fill the vacuum left by Monks injury. I expect to see more player and ball movement as well. Hopefully Keegan can meet the challenge and I think he will. Being left no choice but to be aggressive is going to help.

Will be interesting to see if Keegan’s offensive stats bump up significantly if Monk is out for an extended time that seems likely from the injury he had.
Yeah, Keegan's numbers will probably go up, as well as the others too. Mike Brown is a "Next Man Up" guy as well. Much will be demanded from all, especially with Huerter and Monk out.

Keegan should definitely get more shots now. I think he will see the ball more in general as the Kings fill the vacuum left by Monks injury. I expect to see more player and ball movement as well. Hopefully Keegan can meet the challenge and I think he will. Being left no choice but to be aggressive is going to help.
100% :D

It's just one game but the Kings put up 84 shots last night and Keegan had the most shot attempts (18) followed by Fox (15), Sabonis (14), Barnes (12) and Trey Lyles, who came off the bench (8).

Keegan led the team in scoring with 25 followed by Fox & Barnes, who both had 24.

How Keegan got his 25 points in 35 minutes:

5-12 (42%) from 3
5-6 (83%) from 2
10-18 (56%) Overall shooting

0-0 FTs

It's just one game but the Kings put up 84 shots last night and Keegan had the most shot attempts (18) followed by Fox (15), Sabonis (14), Barnes (12) and Trey Lyles, who came off the bench (8).

Keegan led the team in scoring with 25 followed by Fox & Barnes, who both had 24.

How Keegan got his 25 points in 35 minutes:

5-12 (42%) from 3
5-6 (83%) from 2
10-18 (56%) Overall shooting

0-0 FTs
I believe he was the high scorer for the Kings and had the 2nd or 3rd +/-.

Kings win over the Clippers 109-95. Keegan with 19 pts, 5 rebs, 2 ast, a steal, and a block.

The Western Conference playoffs are gonna be nuts. After tonight, Denver, Minnesota and OKC all sit at the top of the West with 23 losses.

The Kings, as the current #7 seed, are still stuck in the Play in Tournament but, with 7 games to go, they are just 1 game back of current #5 Dallas and current #6 New Orleans.

When it comes to shot attempts tonight, Fox led with 20, followed by Keegan with 18 and Sabonis with 17.

More Keegan's stats:

38 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-7 (29%) from 3
6-11 (54%) from 2
8-18 (44%) overall shooting

1-1 (100%) FTs

19 Points
5 Rebounds (2 Offensive)
2 Assists
1 Block

1 Steal

2 Turnovers
1 Foul

It's like watching tennis.....fran...hawks for 3....fran....hawks for 3 ....fran....hawks for 3

Thank you for the updates and the perseverance.

• Haha
The Western Conference playoffs are gonna be nuts. After tonight, Denver, Minnesota and OKC all sit at the top of the West with 23 losses.

The Kings, as the current #7 seed, are still stuck in the Play in Tournament but, with 7 games to go, they are just 1 game back of current #5 Dallas and current #6 New Orleans.

When it comes to shot attempts tonight, Fox led with 20, followed by Keegan with 18 and Sabonis with 17.

More Keegan's stats:

38 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-7 (29%) from 3
6-11 (54%) from 2
8-18 (44%) overall shooting

1-1 (100%) FTs

19 Points
5 Rebounds (2 Offensive)
2 Assists
1 Block

1 Steal

2 Turnovers
1 Foul
I don't know they'll be able to catch Dallas, as long as Luka Doncic and Kyrie are healthy. The Pels still have a healthy Zion, and Ingram is still out. Probably won't catch NO would be my guess. Glad Keegan is shooting more for sure.

I don't know they'll be able to catch Dallas, as long as Luka Doncic and Kyrie are healthy. The Pels still have a healthy Zion, and Ingram is still out. Probably won't catch NO would be my guess. Glad Keegan is shooting more for sure.
If they had an easier schedule maybe they could catch NO but 3 of their next 4 are road games vs Celtics, Knicks, and Thunder. They do play NO in their 3rd to last game, that one could be a big one..

If they had an easier schedule maybe they could catch NO but 3 of their next 4 are road games vs Celtics, Knicks, and Thunder. They do play NO in their 3rd to last game, that one could be a big one..

If the season ended today, only 2 of these 4 teams would make the playoffs:

7. Sacramento
8. Phoenix
9. LA Lakers
10. Golden State

Golden State & Lebron are all starting to show their age ;)

Yeah, their schedule is like, the 4th most difficult in the League. Two back-to-backs coming up with Knicks and Celtics (away) and later, the Pels and Suns (home). Yikes.

If they can't get to 6th, hoping the Kings can stay in the 7 seed and win their play in game assuming T-Wolves finish 2nd. They have done fairly well against the T-Wolves this year who are current number 2 seed. If Warriors/Lakers stay 9/10 and Kings lose their first play in game they would have to play either of those 2, and while they have dominated the Lakers recently I wouldn't want to play them in a 1 off play in game.

If they can't get to 6th, hoping the Kings can stay in the 7 seed and win their play in game assuming T-Wolves finish 2nd. They have done fairly well against the T-Wolves this year who are current number 2 seed. If Warriors/Lakers stay 9/10 and Kings lose their first play in game they would have to play either of those 2, and while they have dominated the Lakers recently I wouldn't want to play them in a 1 off play in game.
You have access to the Lounge. Any threads in there similar to this? Asking for a friend (yeah, right!).

Keegan recently passed up past greats Yogi Ferrell (Indiana) Sam Mack (ISU) & Lawrence Funderburke (OSU) in career scoring and went over the 2000 point mark.

Kings lose to Knicks. Keegan with 18 pts and 2 rebs. No rest for Sac. Game with Celtics tomorrow night in Boston @ 6:30 PM on NBA TV. Kings had as much as a 21 pt lead early in the game and end up getting waxed.

Last edited:
  • Sad
The Kings (44-32) lose at New York (45-31), 120-109.

The game was tied at 87 after 3 quarters.

Keegan's stats:

32 minutes (of 48 possible)

4-10 (40%) from 3
3-4 (75%) from 2
7-14 (50%) overall shooting

0-0 (0%) FTs

18 Points
2 Rebounds (1 Offensive)
0 Assists
1 Block

0 Steals

1 Turnover
5 Fouls

Forget about the Playoffs. With the remaining schedule as it is, I don't think they can get to the 6th spot in the West. I'm also not really confident they'll get through the Play-in as well.

I wonder if they can even go 3-3 with this remaining schedule. I think there's for sure 2 losses.

@ Celtics, @ Nets, @ Thunder, Pelicans, Suns, Trail Blazers

I wonder if they can even go 3-3 with this remaining schedule. I think there's for sure 2 losses.

@ Celtics, @ Nets, @ Thunder, Pelicans, Suns, Trail Blazers
Most likely not. The Celtics are who they are, Championship caliber, and we'll be on another back-to-back. They may be able to secure a win at Brooklyn. Then, it's fly back to OKC where Gilgeous-Alexander is having a phenomenal season. After all of that, they fly back to Sac to play a team that has basically owned them in the first three meetings in the Pels. The Suns are playing well and are always tough with Booker and KD.
They finish the season with a game at home vs Portland. The only positive in that game is that you'll see Keegan and Kris together for the last time this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT