ADVERTISEMENT

I think we have a shot at shocking the college football world.

Sett1997

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2004
Michigan and Ohio State are both very good this year, as usual.
However, both have looked vulnerable at times to lesser teams than Iowa.
Our O is not good, but, they are improving!
Neither have faced a d as good as Iowa yet, our d punches people in the mouth!
With a better than average O output, d gets a little rest, anything can happen.
I think our boys are ready to play this year!
Let's take care of business at Nebraska, which I believe we will, and see what happens.

Very happy that the Hawks get a shot.

The Maryland Michigan game today convinced me that there's a way forward.

Reactions: bIhawk
Let's take care of business at Nebraska, which I believe we will, and see what happens.
Why not?!

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Lol
I’ll be the first to say, I would love to be epically wrong. But, it would literally be a miracle for Iowa to beat the East champ.

I sincerely believe we have a shot of pulling a major upset this year. Perfect storm!
Brian fired, players injured, the O starting to believe.

Ok? I guess I misinterpreted your less than enthusiastic response.
I think this is an Iowa team with a CFP quality defense although losing Cooper was a big hit and dropped it a notch. It had CFP quality special teams before Cooper got hurt. They still have a great punter. The offense is better than its depths from earlier this year but is still very weak. Iowa could very well do something that neither Michigan nor OSU would do, and that's lose to a bad Nebraska team next week. Those are CFP level teams. Iowa is not.

I know the transitive property does not always apply in sports, but the only good team we played this year curb-stomped us, and then turned around and lost to both UM and OSU.

Nevertheless, I'll go into the game as follows....

OIP.WnRs9xqdZG_L1VMvH-lsqwHaEA

Anything is possible in sports, which is why we play the game. We hope for the best, but both Michigan and OSU look practically unstoppable.

Hmmm, you don't sound too positive. Makes me wonder why you're here?
I'm here because I'm a fan. I'm also a realist.

Hahahahahahaha 😂...."yes...you have a chance to win the Big10 title"... enjoy the last year of the"big10 West"... hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahhahaha 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
I think this is an Iowa team with a CFP quality defense although losing Cooper was a big hit and dropped it a notch. It had CFP quality special teams before Cooper got hurt. They still have a great punter. The offense is better than its depths from earlier this year but is still very weak. Iowa could very well do something that neither Michigan nor OSU would do, and that's lose to a bad Nebraska team next week. Those are CFP level teams. Iowa is not.
I get it, Michigan didn't look like a CFP team today at Maryland. They had a bad game, that can happen in Indy too. We are better than Maryland.
We've lost tons of players this year and team keeps finding a way to win.
I'm just saying, it's not over until the game is played and this team has been so resilient that anything is possible.

Hahahahahahaha 😂...."yes...you have a chance to win the Big10 title"... enjoy the last year of the"big10 West"... hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahhahaha 🤣
Mehh, I don't know, last time we played USC in their backyard we embarrassed them. I think their d might be worse than then. They aren't exactly world beaters this year. Lol
What are they giving up, 35 points a game? Lol
Games have to be played grasshopper. Nebraska was all giddy about joining the Big, so was Penn State? How's that working out?

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
I get it, Michigan didn't look like a CFP team today at Maryland. They had a bad game, that can happen in Indy too. We are better than Maryland.
We've lost tons of players this year and team keeps finding a way to win.
I'm just saying, it's not over until the game is played and this team has been so resilient that anything is possible.
I think Michigan was caught looking ahead and maybe the Harbaugh thing is becoming a distraction. I think they win the next 2 weeks and have a good shot at a NC.

I would actually be confident in a puncher's chance at pulling off an upset in the BTCG if CDJ were still playing. I think that kind of win would require some special plays from our most dynamic player (big punt return, pick-6, game-changing-type defensive play, etc.). Not saying that there is no way anyone else on the team could possibly do those things, but taking a player like CDJ off of a team that would require these types of plays to pull of an improbable upset makes it really difficult to envision.

But, I'll be there and rooting like crazy for my Hawks.

I think Michigan was caught looking ahead and maybe the Harbaugh thing is becoming a distraction. I think they win the next 2 weeks and have a good shot at a NC.
They might be caught looking ahead to the playoffs too in the BTC.
Am I expecting a win, no. Do we have a shot this year, I absolutely believe we do.

Are you a UM fan? If so, you're team is 11-0 and on the verge of playing your hated rival, and you are on the Iowa board? Pathetic

They might be caught looking ahead to the playoffs too in the BTC.
Am I expecting a win, no. Do we have a shot this year, I absolutely believe we do.
I think this is where we differ, but that's why they play the games and I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Sett1997
I would actually be confident in a puncher's chance at pulling off an upset in the BTCG if CDJ were still playing. I think that kind of win would require some special plays from our most dynamic player (big punt return, pick-6, game-changing-type defensive play, etc.). Not saying that there is no way anyone else on the team could possibly do those things, but taking a player like CDJ off of a team that would require these types of plays to pull of an improbable upset makes it really difficult to envision.

But, I'll be there and rooting like crazy for my Hawks.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on pre/post CDJ.

Always a puncher’s chance with our defense and special teams. But the offense can’t turn the ball over, we can’t have penalties, can’t be missing kicks like today, and our d or special teams need to contribute at least one touchdown. Basically have to play the perfect game.

It has happened before for Ferentz. But we had better QB play in those games.

I’m glad that we win the west and get to play in the CCG, but I see absolutely no chance. I see the spread coming out at about 28 regardless of which team it is. Either team will have everyone stopping the run and play man on whoever we do send out. They can easily cover our guys as they simply have better athletes. Deacon, as we all know, can’t move and will be pummeled all night. Our line can’t block the crap defenses from the west let alone those elite athletes.

I hope I’m wrong but it will get ugly and often.

EDIT: we saw today the recipe to beat us. Imagine their receivers going across the middle all day and then running free.

Always a puncher’s chance. But:

1) super unlikely
2) it would eliminate the BIG getting two teams in the playoff. the conference already F’d us with the CDJ return that never was…I can’t see the league allowing it.
3) ironic that if Iowa had won the Minn game (and assuming Iowa entered the BIG with only 1 loss), an Iowa win would have almost guaranteed two BIG teams in the CFP.

It would be the most Iowa thing ever to somehow win a year they can’t make the CFP!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT