ADVERTISEMENT

I just got my 7th covid vaccine!

Anyone else getting vaxxed this week??
Youre Weird Orson Welles GIF

Evidence?
Yes, for Covid.
Also, yes, for influenza.
Evidence for people that basically healthy?

My doubt is that they do anything significant because existing immunity is going to keep the vast vast majority of infections from causing any dangerous symptoms. (I.E. stuff that would land you in the hospital)

For these people you're basically perhaps just avoiding a cold.

I am 70 years old. The covid vaccine, taken in February of 2021, didn't prevent me from getting it but it did save my life. My wife, 2 years younger , chose not to get vaccinated and died in October of 2021. She was in excellent health, no co-mobidities, not over weight, not a smoker, etc. She thought she could avoid the virus, was in good health and listened to her close friends who didn't think it was necessary as it " really isn't that deadly." We both got it at the same time and she spent 10 days in isolation in our local hospital but slowly got worse. Just before she was put on the ventillator, she apologized to me and shared her regrets for not getting vaccinated. U of Iowa Hospital doctors and nurses did all they could do while she was in their unit for for over 2 weeks. In the end, both her lungs were decimated beyond hope. I will continue to get my boosters when the medical folks tell me to.

I am 70 years old. The covid vaccine, taken in February of 2021, didn't prevent me from getting it but it did save my life. My wife, 2 years younger , chose not to get vaccinated and died in October of 2021. She was in excellent health, no co-mobidities, not over weight, not a smoker, etc. She thought she could avoid the virus, was in good health and listened to her close friends who didn't think it was necessary as it " really isn't that deadly." We both got it at the same time and she spent 10 days in isolation in our local hospital but slowly got worse. Just before she was put on the ventillator, she apologized to me and shared her regrets for not getting vaccinated. U of Iowa Hospital doctors and nurses did all they could do while she was in their unit for for over 2 weeks. In the end, both her lungs were decimated beyond hope. I will continue to get my boosters when the medical folks tell me to.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'll say a rosary for you and your wife.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Got mine at the same time as a flu shot and also a shingles vaccine. Worst part was feeling like I got knuckle punched in both shoulders. Best part was knowing I had done something good for those with lesser immune systems.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I prayed hard that my father in law wouldn't get covid back then because he never got vaccinated. Even after his niece who was also not vaccinated was in the hospital for 10 days and was on oxygen for months. I truly believe it's a miracle that he is still with us.

My condolences to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT