ADVERTISEMENT

I think we have a shot at shocking the college football world.

This will be my emotions throughout the game as usual.
Wow! Awesome! Go Hawks!
Next minute, you suck Ferentz, fire everyone! Lol.

Scared Baby GIF

If Iowa goes six straight possessions with a punt, it’ll be a complete blowout.

Iowa has a good defense that looks amazing against 90% of the Big 10

But against Michigan or OSU, they will give Iowa a chance….but Iowa offense has to score points. If they do what they’ve done the last 5 years, game will be over in 3rd Q

Michigan and Ohio State are both very good this year, as usual.
However, both have looked vulnerable at times to lesser teams than Iowa.
Our O is not good, but, they are improving!
Neither have faced a d as good as Iowa yet, our d punches people in the mouth!
With a better than average O output, d gets a little rest, anything can happen.
I think our boys are ready to play this year!
Let's take care of business at Nebraska, which I believe we will, and see what happens.
All things are possible. andrew Jackson once observed that no man is more dangerous than the one who has nothing to lose (and I do not have to remind any of you that we have absolutely nothing to lose)

You are that negative after Michigan squeaked by Maryland? Ohio State is not Ohio State this year either.
The game next week is a toss-up.
It’s called being realistic. Super happy for the hawks. Ohio St just beat Minny 37-3 today. We lost to them in case you don’t remember. We’ll be at minimum 16 point underdogs against either team. You can’t punt like we did today 6-7 times in a row against either of those teams. They’re just to good. Both of those teams are elite. We’re a nice story. But yep, we’ll play the game and who knows?

Reactions: Sett1997
Let's take care of business at Nebraska, which I believe we will, and see what happens.
We have a shot. A very long shot, but a shot nonetheless.

I’m glad that we win the west and get to play in the CCG, but I see absolutely no chance. I see the spread coming out at about 28 regardless of which team it is. Either team will have everyone stopping the run and play man on whoever we do send out. They can easily cover our guys as they simply have better athletes. Deacon, as we all know, can’t move and will be pummeled all night. Our line can’t block the crap defenses from the west let alone those elite athletes.

I hope I’m wrong but it will get ugly and often.

EDIT: we saw today the recipe to beat us. Imagine their receivers going across the middle all day and then running free.
Iowa fans are so used to the defense shutting everything down 100% that they think a team getting a few yards is some sort of recipe. The Illini had been scoring a lot of points and rolling up huge yardage. Tonight a total of 13 points and 280 total yards. Passing was 22 of 47 for 215 yards or 4.6 yards per attempt. That's not success. That's freaking terrible.

Last edited:
understood but my point is OSU/UM have better athletes than anything we’ve faced all year in the west. The recipe is known and whoever it is will have better ability to execute

Iowa fans are so uses to the defense shutting everything down 100% that they think a team getting a few yards is some sort of recipe. The Illini had been scoring a lot of points and rolling up huge yardage. Tonight a total of 13 points and 280 total yards. Passing was 22 of 47 for 215 yards or 4.6 yards per attempt. That's not success. That's freaking terrible.

Iowa fans are so uses to the defense shutting everything down 100% that they think a team getting a few yards is some sort of recipe. The Illini had been scoring a lot of points and rolling up huge yardage. Tonight a total of 13 points and 280 total yards. Passing was 22 of 47 for 215 yards or 4.6 yards per attempt. That's not success. That's freaking terrible.

I’m glad that we win the west and get to play in the CCG, but I see absolutely no chance. I see the spread coming out at about 28 regardless of which team it is. Either team will have everyone stopping the run and play man on whoever we do send out. They can easily cover our guys as they simply have better athletes. Deacon, as we all know, can’t move and will be pummeled all night. Our line can’t block the crap defenses from the west let alone those elite athletes.

I hope I’m wrong but it will get ugly and often.

EDIT: we saw today the recipe to beat us. Imagine their receivers going across the middle all day and then running free.
This ….

Absolutely the Hawks have a chance. A timely turnover or two and you never know what could happen.

Playing Michigan would add a revenge element from being cheated against the last time they played in the title game.

Team has definitely pulled together the past few weeks. Part of that has been pulling together for Brian. Last time Iowa basketball made the sweet 16 was with a lame duck Dr. Tom

Absolutely the Hawks have a chance. A timely turnover or two and you never know what could happen.

Playing Michigan would add a revenge element from being cheated against the last time they played in the title game.

Team has definitely pulled together the past few weeks. Part of that has been pulling together for Brian. Last time Iowa basketball made the sweet 16 was with a lame duck Dr. Tom
We got cheated against Michigan in the Big Ten championship game?

Reactions: BettDogs7
I hope I am wrong but the talk is as if there isn’t a game next week. 9-3 headed to Indy, hoping for a woodshed moment.

I actually love your optimism. It’s not even worth watching if you go into the game with a “we’re gonna lose” attitude. Go Hawks!

Watched any news lately? Michigan has been stealing signals.

An Iowa coach got a call from a coach in the big ten at 3:30 in the afternoon of that championship game and was notified that Michigan had all their signals. At that point, it's too late to change your signals. The players won't remember them if they haven't been practiced.

Yeah, I would say that's being cheated against. The big ten agrees. And when it's all said and done, that win could very well be vacated by the ncaa.

As for last year vs Michigan, Iowa was aware at that point to code their signals vs the Wolverines

It’s called being realistic. Super happy for the hawks. Ohio St just beat Minny 37-3 today. We lost to them in case you don’t remember. We’ll be at minimum 16 point underdogs against either team. You can’t punt like we did today 6-7 times in a row against either of those teams. They’re just to good. Both of those teams are elite. We’re a nice story. But yep, we’ll play the game and who knows?
13-0 at half and then Minny turned it over three straight times to open the flood gates. Obviously Iowa can't have that type of game ans stay in it.....

I think this is an Iowa team with a CFP quality defense although losing Cooper was a big hit and dropped it a notch. It had CFP quality special teams before Cooper got hurt. They still have a great punter. The offense is better than its depths from earlier this year but is still very weak. Iowa could very well do something that neither Michigan nor OSU would do, and that's lose to a bad Nebraska team next week. Those are CFP level teams. Iowa is not.
Iowa will beat Nebraska by 2 to 7 points next week. If you have followed along this year there is almost zero chance of any other outcome.

Reactions: Dude McHawks
Sorry, zero chance of shocking the world.

Don’t delude yourself. Michigan is going to club Iowa like Canadian hunters do to baby seals.

Iowa will beat Nebraska by 2 to 7 points next week. If you have followed along this year there is almost zero chance of any other outcome.
Much more likely Iowa loses to Nebraska than wins the BigTen Championship game.

Some of you guys seem to ignore just how bad the West is this year; reality is coming and it's not going to be pretty.

Yall are hilarious. I don’t want to be a pessimist but we just don’t have the horses to even sniff an upset. Especially with Coop out now. Just enjoy knowing we won the West and then enjoy going to the Citrus Bowl. Hopefully next year all of our star players won’t be injured all year.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Much more likely Iowa loses to Nebraska than wins the BigTen Championship game.

Some of you guys seem to ignore just how bad the West is this year; reality is coming and it's not going to be pretty.
Probably true but for all the fans who are worried about or expecting a blowout? BFD. Would you rather be Ne, Wisc. NW, Minn., Ill, Purdue, MD, Ind, Rutgers, MSU, hell, even PED St.? All sitting at home watching the Hawks in Indy. Go enjoy the game experience and let the game play out. You do not have a chance to win if you are sitting at home.

Far more embarrassing to lose to these West teams and the crap East teams than to get blown out in the title game. Chill and enjoy.

Watched any news lately? Michigan has been stealing signals.

An Iowa coach got a call from a coach in the big ten at 3:30 in the afternoon of that championship game and was notified that Michigan had all their signals. At that point, it's too late to change your signals. The players won't remember them if they haven't been practiced.

Yeah, I would say that's being cheated against. The big ten agrees. And when it's all said and done, that win could very well be vacated by the ncaa.

As for last year vs Michigan, Iowa was aware at that point to code their signals vs the Wolverines
Wow, you just keep coming up with some amazing thoughts.

Reactions: littlez
We already have shocked the world. How can a team with a shit show offense be 9-2? Answer, we are in the West. If we had a valid schedule, we might need another win to be bowl eligible. We will get drilled..... Again

Reactions: ddeanHawk
And the following year when we got blown out by them again. The thing is, both of those years Michigan probably didn't need to do that to beat Iowa. Or, you are seeing just how much of a boost knowing the exact plays can have.

Look no further than Deacon Hill’s play yesterday. A few flashes of competence in the first half, but overall he continues to be slow, unaware, and horribly inaccurate; against a defense with better athletes it will be much worse. It will be the same old script of three & outs/turnovers until the defense finally wears down.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT