ADVERTISEMENT

I see Iowa Western is playing for another National Championship tomorrow night (Wed 13th)

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
For the third time in three years, Iowa Western Football will get a chance to bring the NJCAA Championship Trophy back to Council Bluffs.

The defending National Champ Reivers (11-1) made short work of 3rd ranked Kilgore College (9-2) at Titan Stadium Sunday, combining all three phases of the game to score 28 1st Quarter points.

From there it was simply a matter of time as Iowa Western cruised to a 47-7 victory over the SWJCFC Champs.

The Reivers will rematch with East Mississippi, their first chance to face the Lions since EMCC topped IW in the 2014 title game. The game is scheduled for Wednesday, December 13th at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas.

"It's going to be a good match-up, they've got guys all over the field," said Strohmeier, "We'll have our hands full, but we've got time to game plan and I expect our guys to go out and play the way they just showed they're capable of playing."

ESPN will broadcast the game on ESPNU, while the Reiver Sports Network will carry the audio of the Reivers' call of the game on 89.7 The River in the Council Bluffs / Omaha Metro & on the station's listen live on the 89.7 the River app. Jake Ryan & Russ Nelsen will be calling their 170th game as the voices of Reiver Football. Josh Odson and Tony Boone will join the broadcast booth as well.

If you're planning on heading to Little Rock for the Championship game, the team hotel is the Four Points by Sheraton. The group rate is $99 with a discounted breakfast at $10 for adults (13+) and $5 for kids (4-12), kids 3 and under are free. Book online or by phone: (501)-664-5020, Select option #1, and once connected with Central Reservations – Reference Mini Hotel Code : "FF2"

For the third time in three years, Iowa Western Football will get a chance to bring the NJCAA Championship Trophy back to Council Bluffs.

The defending National Champ Reivers (11-1) made short work of 3rd ranked Kilgore College (9-2) at Titan Stadium Sunday, combining all three phases of the game to score 28 1st Quarter points.

From there it was simply a matter of time as Iowa Western cruised to a 47-7 victory over the SWJCFC Champs.

The Reivers will rematch with East Mississippi, their first chance to face the Lions since EMCC topped IW in the 2014 title game. The game is scheduled for Wednesday, December 13th at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas.

"It's going to be a good match-up, they've got guys all over the field," said Strohmeier, "We'll have our hands full, but we've got time to game plan and I expect our guys to go out and play the way they just showed they're capable of playing."

ESPN will broadcast the game on ESPNU, while the Reiver Sports Network will carry the audio of the Reivers' call of the game on 89.7 The River in the Council Bluffs / Omaha Metro & on the station's listen live on the 89.7 the River app. Jake Ryan & Russ Nelsen will be calling their 170th game as the voices of Reiver Football. Josh Odson and Tony Boone will join the broadcast booth as well.

If you're planning on heading to Little Rock for the Championship game, the team hotel is the Four Points by Sheraton. The group rate is $99 with a discounted breakfast at $10 for adults (13+) and $5 for kids (4-12), kids 3 and under are free. Book online or by phone: (501)-664-5020, Select option #1, and once connected with Central Reservations – Reference Mini Hotel Code : "FF2"
F*** Iowa Western. They should send all their best players to Iowa Central so they can win the national championship.

I watched a little bit and didn’t see any players that I thought were sure fire D1 impact players. I could be wrong. #50 was all over the field on D but maybe a bit too small. Not sure where he would play on a Big 10 team.

When I read:

Iowa Western is playing for another National Championship tomorrow night (Wed 13th)​

I thought you were referring to Women's volleyball. My mistake.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think they have anyone that is high D1 caliber right now. Could see a few of those kids ending up at a UNI type.

Isn't Western where Tom Osborn used to park all of the academic ineligibles he recruited?

Go there, take underwater basketweaving to get your grades up, then come to Nebraska where we can control your grades and make you one of our record number of academic all-americans to boast on our stadium along with our record sell-outs.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Isn't Western where Tom Osborn used to park all of the academic ineligibles he recruited?

Go there, take underwater basketweaving to get your grades up, then come to Nebraska where we can control your grades and make you one of our record number of academic all-americans to boast on our stadium along with our record sell-outs.
They didn't have a program when Osborn was the coach.

Iowa Western wins back to back National Championships 61 - 14 over East Mississippi.
Wait, so you are saying that a team can excel at all 3 phases of the game? I thought it was you only get 2 of 3 if you are lucky...this goes against what many posters on here have said about high scoring teams and no defense...

Well......ok. They'll win a few more down the road (of course they will.............................................. ;)) we can give ya one I guess. (See? It's not that hard when you ask. Now if only people would understand that when it comes to giving Iowa a national championship.......)

Look at we (I can only look at one person at a time.....) lmao.
:)

Reactions: WestIAHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT