ADVERTISEMENT

I honestly don't know why I expect any different.

Plenty to be disappointed about but if you follow any team closely there is always losses that shouldn't take place even with the best coaches. I can't stand the rat but Mich St. is a prime example as well as at Indiana. No way they should have lost those games but they did.

Didn't lose at Indiana,.. not sure what you're trying to say here.

Didn't lose at Indiana,.. not sure what you're trying to say here.
I know we didn’t lose at Indiana…..I’m trying to say that even Indiana and Michigan State lost games they shouldn’t have. Just like iowa has.

Reactions: Rifler
I'm saying it's Senior Day,.. The seniors have a vested interest, and deserve all the minutes they can handle,.. besides, nobody played the entire game.
Of course I stated entire 2nd half, and presented the horrible offensive results of these 3 in the 2nd half, and how they were out played by allowing higher FG% in the 2nd half.

allowing 60% FG% and 66% 3pt FG% in 2nd half, both higher than in 1st half, again call for fresh legs.

just like at EIU, the same 4 guys played the entire 2h, regardless of defensive results,

and why its another huge coaching blunder

Reactions: DewHawk
Of course I stated entire 2nd half, and presented the horrible offensive results of these 3 in the 2nd half, and how they were out played by allowing higher FG% in the 2nd half.

They're the Seniors,.. it's their game, they earned the minutes.

• Sad
Reactions: KcTo
They're the Seniors,.. it's their game, they earned the minutes.
OK, you win, no matter how bad they play, or what the impact of a loss,the seniors get to play the entire 2nd half with out a break, I guess we will respectfully agree to disagree.

This times 1,000,000
Said it a few days ago just when you want to bury them they go and pull the MSU comeback and curb stomp IU, only to have everyone get their hopes up and then subsequently crap it down their legs!
This is Iowa under FM. Just have come to expect it
honestly it's Iowa since Lute left.

Yes,.. Fran's loyalty has always been to the team, and the guys who have put in the time,.. Expectations coming from the fans will always be secondary...
So Iowa basketball belongs to Fran and not us lowly fans? Ok.

I always knew you don't care if Iowa ever wins a game.....at least you now admit it.

I always thought the goal was to win. Guess I was wrong.

So Iowa basketball belongs to Fran and not us lowly fans? Ok. I always knew you don't care if Iowa ever wins a game.....at least you now admit it. I always thought the goal was to win. Guess I was wrong.

About time you got your head straight...

• Wow
Reactions: 83Hawk
Hoieberg has turned over his roster every year with new mercenaries and finally has a deep roster of guys that can play. But without Tominiga they would have fell apart a long time ago. He is a scorer that can score on anyone because (take note here young smaller players) he has a quick release, gets the shot off before slower bigger guys even start their jump. And can shoot from anywhere on court. He got Nebraska off to a hot start and other guys chipped in later. Like Hoiebergs kid, where did that come from?

Hawks played hard and wanted the game. Was dissapointed most in Fran lost sight of game down stretch that Conner was out of gas especially at end with clock an issue your point guard has to have a sense of urgency....Conner acted like he had all the time in the world to run offense.

And....Where was the Tony Perkins we've seen lately? Patrick seemed to decide to play hard maybe wanting game for Conner's Senior night, but that is the effort needed every game...not once in a blue moon.

Also Nebraska gets away with too much holding and grabbing as they switch and scatter around in a frenzy. Why shooters don't take advantage Nebraska defenders with pump fakes when they are leaping in air out to defend 3 point shot is beyond me...fake and draw contact and shoot.

Have the women‘s team teach the men‘s team how to play DEFENSE! Right NOW👈
Women may be a tad better but McMahon yesterday scored at will when she drove to the basket. Game might have been closer if oSU would have quit jacking up 3's and let her drive to the rim.

Senior day,..

Every game is Union Card seniority day or friends and family plan.

That said, no big deal losing. This team disappoints when expectations are high, and excels when they are written off.

He’s not NBA ready. I feel sorry for any GM who takes a flyer on him if he decides to head to the association
Agree. He could definitely use another year at Iowa but I bet he’ll head to the G league.

It blows my mind with how many air balls he’s had this year. It’s crazy actually.

That’s a mental thing imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT