ADVERTISEMENT

IC/CR divorce lawyer recommendations

bdg8

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
2 blocks from South Shit
Any actual advice would be appreciated. It’s not a fun process, but it seems the ex is becoming more hostile and my family lawyer is not specifically divorce. Don’t care cost. Just want an aggressive lawyer to fight for me.

Appreciate any legit help. We were no longer a good fit and I was hoping things would remain civil .

i feel very fortunate that we really only needed a lawyer to just get everything through the divorce through the court to be official.

We didnt really argue about any possessions, or custody. Prolly get along better after the divorce than we did the last handful of years we were married.

Good luck

Are you still the beneficiary on her life insurance?
no-nope.gif

Not a lot of help since I’m not in CR but always had solid professional interactions with attorneys from the Simmons Perrine firm

Reactions: bdg8
Any actual advice would be appreciated. It’s not a fun process, but it seems the ex is becoming more hostile and my family lawyer is not specifically divorce. Don’t care cost. Just want an aggressive lawyer to fight for me.

Appreciate any legit help. We were no longer a good fit and I was hoping things would remain civil .
My brother is a divorce attorney in Johnson County.

You don't want an aggressive lawyer. You want one that has a solid reputation as being reasonable. When you go meet the attorney they should be interviewing you as much as you interview them. If they need your business go find a different attorney

Reactions: goldmom and GOHOX69
Do not leave the house until an initial hearing. Sleep on the couch or the floor if you have to.

Actually, don't leave the house at all. Women always try to pull that stunt. Judge won't give the house to one parent at a temporary hearing. Plus, they you are still under one family housing unit's expenses and not two, keeping the need for child support lower, and eliminates alimony.

Don't let her goat you into an esculated. Remember, Iowa is a one party consent recording state. Keep a journal (don't keep it at home or your car) of what parenting you are doing every day vs. her. Don't give up. I've won plenty of custody cases for fathers that didn't think they had a chance. If they listened to what I told them to do, I promised them things would go better for them. Usually, one parent goes off the deepend, starts hanging out the bars, has a significant other that you are not aware of. Let her do that. It destroys her case. Sometime when she is not home; video record all the possessions of worth in the house, in case they start going missing. Basicallly, your life has to completely resolve around the children until this matter is resolved. No social life.

Actually, don't leave the house at all. Women always try to pull that stunt. Judge won't give the house to one parent at a temporary hearing. Plus, they you are still under one family housing unit's expenses and not two, keeping the need for child support lower, and eliminates alimony.

Don't let her goat you into an esculated. Remember, Iowa is a one party consent recording state. Keep a journal (don't keep it at home or your car) of what parenting you are doing every day vs. her. Don't give up. I've won plenty of custody cases for fathers that didn't think they had a chance. If they listened to what I told them to do, I promised them things would go better for them. Usually, one parent goes off the deepend, starts hanging out the bars, has a significant other that you are not aware of. Let her do that. It destroys her case. Sometime when she is not home; video record all the possessions of worth in the house, in case they start going missing. Basicallly, your life has to completely resolve around the children until this matter is resolved. No social life.
I am so glad I have never gotten married or had kids.

Not speaking to the OP's situation. I wish him well in these stressful times.

But some of you people need to make better decisions.

Just look at HROT. Constant objectifying of women on a daily basis.

One day I hope you all learn that beauty on the inside is as important as beauty on the outside.
Holy shit. You realize this is not reality right? It's called time pass.

I have no personal knowledge but I have had several friends and an BIL over the years that wished they had hired a female lawyer. The female lawyers their wives hired absolutely destroyed their lawyers.

Ruh roh.
Can you share some deets?

I could have used you, where are you located?

One day I hope you all learn that beauty on the inside is as important as beauty on the outside.
Too bad you learned that after your divorce.

There are times I truly believe you are the human turd in this here message board punch bowl.

I have no personal knowledge but I have had several friends and an BIL over the years that wished they had hired a female lawyer. The female lawyers their wives hired absolutely destroyed their lawyers.
My daughter’s attorney was a gay guy who was awesome. Her ex showed up with a woman lawyer who was obese and dressed off the JCPenney sales rack.
My daughter’s lawyer had that way about him that managed to make the woman feel like a giant shlump. Daughter got everything she wanted. 😎

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777

Is she your ex or your wife?

Is she your ex or your wife?
Well I sure as hell don’t refer to her as my wife. I wanted to be civil. Buy her out of some equity in current house to put down payment on one near by. But my lawyer wouldn’t allow me to sign contract as there was no protection that court wouldn’t rule as gift. She lost her shit

So I am wanting a ****ing bulldog as my lawyer going forward, since she doesn’t want to play nice. So freaking childish. It’s really sad when I am the adult in the situation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT