ADVERTISEMENT

I hope they have body cam footage showing some justification, otherwise they are in trouble

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this.

The ENTIRE POINT of a police force is for the citizens to pay people to take on the bad guys.

And the people who want to do that job tend to be people who want to be able to legally fight people.

Reactions: 24 so far
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this.

The ENTIRE POINT of a police force is for the citizens to pay people to take on the bad guys.

And the people who want to do that job tend to be people who want to be able to legally fight people.
Yeah, but these cops seemed to have illegally fought someone, if my eyes do not deceive me.

If there is nothing more to this story, ie...guy had a gun or knife he wouldn't give up, then the focus will be on two of the three cops. It appears the third one didn't deliver any blows and was likely trying to place him in handcuffs.

If there is nothing more to this story, ie...guy had a gun or knife he wouldn't give up, then the focus will be on two of the three cops. It appears the third one didn't deliver any blows and was likely trying to place him in handcuffs.
He didn't.

And even if he did it doesn't justify repeated strikes when the suspect is not resisting.

And good post trying to make it like you have cops' back. We know the truth here, you hate cops and belive they should not be protect whether that's in Arkansas or on the steps of the capitol

I doubt much will happen to the officers. They will say he was resisting beforehand, and they will say they believed he had a gun/knife.
The deputy that killed the kid on Lonoke skipped manslaughter, and got a negligent homicide charge. And, I know HROT talked about the women who was flipped in a pit maneuver while she went to a safe spot with her hazards on per state law. No charges in that one. Just some additional training, and a cash settlement.
Arkansas does not value sunshine being applied to bad cops.
https://www.kark.com/news/working4y...aneuver-lawsuit-which-injured-pregnant-woman/

He didn't.

And even if he did it doesn't justify repeated strikes when the suspect is not resisting.

And good post trying to make it like you have cops' back. We know the truth here, you hate cops and belive they should not be protect whether that's in Arkansas or on the steps of the capitol

^^^
This is a bad post. Be better.

Reactions: ICHerky
I'm sure we're not seeing the entire picture... there was probably something that happened back in the 90's that precipitated this justified act of violence.

I dunno. The key from cop safety perspective is getting the alleged perp cuffed. Looked like he was resisting. Cops have to escalate in that case. Not at all sure this was excessive.
I’ll wait to see the body camera (if one exists), but this appears absolutely excessive and criminal. There was no need for that much force.

while being jackbooted thugs is something they started with people of color, once it gets ingrained as proper policing it won't stay there. I've always said the public at large will happily ignore it until it starts happening to them. Just wait till they beat the devil out of some pretty blond girl. Then you'll finally get a major response to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT