ADVERTISEMENT

HWC $146,785 Raised! Goal- 100K

poJycwIsTAS6TOorZ3Zl

Dear Jack,

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $120
Receipt #: 210110
Donated at: 05/15/17 18:18:40

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Minnhawkeye ,

poJycwIsTAS6TOorZ3Zl

Dear Jack,

Amount: $120
Receipt #: 210110
Donated at: 05/15/17 18:18:40

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Minnhawkeye ,

Attaboy Jack

I'm completely blown away guys! I remember donating $100 and thinking that I'd be happy if we hit $2,500 after Pinters said "match me". Then we hit $7k in no time and I thought that maybe we could get $15-20k. We've had donations of various amounts from pretty much every regular and semi-regular on this board, and even had people sign up in order to post their receipts. We've raised over $125,000 to help support some absolutely outstanding people, and I couldn't be prouder. Can't even put it into words, friends.

Last edited:
poJycwIsTAS6TOorZ3Zl

Dear Gabriel,

Amount: $33.33
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/15/17 19:17:51
Receipt #: 210128

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

My mind is blown over this movement as well... Unbelievably inspiring shit! Just set up my recurring payment... Super easy and you can login and change your donation amount at any time... The odd number was strictly for Mendoza, btw...; )

GO HAWKS!

I have worked with fundraising for a long time and have had clients similar to HWC in size, finances and passion. I have never seen anything like this effort. Seriously, what happened here (and will continue to happen) is worthy of a marketing case study.

I have worked with fundraising for a long time and have had clients similar to HWC in size, finances and passion. I have never seen anything like this effort. Seriously, what happened here (and will continue to happen) is worthy of a marketing case study.
Indeed, GG. I've said the same before -- that this is very possibly an unprecedented event. A spontaneous fundraising effort that emerged without any solicitation whatsoever from a thread on a message board among a bunch of passionate fans who just decided to take matters into their own hands. You just don't see this happen. Iowa wrestling fans are a rare breed, and rare breeds can accomplish rare feats. The extra cool thing is that we're just barely getting started. Big things are ahead, no doubt!

poJycwIsTAS6TOorZ3Zl

Dear Gabriel,

Donated at: 05/15/17 19:17:51
Receipt #: 210128

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

My mind is blown over this movement as well... Unbelievably inspiring shit! Just set up my recurring payment... Super easy and you can login and change your donation amount at any time... The odd number was strictly for Mendoza, btw...; )

GO HAWKS!
Alright, Gabriel! Rock on, brother! Hope to catch you Friday night!

When a group of people believe in something like this group does, it makes difficult things seem easy.

Randy, if you ever run out of ideas or have questions or just need to bounce ideas off someone, don't be afraid to ask this group, you'll get the good, the bad and the ugly, but it's all meant well.

Mike

Hawkeye Wrestling Club,

You have just received a monthly donation from D. Wooderson for $100. This is a receipt for your records.

Donor: David Wooderson
Donor Email: azchief32@mac.com
Amount: $100
Donated at: 05/15/17 20:28:55
Receipt #: 210158
Donation type: Stripe
Comment: "Have you set up recurring donations to HWC? It'd be a lot cooler if you did!!"

You can contact the donor by replying to this email.

Really wish I could squeeze it in... Ironically I will be right around the corner that same evening at the Hoyt Sherman grooving dafaq out to Les Claypool and Primus. Have one or 7 for me gents!
What's especially ironic is that, two days later, I'll be sitting in the same Hoyt Sherman watching our daughter dance ballet! Sorry we'll miss you Friday night, my man, but that concert sounds like a great time!

Reactions: Gobblin
Hawkeye Wrestling Club,

You have just received a monthly donation from D. Wooderson for $100. This is a receipt for your records.

Donor: David Wooderson
Donor Email: azchief32@mac.com
Amount: $100
Donated at: 05/15/17 20:28:55
Receipt #: 210158
Donation type: Stripe
Comment: "Have you set up recurring donations to HWC? It'd be a lot cooler if you did!!"

You can contact the donor by replying to this email.

I'm just jealous you made all conference and I didn't...

Just set up my recurring payment..The odd number was strictly for Mendoza, btw...; )

GO HAWKS!

I just have no idea how to deal with this!! My head's going to explode if you guys keep it up...though I guess I should be thrilled with all donations, even the "odd" ones! :)

Hmmm. . . . $124,880.05. . . . IT'S MENDOZA TIME!!!

I was super excited to have the opportunity to put the total at the beautiful number of $125,000.....and then several others beat me to it, and even did the unthinkable by making it an "odd number" total...totally spoiled my day! :( How about I throw in $25,000 to get it to $150,000?? ;) If only.....

I was super excited to have the opportunity to put the total at the beautiful number of $125,000.....and then several others beat me to it, and even did the unthinkable by making it an "odd number" total...totally spoiled my day! :( How about I throw in $25,000 to get it to $150,000?? ;) If only.....
sorry, man, you already got my nickel. Best I can do!

Think we will ever see the HWC going and competing at the Midlands again? Might be able to pay their way just from $1-$5 per win bets on here. Possible lineup with bumping a couple guys could be...
125 Gilman
133 McD
141Clark/Dardanes
149Dardanes
174 Meyer
184Brooks
197 Burak
Heavy Telford

Reactions: AFHawk86
Randy,

I don't know if this is happening to everyone, but, when I google "Hawkeye Wrestling Club twitter" the twitter account does not come up. The "Hawkeye Wrestling" account appears, but it's hard to get to the "@HWC_wrestling" account.

I thought you should be made aware of this to possibly fix and would allow more people to find the official HWC twitter! I'm sure it is an easy fix with google but I think this will help a ton!

<<I don't know if this is happening to everyone, but, when I google "Hawkeye Wrestling Club twitter" the twitter account does not come up. The "Hawkeye Wrestling" account appears, but it's hard to get to the "@HWC_wrestling" account.

I thought you should be made aware of this to possibly fix and would allow more people to find the official HWC twitter! I'm sure it is an easy fix with google but I think this will help a ton!>>

Any experts know how to fix it?

<<I don't know if this is happening to everyone, but, when I google "Hawkeye Wrestling Club twitter" the twitter account does not come up. The "Hawkeye Wrestling" account appears, but it's hard to get to the "@HWC_wrestling" account.

I thought you should be made aware of this to possibly fix and would allow more people to find the official HWC twitter! I'm sure it is an easy fix with google but I think this will help a ton!>>

Any experts know how to fix it?
if you do the same search in google without spaces: hawkeyewrestlingclub it comes up as #2.

my suggestion would be to edit the profile name to have the spaces added. Also, put the Hawkeye Wrestling Club phrase in the "About" section.

The more locations that phrase is prominent, the better google will assist and rank.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Coming out of my 5+ year self imposed posting hiatus. (been so long I forgot my password. Unable to retrieve it; so I made a new account) Already set up my monthly. just keeping the ball rolling. going to check on my company match as well.
Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $50.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Filled : Thu, 18 May 17 12:47:40 -0500

if you do the same search in google without spaces: hawkeyewrestlingclub it comes up as #2.

my suggestion would be to edit the profile name to have the spaces added. Also, put the Hawkeye Wrestling Club phrase in the "About" section.

The more locations that phrase is prominent, the better google will assist and rank.
These Luther grads are smart!

Coming out of my 5+ year self imposed posting hiatus. (been so long I forgot my password. Unable to retrieve it; so I made a new account) Already set up my monthly. just keeping the ball rolling. going to check on my company match as well.
Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $50.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Filled : Thu, 18 May 17 12:47:40 -0500
Awesome, Wiltz! Good work! And nice to have you back off of the hiatus!

Everybody notice two key components of his post?
  1. He set up his recurrent monthly donation
  2. He's checking to see if his company will match (i.e., double) it
This is huge! Every Hawk fan who's interested in playing a part in the Hawks' return to the top of college wrestling and the HWC's ascent to top club status will do the same (in whatever amount is suitable, of course, and naturally, that will vary). All hands on deck!

Last edited:

I'm not even going to begin to pretend to know anything about that process lol, I just hope that soon when I google "Hawkeye Wrestling Club" or "Hawkeye Wrestling Club twitter" that a link to the clubs twitter will be readily available!

I think that something simple like that will increase traffic of their twitter heavily! And that is where a lot of HWC news and updates get put out!

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT