ADVERTISEMENT

HWC $146,785 Raised! Goal- 100K

TokyoHawkeye asked me to post this as HR seems to block messages from overseas IP addresses

He hopes to see a lot of HWC wrestlers in 2020 Tokyo and fans too. He has already lined up a 3-5 mats training location for them to practice and prepare for some Golds in Tokyo!

Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $1,000.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Filled : Tue, 02 May 17 05:35:35 -0500

Use Opera browser and VPN into the US.

Thanks Tokyo!

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
TokyoHawkeye asked me to post this as HR seems to block messages from overseas IP addresses

He hopes to see a lot of HWC wrestlers in 2020 Tokyo and fans too. He has already lined up a 3-5 mats training location for them to practice and prepare for some Golds in Tokyo!

AWESOME!! This is great! Have actually pondered that trip! But really just a pipe dream as I truly like my home turf, USA.......(and couch)

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I just registered for the granGABLE (http://grangable.com/register/) and encourage any of the active amoung us to do the same!
For the rest of the month you get 25% off registration. I knew exactly where the 25% savings was going:

Donor Contribution : $30.00

I just registered for the granGABLE (http://grangable.com/register/) and encourage any of the active amoung us to do the same!
For the rest of the month you get 25% off registration. I knew exactly where the 25% savings was going:

Donor Contribution : $30.00

I will donate $1 for each mile you ride, so hopefully you are doing the 100 miles route....:)

I've been sponsored! :D:cool: (Kwood, I need some emoji help here)
And yes, I'm doing the 100. I haven't missed one of these yet!

NEXT level fund raising! Individuals getting sponsored for participating in the Gran Gable. Proceeds go to the HWC . Not necessarily from this message board. Family, friends, associates. Need to cast the net a little further. I like it!

Last edited:

Arigato Tokyosan

BREAKING NEWS:

Due to the generosity of the Hawkeye Report nation we have exceeded our goal of $100,000 -- as of this am we have raised $102,115 !! The rest of this is going to get a bit wordy---so please bear with me-

Thank you--this is beyond anything I could have imagined and really it wasn't my intention to come to this forum and ask for money-- I did want to communicate better , and explain some of the challenges the HWC faces and in the middle of that Pinters got the ball rolling and this has taken off! Thank you Pinters!

So give yourself a pat on the back--we have raised quite a bit of $$ in a short period of time, but more importantly I have learned a lot from this group, or should say WE have learned a lot.( HWC Board--Coaching staff etc). In the last 30 days-- a lot going on, we are moving/progressing toward a new facility-- we are evaluating and trying to understand a path to get our general fund to 1.5mm per year. We are looking way down the road and thinking about how we can build on an endowment --so the club will be set for the long term-- and future coaches and board members will have a stable source of income.

I will be reporting back on this very thread on occasion with updates - if we get more donations via this thread I am happy to update the amount --We certainly have a lot to accomplish to build the club and be able to have the resources that gives our coaches every advantage possible.. A strong club with Elite athletes not only helps our collegiate team, it is attractive to recruits because they get to wrestle with these guys as well. If we succeed in our goals--our coaches/staff/HWC wrestlers can spend more time in the room and out recruiting--where they are most effective instead of a heavy schedule of fundraising.

We have some momentum/excitement and passion that is growing-- I look forward to riding this wave and doing my part . Simply put I want Iowa Wrestling on top-- the very top.

Suggestions/advice and yes criticism are welcomed. Thanks you some much for being a part of it!

Randy Novak

is there any rules regarding advertising on Facebook? the country club that I'm on the board for does a lot of "boosting" a post across an area to get the word out. I believe we have spent only like $20 and have like over 1,500 people see our post. its a small investment but its all about getting the info out and in front of peoples faces and why not use the one of the biggest social media outlets. just a thought.

<<is there any rules regarding advertising on Facebook? the country club that I'm on the board for does a lot of "boosting" a post across an area to get the word out. I believe we have spent only like $20 and have like over 1,500 people see our post. its a small investment but its all about getting the info out and in front of peoples faces and why not use the one of the biggest social media outlets. just a thought.>>

fanpujols5-- We are doing that with our banquet FB postings-- and are exploring more targeted FB and Twitter activities. Thx!

Let's keep it going with the monthly deposits:

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $10
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/03/17 09:57:50
Receipt #: 202525

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

GO HAWKS!!!

BREAKING NEWS:

Due to the generosity of the Hawkeye Report nation we have exceeded our goal of $100,000 -- as of this am we have raised $102,115 !! The rest of this is going to get a bit wordy---so please bear with me-

Thank you--this is beyond anything I could have imagined and really it wasn't my intention to come to this forum and ask for money-- I did want to communicate better , and explain some of the challenges the HWC faces and in the middle of that Pinters got the ball rolling and this has taken off! Thank you Pinters!

So give yourself a pat on the back--we have raised quite a bit of $$ in a short period of time, but more importantly I have learned a lot from this group, or should say WE have learned a lot.( HWC Board--Coaching staff etc). In the last 30 days-- a lot going on, we are moving/progressing toward a new facility-- we are evaluating and trying to understand a path to get our general fund to 1.5mm per year. We are looking way down the road and thinking about how we can build on an endowment --so the club will be set for the long term-- and future coaches and board members will have a stable source of income.

I will be reporting back on this very thread on occasion with updates - if we get more donations via this thread I am happy to update the amount --We certainly have a lot to accomplish to build the club and be able to have the resources that gives our coaches every advantage possible.. A strong club with Elite athletes not only helps our collegiate team, it is attractive to recruits because they get to wrestle with these guys as well. If we succeed in our goals--our coaches/staff/HWC wrestlers can spend more time in the room and out recruiting--where they are most effective instead of a heavy schedule of fundraising.

We have some momentum/excitement and passion that is growing-- I look forward to riding this wave and doing my part . Simply put I want Iowa Wrestling on top-- the very top.

Suggestions/advice and yes criticism are welcomed. Thanks you some much for being a part of it!

Randy Novak
New goal needed! And the HWC needs this type of support and then some every year. This can't be just a one time thing for everyone! Lets keep this ball rolling! Here is to the next $100K. My wife is gonna kill me but as a die hard Hawk wrestling fan, I had to kick in just a little more after reading that we had met our original goal.

Donor Contribution : $100.00

Filled : Wed, 03 May 17 10:23:04 -0500

What a great idea to donate monthly!

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $20
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/03/17 10:53:13
Receipt #: 202562

If you guys start getting Russian oil money contributions, I'm crying foul.

Speaking of them Soviets...we need to get a pipeline of some hammers from Dagestan/Ossetia into our room and into HWC. And bring one of their coaches with them to help take the load off of Terry and add to our current system. Plus he can help coach Eastern Iowa Wrestling Club in the spring and summer.

How do we go about doing this? And how much do we need to fundraise? I'd like a contingent of 6-8 of them with a coach as well. We do have a Mosque in IC, correct?

New goal needed! And the HWC needs this type of support and then some every year. This can't be just a one time thing for everyone! Lets keep this ball rolling! Here is to the next $100K. My wife is gonna kill me but as a die hard Hawk wrestling fan, I had to kick in just a little more after reading that we had met our original goal.

Donor Contribution : $100.00

Filled : Wed, 03 May 17 10:23:04 -0500
Just to clarify, the goal goes FAR beyond $100,000. I think what Randy was getting at was that we're going to pursue NUMEROUS methods of kicking the HWC fundraising up a notch. Donations via this thread are always welcome, but the focus is moving to the bigger picture, bringing in big-time funds to the point where the HWC is raising millions annually and ultimately endowed, so that its income stream is self-perpetuating.

One big step in that direction is getting as many Iowa fans as possible on monthly donations. Then you have any number of other methods of fundraising that will be pursued, along with efforts to increase the visibility of the HWC and the Iowa wrestling program around the state and nationwide. This thing is going to be attacked from every angle. Hawk fans are on a mission, and everyone has an important role!

Just to clarify, the goal goes FAR beyond $100,000. I think what Randy was getting at was that we're going to pursue NUMEROUS methods of kicking the HWC fundraising up a notch. Donations via this thread are always welcome, but the focus is moving to the bigger picture, bringing in big-time funds to the point where the HWC is raising millions annually and ultimately endowed, so that its income stream is self-perpetuating.

One big step in that direction is getting as many Iowa fans as possible on monthly donations. Then you have any number of other methods of fundraising that will be pursued, along with efforts to increase the visibility of the HWC and the Iowa wrestling program around the state and nationwide. This thing is going to be attacked from every angle. Hawk fans are on a mission, and everyone has an important role!
I was meaning a new goal for just us Hawkeye Report folks! I know we need millions as a whole to accomplish the big picture.

<<I was meaning a new goal for just us Hawkeye Report folks! I know we need millions as a whole to accomplish the big picture>>

Ladies and Gents-- I seriously considered raising the goal-- The reason I did not is I think people that are reading this thread understand that we need donors and auto pay donors. The last thing I want to do is have this forum think that we are here to suck money out of them-- We REALLY appreciate the efforts. We reached an awesome goal.! That doesn't mean this thread is done by any means-- as $$ are donated and people post here I will update it. Nothing would make me smile more then to have to calculate this on a weekly basis and blow by that goal.

With that said you have all been generous- and you ARE making a difference!

I was meaning a new goal for just us Hawkeye Report folks! I know we need millions as a whole to accomplish the big picture.
I wasn't very clear -- sorry. No problem at all with pushing the HR total to massive heights! I was just emphasizing that the picture is much bigger and that it's the monthly donations, etc., that will really help to get us to where we need to be.

By all means, let's keep crushing it on HR, too!

I wasn't very clear -- sorry. No problem at all with pushing the HR total to massive heights! I was just emphasizing that the picture is much bigger and that it's the monthly donations, etc., that will really help to get us to where we need to be.

By all means, let's keep crushing it on HR, too!
I agree! I set up my monthly donation a couple of weeks ago and I believe that is the easiest way for people to donate in the long term.

Dropped by the facility along with BBWretler and spoke with some of the staff. Have to say that they are on it as far as the new facilities go but it seems that there is a lot of bureaucracy and red tape to be slayed within the university system (as others have alluded). I guess if there is a message, it's for the fans to be patient but there is a shitload of enthusiasm in the wrestling program about the fundraising efforts by the fans and by folks like Bob (and Randy and the HWC of course). As a fan, I was psyched to hear it.

Dropped by the facility along with BBWretler and spoke with some of the staff. Have to say that they are on it as far as the new facilities go but it seems that there is a lot of bureaucracy and red tape to be slayed within the university system (as others have alluded). I guess if there is a message, it's for the fans to be patient but there is a shitload of enthusiasm in the wrestling program about the fundraising efforts by the fans and by folks like Bob (and Randy and the HWC of course). As a fan, I was psyched to hear it.

Yes--major construction projects on a college campus definitely means a long process. It has to meet many milestones before they will even take it to the BOR for approval. It's long and tedious but nothing that hasn't been done many times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT