ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical lineup?

LOL, either way? OK, how about Lee only with a major? He would tech him on two bad legs. At 100%, he might get arrested for assault!
Do you want a real response?

First, do you expect Spencer Lee to be at the top of his game almost two years removed from competition and after rehabbing from surgery?

Second, I think you maybe underestimate how good Robbie Howard is. He came to PSU unable to wrestle as he recovered from injury and due to the Covid year that was 2021. A few matches removed from high school, he won two matches at nationals, including over Heinselman (who Spencer “only” majored) before reinjuring his shoulder.

I think a prediction of TF can be called reasonable. And I think the same can be said about a major decision prediction.

First, do you expect Spencer Lee to be at the top of his game almost two years removed from competition and after rehabbing from surgery?

Second, I think you maybe underestimate how good Robbie Howard is. He came to PSU unable to wrestle as he recovered from injury and due to the Covid year that was 2021. A few matches removed from high school, he won two matches at nationals, including over Heinselman (who Spencer “only” majored) before reinjuring his shoulder.

I think a prediction of TF can be called reasonable. And I think the same can be said about a major decision prediction.
You are realllllllllllly reaching and tryyyyyyyy hard to make your argument. Your comment of Heinselman ("who Spencer "only" majored) is an example of your feeble attempt to stretch facts to "try" to make an argument. the facts as listed from from Wrestlestat - Lee vs. Heinselman:

#61 Heinselman, Malik (24 - 11)#3 Ohio State12/29Midlands Championships125WFALL2:34

Spencer was dominating Heinselman before the fall not a major... also, Howard has lost to Heinselman twice by 5-2 scores before he won his match at NCAA's by a 6-4 score, he's been pinned by McKee and is overall 7-6 thus far in his career. Try again. Also, this might be the first time that Lee has been healthy and not wearing a brace since his freshman year at nationals when he scored 27.5 points in a field that was voted the toughest bracket of the NCAA Tournament, so I do expect him to be "okay" this year.

You are realllllllllllly reaching and tryyyyyyyy hard to make your argument. Your comment of Heinselman ("who Spencer "only" majored) is an example of your feeble attempt to stretch facts to "try" to make an argument. the facts as listed from from Wrestlestat - Lee vs. Heinselman:

#61 Heinselman, Malik (24 - 11)#3 Ohio State12/29Midlands Championships125WFALL2:34

Spencer was dominating Heinselman before the fall not a major... also, Howard has lost to Heinselman twice by 5-2 scores before he won his match at NCAA's by a 6-4 score, he's been pinned by McKee and is overall 7-6 thus far in his career. Try again. Also, this might be the first time that Lee has been healthy and not wearing a brace since his freshman year at nationals when he scored 27.5 points in a field that was voted the toughest bracket of the NCAA Tournament, so I do expect him to be "okay" this year.
LOL. All of this cause I predicted a dominant 10 or 12 or 14 point win, instead of a TF, over a very good wrestler.

I mixed up Spencer’s 11-0 win over Hildebrandt with Heinselman. I stand corrected on that.

Howard got pinned by McKee when he reinjured his shoulder during the match. Regardless, if getting pinned once in your career means you’re not good, then I guess Spencer isn’t good either. Nor was IMAR, I guess (twice pinned). Nor David Taylor. Nor Nick Lee. Nor Myles Martin. And countless other great wrestlers.

Last edited:
LOL. All of this cause I predicted a dominant 10 or 12 or 14 point win, instead of a TF, over a very good wrestler.

I mixed up Spencer’s 11-0 win over Hildebrandt with Heinselman. I stand corrected on that.

Howard got pinned by McKee when he reinjured his shoulder during the match. Regardless, if getting pinned once in your career means you’re not good, then I guess Spencer isn’t good either. Nor was IMAR, I guess (twice pinned). Nor David Taylor. Nor Nick Lee. Nor Myles Martin. And countless other great wrestlers.
11-0 win over Hildebrandt while wrestling with no ACLs.

I didn't say Howard wasn't good because he got pinned--not even close on that one; once again, there you go, trying to manipulate words and miserably failing. I was just pointing out the facts that you had misstated regarding what actually occurred in the match you referenced. I was also not predicting a greater win nor a lessor win; I actually never do that and I never insinuated a margin of victory in my post--once again, you are have reading comprehension issues as well. I simply noted a 7-6 record whereas you stated Howard was better than expected. He might be, but I was, once again, pointing out simple facts. My post was also noting your reference to the likelihood of Spencer not being at the top of his game and I was offering a different perspective on why I expected him to be back to top form. I am starting to feel some empathy for your difficulties and I am sensing there is more to your struggles than basic naïveté or intellect, so I will be more accepting of your posts and I will not expect them to make any sense at all in the future and will let them go without response out of a sense of empathy. Hang in there. Glad you're a fan of wrestling nonetheless.

I didn't say Howard wasn't good because he got pinned--not even close on that one
You had written:

“also, Howard has lost to Heinselman twice by 5-2 scores before he won his match at NCAA's by a 6-4 score, he's been pinned by McKee and is overall 7-6 thus far in his career. Try again”

While fair to bring that all up, it was certainly brought up to contradict the pedestal I have Howard on.

All completely fair.

But if it’s fair to say Howard got pinned by McKee (after injuring his shoulder in the match), then it’s fair also to point out that Spencer ;and countless other great wrestlers have been pinned too.

One thing that I’ve learned and have reflected on is how high you all hold Spencer Lee. I think he’s incredible too. But I hold him in the same regard as Zain and Bo and Nolf and Taylor and Ruth. So maybe I see him as another great wrestler while you see him as one of the greatest? It would explain why some of you are in disbelief that I would predict a MD instead of TF and I would think a MD was reasonable.

P.S. on the 7-6 record… how many other true freshman had all of 3 collegiate matches before entering Big Tens and then NCAAs? And if there have been any others, how many did on a month of practice too?

Last edited:
You had written:

“also, Howard has lost to Heinselman twice by 5-2 scores before he won his match at NCAA's by a 6-4 score, he's been pinned by McKee and is overall 7-6 thus far in his career. Try again”

While fair to bring that all up, it was certainly brought up to contradict the pedestal I have Howard on.

All completely fair.

But if it’s fair to say Howard got pinned by McKee (after injuring his shoulder in the match), then it’s fair also to point out that Spencer ;and countless other great wrestlers have been pinned too.

One thing that I’ve learned and have reflected on is how high you all hold Spencer Lee. I think he’s incredible too. But I hold him in the same regard as Zain and Bo and Nolf and Taylor and Ruth. So maybe I see him as another great wrestler while you see him as one of the greatest? It would explain why some of you are in disbelief that I would predict a MD instead of TF and I would think a MD was reasonable.

P.S. on the 7-6 record… how many other true freshman had all of 3 collegiate matches before entering Big Tens and then NCAAs? And if there have been any others, how many did on a month of practice too?
Okay, okay, one last post. Again, no where did I allude to high esteem or greatness etc., you are reaching for what you want us to say, what you think we perceive. I just stated that I thought he would return to top form or at least what we saw in his freshman year at nationals and I directly stated that ... Nothing more, the rest you are, once again, reaching for! You can't read and comprehend thus my note of empathy. Life must be hard given this lack of reading comprehension and the fact that the Hawkeyes are living in a very large space in your mindset. Why is it that so many Penn State fans feel the need to post on this site. I read both sites and far fewer fans from Iowa post on the Blue and White then PSU followers post on the Hawkeye report.

Last edited:

You do realize that Lee wrestled in December?
Why aren't you mentioning that Howard really is 2 years removed from wrestling?

Reactions: ILHawksFan
If RBY comes back it will be close if not I believe Iowa wins this 6-4.
Spencer by tech 5-0
Henson by Dec. 8-0(assuming no RBY)
Woods by dec. 11-0
Murin by dec. 14-0
Haines by tech 14-5
Kennedy by dec 17-5
Starcrap by major 17-9
Brooks by major 17-13
Dean by dec 17-16(could go either way)
Cass by dec 20-16
If Rby is there he wins by dec making it 17-19. But Warner could offset that with a win as well.

If RBY comes back it will be close if not I believe Iowa wins this 6-4.
Spencer by tech 5-0
Henson by Dec. 8-0(assuming no RBY)
Woods by dec. 11-0
Murin by dec. 14-0
Haines by tech 14-5
Kennedy by dec 17-5
Starcrap by major 17-9
Brooks by major 17-13
Dean by dec 17-16(could go either way)
Cass by dec 20-16
If Rby is there he wins by dec making it 17-19. But Warner could offset that with a win as well.
I know Haines is good but Im Taking our guy to keep it to a major or even better. Maybe our next transfer coming in will major Haines.

It’s Starocci. Carter Starocci. He’s won two NCAA titles in two attempts.
Starlord?

This guy?

84a399e4-b376-4afe-a982-907605a204e9.jpg

Grip has gone from 'we can never beat penn state because of their advantages'

To 'we'll beat penn state next year because we'll get all the transfers'
Hold up (Smalls) I never said we cannot beat them, we did last year and the year before that! So don’t get all bitchy because I said maybe Nemo is better than you, I confirmed you suck way less then him!
Now what I did say is they have lots of money and what are they doing with it?
You have to play the lines I understand, but you know as well as I do who try’s to do things right and who doesn’t.

I never said we cannot beat them,

you 100% cried that it was an uneven playing field and an uphill battle

I said maybe Nemo is better than you

i never saw you say this but it just further proves you're a dips!t

Now what I did say is they have lots of money and what are they doing with it

lol. what a lying coward. you said way more than that.

I never said we cannot beat them,

you 100% cried that it was an uneven playing field and an uphill battle

I said maybe Nemo is better than you

i never saw you say this but it just further proves you're a dips!t

Now what I did say is they have lots of money and what are they doing with it

lol. what a lying coward. you said way more than that.
Erroneous erroneous on all counts,
Just stop before you dig yourself another 3’ hole you can not climb out of.
Hey at least that Nemo guy try’s to post relative stuff even if they are wrong, you just announce that you have been “in touch with the coaches” “they tell me things” then crickets. Try to stay relevant you little shit , now wonder Flow canned your ass!

You have to play the lines I understand, but you know as well as I do who try’s to do things right and who doesn’t.
You love to cry foul, but try to look at the Real Woods thing objectively. What if the exact same series of events happened but instead of Iowa, he went to Penn State? Look at the facts. You could easily surmise that some funny business was going on behind the scenes since he entered the portal with a do not contact designation. A deal must have been wrapped up before he was free to be contacted about a transfer. There are rumors he he was talking to people while at the NCAA Championships. Would you cast any accusations PSU's way knowing those facts/rumors?
It's kind of like Matthew McConaughey's closing remarks in A Time to Kill. The only difference would be rather than him saying "now imagine she's white" he says "imagine he's a Hawkeye". Perspective is everything.
And for the record, I don't think Iowa did anything wrong in the Real Woods transfer. For all I know he has dreamed about being a Hawkeye his whole life. I think it is great for the PSU-Iowa rivalry next year, although it sucks for Stanford. But that's life.

Erroneous erroneous on all counts,
Just stop before you dig yourself another 3’ hole you can not climb out of.
Hey at least that Nemo guy try’s to post relative stuff even if they are wrong, you just announce that you have been “in touch with the coaches” “they tell me things” then crickets. Try to stay relevant you little shit , now wonder Flow canned your ass!
tell me you're outta the loop without telling me you're outta the loop.

you're a daily clown show and embarrass your fan base with nearly every post.

Reactions: Creek Side
You love to cry foul, but try to look at the Real Woods thing objectively. What if the exact same series of events happened but instead of Iowa, he went to Penn State? Look at the facts. You could easily surmise that some funny business was going on behind the scenes since he entered the portal with a do not contact designation. A deal must have been wrapped up before he was free to be contacted about a transfer. There are rumors he he was talking to people while at the NCAA Championships. Would you cast any accusations PSU's way knowing those facts/rumors?
It's kind of like Matthew McConaughey's closing remarks in A Time to Kill. The only difference would be rather than him saying "now imagine she's white" he says "imagine he's a Hawkeye". Perspective is everything.
And for the record, I don't think Iowa did anything wrong in the Real Woods transfer. For all I know he has dreamed about being a Hawkeye his whole life. I think it is great for the PSU-Iowa rivalry next year, although it sucks for Stanford. But that's life.
They come to Wrestle at IOWA because they wanna be part of the best program, coached by the best coaches, wrestle in front of the biggest crowds and best fans etc..... Real Woods is Real smart, he knows this, and I have to believe many others do too and will follow!

They go to F*** st because the great Fale pays them to, what do you not understand? RBY jelly has asked for 165K to come back, WTF is this!!?!?!? He has been playing this all alone too. Not coming back, might come back for more $$$$. What are they paying the others? Why with #1s up and down the line up did they have to pay for FOUR more starters if the great Fale "coaches them all up????" HA, yea right!

I don't have much to say about this stuff in general, but I do like it when TnT get guys they want, and i trust them to do what is best for the program. I also acknowledge its obvious that everybody is chasing PSU, and would be lying if i said I wasn't jealous of what they have been doing, because its working. I have tried not to throw much for accusations, and if I have been hypocritical, Im happy to be called out on it.

But.. a lot of the 'funny business' complaints are that guys like Henson (Nevills, Beard) *aren't* transferring from PSU after guys like Woods arrive.

Pretty much universally Iowa fans are bummed to see Henson go, but they understand- on some level at least -him leaving. And Henson didn't have nearly the resume that Nevills and Beard had. (Sad, but not afraid to sum it up as I want what PSU has).

I don't have much to say about this stuff in general, but I do like it when TnT get guys they want, and i trust them to do what is best for the program. I also acknowledge its obvious that everybody is chasing PSU, and would be lying if i said I wasn't jealous of what they have been doing, because its working. I have tried not to throw much for accusations, and if I have been hypocritical, Im happy to be called out on it.

But.. a lot of the 'funny business' complaints are that guys like Henson (Nevills, Beard) *aren't* transferring from PSU after guys like Woods arrive.

Pretty much universally Iowa fans are bummed to see Henson go, but they understand- on some level at least -him leaving. And Henson didn't have nearly the resume that Nevills and Beard had. (Sad, but not afraid to sum it up as I want what PSU has).
It's nice to get a thoughtful response. I get it. Wrestling more than any sport I can think of brings out the visceral reaction in the fans. It's hard to see a rival succeed. It was hard to watch Iowa be so dominant for the previous 2 years. It was hard to see all these upperclassmen coming back for another year and thinking that damn it's just not right. Passion is great but the unfounded accusations don't make anyone look good. And remember there are families behind each of those accusations, people just like us. In regard to families and the Beard/Nevills situation, according to Michael's father, he was disappointed in not being the guy but loves it at PSU and intends to graduate. When he does, who knows what he might do with his eligibility. The Nevills family have become a big PSU family over the years. Seth is beefed up to 300+ pounds and is playing football at PSU. Not every wrestler has goals to be an Olympic athlete or even a coach. Some want to get a degree and start a career. But anyway, I appreciate the thoughtful reply.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT