ADVERTISEMENT

I honestly don't know why I expect any different.

Just inconceivable that - other than PMac wanting to show up Robbie Hummel - they had no fire today at all. All right there in front of them. Playing for the 2-seed in the BTT, a 6+ seed in the Big Dance if at least reach Sunday in Chicago.

But instead, just leave a complete steaming pile of shit on the home floor to end the regular season.

AND this after that CRAAAAZY finish to win the MSU game and then just straight 'woodshed'-ing Indiana in Bloomington.

But as you said, its Iowa. And the Iowa Way.

Done with basketball for a few days.

I know nobody wants to but you have to give some credit to Nebraska. Played good defense and shot lights out.

That's great. Play better defense. Have a better game plan. Stop shooting wasted and ridiculous mid range jumpers. You can attack the rim all game and you settled. Is that coaching or on the players? Or both?

I'm irate. I'm so tired of losing games that matter. TWO of them to Nebraska? That's a joke.

Just inconceivable that - other than PMac wanting to show up Robbie Hummel - they had no fire today at all. All right there in front of them. Playing for the 2-seed in the BTT, a 6+ seed in the Big Dance if at least reach Sunday in Chicago.

But instead, just leave a complete steaming pile of shit on the home floor to end the regular season.
A steaming pile of shit indeed. On Senior Night with everything on the line to boot.
Great job Hawks.

That's great. Play better defense. Have a better game plan. Stop shooting wasted and ridiculous mid range jumpers. You can attack the rim all game and you settled. Is that coaching or on the players? Or both?

I'm irate. I'm so tired of losing games that matter. TWO of them to Nebraska? That's a joke.
Coaching. No reason we can’t get to the basket. Perkins is a completely different player when he’s aggressive with the ball. Chris’s athleticism should allow him to take guys off the dribble but he doesn’t. Fran allowing his players to continue to hunt the 3 is stupidity on his part. Leaving Filip in there the entire 2nd half when he was a no factor all game was also a mistake. Put in Josh or go small. Sick of seeing poor defense year after year. Help defense is bad. Closing out on shooters is bad. Issues all year but came full force today.
With 21 offensive rebounds a team shouldn’t lose

Gave up nearly 60% shooting yet again.
I'm done hoping Fran will ever coach defense, or that KF will ever coach offense.

It's frustrating seeing exactly what holds each program back, and nothing being done about it.

I guess "good enough" is good enough.

Holy shit , this spectacularly nails it!!!!

Keys to the games today...

1. Our perimeter defense is a joke.
2. Kris Murray doesn't really have the stones when it matters.
3. Our backcourt is way too inconsistent.
4. We played like we planned on losing.
5. What a bunch of wimps today.
6. The women IA hoops teams have a bigger set of stones than the men's.

Caitlin Clark says she’s coming back next year. Would Barta allow her to play on the men’s team? Would the NCAA allow it or is the possibility a non issue?

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69
Keys to the games today...

1. Our perimeter defense is a joke.
2. Kris Murray doesn't really have the stones when it matters.
3. Our backcourt is way too inconsistent.
4. We played like we planned on losing.
5. What a bunch of wimps today.
6. The women IA hoops teams have a bigger set of stones than the men's.
Murray is the leader of an 11-9 B1G team.

Nothing more nothing less. His softness is exactly the results you should expect if that’s your team’s best player.

It is what it is I guess.

AND this after that CRAAAAZY finish to win the MSU game and then just straight 'woodshed'-ing Indiana in Bloomington.

But as you said, its Iowa. And the Iowa Way.

Done with basketball for a few days.
Great post. I just caught this. We played like a bunch of beta wimps today. What a bunch of beta males today.

This times 1,000,000
Said it a few days ago just when you want to bury them they go and pull the MSU comeback and curb stomp IU, only to have everyone get their hopes up and then subsequently crap it down their legs!
This is Iowa under FM. Just have come to expect it
It's not just under FM. It's Iowa tradition.

In 13 seasons this is sort of the norm with Fran. They win a big game or two and then drop a hot turd against teams they have no business losing to. Fran has won 51% of his Big 10 games… This is where we are and it won’t change. Sadly, we don’t expect too much from basketball and we’re happy with an invite.

It's not just under FM. It's Iowa tradition.
It does feel like that.

But, in this B1G basketball season there are probably 2 teams that aren't pretty disappointed in the season - Purdue and NW. So, 12 teams with a similar empty feeling.

Bizarre that Iowa couldn't seem to beat the teams below them in the standings. Only 1-6 against Neb, Wisky, PSU and OSU.

This team wasn’t ready to play yesterday for some reason after Tuesday in Bloomington. They acted as if a W was a sure thing. How soon can Fran head to South Bend and take his no perimeter defense with him?

Last edited:
Reactions: goodbyebobby
There is zero reason why we should lose that game but we are Iowa, it's what we do.

Fran's lack of coaching up defense will always lead to less than stellar teams. It is just like the football team over the last two years where an above average offense could have lead to Big 10 championships, near perfect records and one or two playoff appearances.

MSU and Nebby both just shot around 60% in Carver. Way too easy

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
It does feel like that.

But, in this B1G basketball season there are probably 2 teams that aren't pretty disappointed in the season - Purdue and NW. So, 12 teams with a similar empty feeling.

Bizarre that Iowa couldn't seem to beat the teams below them in the standings. Only 1-6 against Neb, Wisky, PSU and OSU.

1-6 vs the turds circling the bottom of toilet---interesting stat.. I guess the double bye would have meant we likely didn't face any of those teams.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Coaching. No reason we can’t get to the basket. Perkins is a completely different player when he’s aggressive with the ball. Chris’s athleticism should allow him to take guys off the dribble but he doesn’t. Fran allowing his players to continue to hunt the 3 is stupidity on his part. Leaving Filip in there the entire 2nd half when he was a no factor all game was also a mistake. Put in Josh or go small. Sick of seeing poor defense year after year. Help defense is bad. Closing out on shooters is bad. Issues all year but came full force today.
With 21 offensive rebounds a team shouldn’t lose
Correct
fran panics yet again and plays Filip, kris, Connor the entire 2h, with no rest, and what happens

7-24 from field
7-12 from FT
2-9 from 3pt

= tired legs

perkins
2-2, but 11 minutes.

while allowing Nebby to shoot 60%

remind you of how Fran ‘coached’ the EIU game. Same thing. Panic, don’t use player rotations to keep players fresh, physically and mentally,

for god sakes how could have playing Ongundele, Dix, been any worse?
walker gets 6 assists in 2h because Rebraca needs double teaming help, shouldve let Ogundele go 1v1 and not give up 20 points in assist to wide open players vs IOWA scramble

or letting Perkins get his usual minutes?

fran fade is correlated to Fran’s demonstrable poor game management skills again.

Senior day,..
So theres the mandate to play seniors the entire game with no rest, with no regard to their performance, and no regard to games outcome, becuse it’s senior day? is that what you are saying?

Murray is the leader of an 11-9 B1G team.

Nothing more nothing less. His softness is exactly the results you should expect if that’s your team’s best player.

It is what it is I guess.
You kinda skipped over the team part in your effort to dump on their best player. Everyone who knows anything about bball realizes you need a talented roster, not just one or two really good guys and outside of Kris and Fil it's a whole lot of inconsistency and players who have huge holes in their games.

Yeah we all wish Kris was more like Keegan but he's still first team all big ten and an NBA draft pick who looks exhausted from carrying this team for 4 months. Without him they'd be shit.

The softness comes from a coach who sat on two schollies instead of getting Kris help because he wanted his sons to get those minutes. Fran is apparently too stupid to grasp how vital defense is and is too incompetent to teach solid defense and rebounding technique. If the team weren't such candy asses on D they'd be just fine. Failures like yesterday are 100pct on Fran. Not one kid who is still averaging 20 pts and 8 rebounds a game despite a shitty supporting cast. JFC

Last edited:
Plenty to be disappointed about but if you follow any team closely there is always losses that shouldn't take place even with the best coaches. I can't stand the rat but Mich St. is a prime example as well as at Indiana. No way they should have lost those games but they did.

So theres the mandate to play seniors the entire game with no rest, with no regard to their performance, and no regard to games outcome, becuse it’s senior day? is that what you are saying?

I'm saying it's Senior Day,.. The seniors have a vested interest, and deserve all the minutes they can handle,.. besides, nobody played the entire game.

Reactions: KcTo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT