ADVERTISEMENT

I watched RU vs. IN and I came to the conclusion that . . . .

LIV4GOD

HR MVP
Nov 23, 2020
. . . it would be so refreshing, and so much more opportunistic, for our offense if we simply had a mobile QB!

That game was closer than the score indicated. Rutgers blocked a punt for a TD, and Indiana bobbled a punt allowing them a FG.

But Rutgers QB sealed the game with a long TD run. And Indiana's QB had several runs making first downs.

Oh, for the days of a Brad Banks, or Drew Tate, or a CJ Beathard, not for their arms, but for the fact they could scramble and gain a few yards, and God forbid, a TD.

Honestly, have you ever seen as limited of mobility at QBs as Petras and Hill? It's staggering how bad they are at this. And even though McNamara was hobbled, I at least saw him scramble for a first down.

Bring on Labas!

. . . it would be so refreshing, and so much more opportunistic, for our offense if we simply had a mobile QB!

That game was closer than the score indicated. Rutgers blocked a punt for a TD, and Indiana bobbled a punt allowing them a FG.

But Rutgers QB sealed the game with a long TD run. And Indiana's QB had several runs making first downs.

Oh, for the days of a Brad Banks, or Drew Tate, or a CJ Beathard, not for their arms, but for the fact they could scramble and gain a few yards, and God forbid, a TD.

Honestly, have you ever seen as limited of mobility at QBs as Petras and Hill? It's staggering how bad they are at this. And even though McNamara was hobbled, I at least saw him scramble for a first down.

Bring on Labas!
Watched KState this weekend. They had two guys who they alternated who could both run and throw, breaking EVERY rule in the Ferentz manual of QB coaching.

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks

Bring on Labas!
I’ve heard we just extended an offer to the Statue of Liberty for an open qb scholly. 3 star pro style.

I've been saying that for years, I'd rather have a mobile QB with a weaker arm than a fat slow QB who couldn't escape a 12 year old rushing him.
Somewhat agree. For Iowa, I would pick the mobile QB. It all depends on the offensive line.

Reactions: Buffhawk
Having a mobile QB is basic level stuff in college football.

Like milk on a grocery list or putting “ability to breathe” on a job posting.

Reactions: jhawk23

Bring on Labas!
Is Lainez mobile?

Bring on Labas!
Last year, Brian said that would lead to undisciplined backyard football.

I love Kirk but think Brian is in way over his head.

Reactions: hawki4ever
Being a mobile QB seems to be off the table for Iowa. It may do something, unthinkable, like extend plays!
Yep, Beathard was a wet dream we all got to enjoy for two years because he was so good at extending plays and was mobile enough to be a threat. If that was the typical QB we always get here, we'd probably not be in this position, or quite as bad.

Reactions: Buffhawk
I like our guys.

otl_lorenzen02_1600x2132.jpg

Backyard football. Kirk hates it more than 3rd down. If we have a mobile QB again under KF it will simply be by total accident.

Labas looked mobile in the bowl game last year. I think they even ran a read option play with him.

99.9% of college football has come to that conclusion
And 99% of those people in college football, couldn't win 10 games in a season if their life depended on it. Watching Purdey today made me cringe... with each scramble, QB draw play, option, throw away...man, talk about risking your QB. Voluntarily, exposing him to that much risk, No wonder he loses the ball so often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT