ADVERTISEMENT

I have to admit

Watching some of the early games, especially Iowa State, I wondered where a big ten win would come. Now we have 10!. They are fun to watch!
said everyone watching that sh!t show

Shit Show GIF by The Roku Channel

Weird team in what has become an unpredictable sport. I thought they were a 16-14 team and more or less they are.

Yes, they have gotten much better in the last month, but honestly, Fran will always field a competitive team. And I’m not a fan per se, but they are always dangerous if they get hot from the field.

And basketball as a whole, didn’t I hear historically the top 10 in any given season is 65 plus % on the road and this year, they are like 44%?

As another mentioned, we lost 2-3 games, in hindsight, we had no business losing 🤷‍♂️

Pretty much the same thing the previous 2 years.

Fran teams are great at looking terrible in December. They just took it a little further than normal this year.
The difference this season is there are multiple options in the half court. Josh Dix, Peyton Sandfort and Tony Perkins have been very good at exploiting mismatches.
Per usual, getting stops is how this team will progress. Still not sold there.

The difference this season is there are multiple options in the half court. Josh Dix, Peyton Sandfort and Tony Perkins have been very good at exploiting mismatches.
Per usual, getting stops is how this team will progress. Still not sold there.

Not sold, aren’t we kinda past all that….😛 they’ll never play good defense 😳

Jokes aside….they are competitive & they move the ball around via the pass about as well as any of Fran’s teams have?

They have multiple kids who will take big shots and a few pretty reliable guys. And they don’t have to be red hot, they just have to have good rhythm and they can pile points up in a hurry.

Kind of a fun team to watch….🤷‍♂️

Not sold, aren’t we kinda past all that….😛 they’ll never play good defense 😳

Jokes aside….they are competitive & they move the ball around via the pass about as well as any of Fran’s teams have?

They have multiple kids who will take big shots and a few pretty reliable guys. And they don’t have to be red hot, they just have to have good rhythm and they can pile points up in a hurry.

Kind of a fun team to watch….🤷‍♂️
They've come a pretty significant ways on defense really.

Getting the right player combinations out there was key.

Owen and Ladji can both defend screens fairly effectively compared to what we've had in the past. They both rebound well and defend the paint without fear of fouling.

Dix is becoming one of the better defenders in the league.

Tony gambles too much but is capable of putting plenty of solid possessions together.

Sandfort rebounds well. Even Krikke has improved.

After that absolute woodshedding in Ames and then losing to Michigan @ Carver, I thought it was extremely doubtful this team would even make it to the bubble, the NIT bubble that is.

To be on the bubble of the Big Dance is a testament of what a turnaround the team has enjoyed from late December & through a good deal of January, to now, the beginning of March.

Reactions: cmhawks99
They've come a pretty significant ways on defense really.

Getting the right player combinations out there was key.

Owen and Ladji can both defend screens fairly effectively compared to what we've had in the past. They both rebound well and defend the paint without fear of fouling.

Dix is becoming one of the better defenders in the league.

Tony gambles too much but is capable of putting plenty of solid possessions together.

Sandfort rebounds well. Even Krikke has improved.

Agreed on all accounts! As an aside point; Owen has some really dumb fouls…And I mean, what in the name of……$@&! How can You not avoid that 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: RocknRollface
Hope the week off doesn't kill any momentum. Will be good for Tony though as he was banged up today.

Tournament game right here vs Illini!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Watching some of the early games, especially Iowa State, I wondered where a big ten win would come. Now we have 10!. They are fun to watch!

Turns out little brother is pretty good. They were unranked when they beat us. They are now ranked #8 above Duke and UNC.

The B1G really, really sucks.

Iowa needs 3 more wins to get in.

And 3 more wins will get them in.

And Iowa absolutely doesn’t deserve to get in but they might if they win 3 more.🙃

After that absolute woodshedding in Ames and then losing to Michigan @ Carver, I thought it was extremely doubtful this team would even make it to the bubble, the NIT bubble that is.

To be on the bubble of the Big Dance is a testament of what a turnaround the team has enjoyed from late December & through a good deal of January, to now, the beginning of March.
I've got to give Fran credit. A huge improvement for this team. The problem is, if we make the dance, we'll be a lower seed and get a top team in the first round. Then, of course, the fire Fran group will come out! lol

I've got to give Fran credit. A huge improvement for this team. The problem is, if we make the dance, we'll be a lower seed and get a top team in the first round. Then, of course, the fire Fran group will come out! lol
Assuming, like you said, Iowa gets an invite in a couple weeks .....

Considering how the last 2 or 3 NCAA first rounds went for Iowa, as the higher seed, maybe being the 'underdog' will be exactly what the doctor ordered this time around.

What I do not want to see happen is the Hawks get included, but have to compete in a play-in game to join the main field of the tournament. When the Hawks have played in that game and lost, my excitement and enjoyment nose-dives through the floor hard for the whole rest of the tournament, even the whole first (2nd) round. And that suuuuuucks.

The NCAA Tournament (& even more the previous week, IE Championship Week) is the best sporting event of the year - as long as Iowa is [still] involved.

The B1G really, really sucks.

Iowa needs 3 more wins to get in.

And 3 more wins will get them in.

And Iowa absolutely doesn’t deserve to get in but they might if they win 3 more.🙃
Most of cbb really really sucks. I will be somewhat surprised if they don't get in with 2 more wins

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT