ADVERTISEMENT

I believe Paul Chryst would be a good hire for NW.

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
He does not have a dynamic personality nor is he a gifted speaker, but he has a hell of a win/loss record. He is at the age where it would not be a steppingstone job. Additionally, he has a good rapport with the WI HS coaches. WI is a state of five million with one P5 team and with the exception of Milwaukee, they have a superb secondary education system. Chryst could grab a lot of recruits who would meet NW's academic requirements. He has always run a "clean" program and also had the respect of his players. If he put together a staff with a few coaches who could recruit nationally; he would keep the NW folks happy. Even though he is "Badger bred," he would seem to have the motivation to stick it to them. He is immediately available and would have the required NIL money to compete. He might even get Leonhard back for a year or two.

........raising my hand..................pick me pick me pick me! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You are in the NFL type level of college football. Lots of guys would go there.
Mike Wilbon (not my favorite) said on PTI yesterday that he as a member of the board of trustees at NW, had already received a number of calls from "name" coaches interested in the job.

He does not have a dynamic personality nor is he a gifted speaker, but he has a hell of a win/loss record. He is at the age where it would not be a steppingstone job. Additionally, he has a good rapport with the WI HS coaches. WI is a state of five million with one P5 team and with the exception of Milwaukee, they have a superb secondary education system. Chryst could grab a lot of recruits who would meet NW's academic requirements. He has always run a "clean" program and also had the respect of his players. If he put together a staff with a few coaches who could recruit nationally; he would keep the NW folks happy. Even though he is "Badger bred," he would seem to have the motivation to stick it to them. He is immediately available and would have the required NIL money to compete. He might even get Leonhard back for a year or two.

I think Chryst would make a great OC and qb whisperer for the Hawkeyes!!!!!

David Shaw would be a great option and so would Paul Chryst maybe not for us lol… But he’s a good man.

I don’t fault Wisconsin for moving on but I’m not positive Luke Fickell is going to put the same Wisconsin on the field that we struggled with!!
You would think Wisky will take a step down on defense moving forward.

I’ve read Jim Leonhard’s name more often in articles than chryst. Little surprised he isn’t coaching anywhere this up coming season. Be it as a DC or HC at a smaller school. Guy was an amazing DC and most thought was successor to chryst or future HC somewhere sooner than later.

I’ve read Jim Leonhard’s name more often in articles than chryst. Little surprised he isn’t coaching anywhere this up coming season. Be it as a DC or HC at a smaller school. Guy was an amazing DC and most thought was successor to chryst or future HC somewhere sooner than later.

If that's the case, I'm guessing NW might start to hate Wisconsin more than Iowa.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
I think they should hire a towel boy from the staff with zero experience or knowledge about the game of football outside of the games he gets to be a part of as a staff member, and then run that program into the f***ing ground.............

That's who would be a good fit for Northwestern.

If players are cool with burning a year or two waiting it out. Not sure I would be.
Agreed, but I'm not sure what a new HC would do in 2023 that an interim wouldn't. No new offense or defense, no new assistants - at this point they don't have any choice but to stay the course with those things.

David Shaw would be a great option and so would Paul Chryst maybe not for us lol… But he’s a good man.

I don’t fault Wisconsin for moving on but I’m not positive Luke Fickell is going to put the same Wisconsin on the field that we struggled with!!
Defense for F' Wiscy will be on par with the past. The offense, that is going to be more OSU'esque. Transfer QB is coming in from throwing for over 7k yards and 72 TD's in 2 seasons! Add in the RB that is outstanding and an OL that is always HUGE, Wiscy will be tough.

PC or DS would be a solid pick, but as others have said - it's inherently a difficult place to establish.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Agreed, but I'm not sure what a new HC would do in 2023 that an interim wouldn't. No new offense or defense, no new assistants - at this point they don't have any choice but to stay the course with those things.
Only thing I can think of is recruiting. With portal I don’t think it’s as big of deal having an interim. However with a few schools and their academic standards like Stanford, Duke and NW being one of them bit more difficult to bring in a lot of quality guys in portal why I think important for those schools to find those HS recruits who fit their mold of what they want.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT