ADVERTISEMENT

I must admit.....

The guy can coach offense. That's it. We ridicule USC and teams that score but can't defend.

Fran is a bargain bin Lincoln Riley

Trade Fran for Tony Bennett at Virginia.

080c9575-ca46-4504-ae6d-e3c31cee97fa_text.gif

Illinois now on their third coach since Fran was hired. Just made the sweet sixteen and set up for a shot at more.

ISU now on their third coach since Fran was hired. Has made their 4th sweet sixteen in that timeframe. All three of the coaches managed to do it at least once.

NC State now on their third coach since Fran was hired. Has made their 3rd sweet sixteen in that timeframe. Two of their coaches have at least one.

Tennessee now on their fourth coach since Fran was hired. Looks on the way to making their 4th sweet sixteen in that timeframe. Three of those four coaches have at least one sweet sixteen at the school.

If Tennessee loses this lead to Texas, then Texas will make their 2nd sweet sixteen since Fran was hired. Currently on their fourth coach during that time frame.

Good news is that we know it is impossible to replace a coach and do well.

Last edited:
Frans biggest problem is his stubbornness, his substitution patterns can be head shaking. He doesn't call timeouts when a team goes on huge runs. I believe beyond all the temper tantrums, he is a good guy and has more integrity than his peers. His teams play hard. I think we can attribute some of the losses of the years to him being outcoached or outcoaching himself.

Exactly. Also, he is loyal to a fault and for someone as knowledgable as he is, I don’t understand some of the lineups he rides too long.

Illinois now on their third coach since Fran was hired. Just made the sweet sixteen and set up for a shot at more.

ISU now on their third coach since Fran was hired. Has made their 4th sweet sixteen in that timeframe. All three of the coaches managed to do it at least once.

NC State now on their third coach since Fran was hired. Has made their 3rd sweet sixteen in that timeframe. Two of their coaches have at least one.

Tennessee now on their fourth coach since Fran was hired. Looks on the way to making their 4th sweet sixteen in that timeframe. Three of those four coaches have at least one sweet sixteen at the school.

If Tennessee loses this lead to Texas, then Texas will make their 2nd sweet sixteen since Fran was hired. Currently on their fourth coach during that time frame.

Pesky facts!

Now I’m sure we could find schools that have changed a bunch without the sweet 16’s but we have to try something different, zero success in tourney under Fran.

Keep posting. These ****ing idiots
Crazy how fans of an Iowa team can coach better than the coach.
Makes you wonder why they are not coaching instead of Fran.
That's the dumbest comment of the night. Fans can't coach better than Fran. But there are plenty of college coaches that can.

What bothered me most about your post was the phrase, "...what little coaching he does." People who have greater access than I do have commented on how hard he works. Try cutting back on the hyperbole.
your reading comprehension isn't very good because I didn't say what you are quoting. Working hard---he ought to for the money he's paid. I think the guy or woman working at a meat packng plant probably works as hard for less fame or fortune.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT