ADVERTISEMENT

IC/CR divorce lawyer recommendations

No. I would just take away Medicare.
Same thing. You want to take away my health insurance so any significant health issue would kill me. Plus, you have advocated for killing off old people in the past. I suspect you will change your tune once you hit 65.

I pay almost twice as much more per month for Medicare and a supplement for just me, than I did for health insurance purchased thru the exchange for BOTH my wife and me. My wife is still covered under the exchange as she is 64....her premium nearly tripled.

Before I went on Medicare, our monthly premium for health insurance was $177. Now, we pay almost $800. Seems to me you would want me to continue paying MORE into the system.

You almost sound non-judgmental at all. Wtf?
I was then and remain today 100% supportive of my daughter when it came to her ex.
It’s war and you take no prisoners.
There were (thankfully) no children who are typically the real casualties. So yeah I was judgmental. And I think most people are in win/lose situations.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Sorry for the issue.
With that said i feel a little guilty getting amusement from the fact that some of the leftist loons on here seem to be experts on the subject.
When i think of the leading causes of divorce it does make sense.

Uh…plenty on your side as I’m seeing pretty much everybody represented here. But you do you broseph and think whatever makes you feel special.

Last edited:
Same thing. You want to take away my health insurance so any significant health issue would kill me. Plus, you have advocated for killing off old people in the past. I suspect you will change your tune once you hit 65.

I pay almost twice as much more per month for Medicare and a supplement for just me, than I did for health insurance purchased thru the exchange for BOTH my wife and me. My wife is still covered under the exchange as she is 64....her premium nearly tripled.

Before I went on Medicare, our monthly premium for health insurance was $177. Now, we pay almost $800. Seems to me you would want me to continue paying MORE into the system.

I'm 57. I should already be dead. It's a waste to use tax money on me

Women of HROT, I am not by any means implying that all women act like my foresaid statements. I have seen asshole husbands and wifes in family law. I've just seen too many women that feel entitled and some good men that men that just wave the white flag. I assessed everything on the facts case by case. Hence, I mentioned earlier that sometimes you have to tell your clients things they don't want to hear.

When either sex came into my office and said "I want you to punish them", I told them I'm not your guy.
Understood. 😉 My daughter (no pics) is now on decent terms with her ex but he had been cheating on her. And was becoming abusive.
A few months after they separated he was arrested and jailed for a second DUI and his (meddling and small minded) parents blamed her! Things were very ugly and bitter during the process. My role was to be a sympathetic ear and to help financially. I kept out of the rest.
I called around to some attorney friends, some of whom had been divorced themselves and one firm kept coming up. They all said something along the lines of get the best now cause it’s a one and done. Not a moment of regret about who she hired and she’s recommended them to others (male and female).
I’m sad for her sake she’s not going to have children, but if she did her ex MIL would have been an ongoing meddlesome nightmare. She’s one of those women whose kid could shoot someone in front of a crowd and she would say something or someone forced her kid to pull the trigger.
Life moves on and my daughter is much happier now.

I was then and remain today 100% supportive of my daughter when it came to her ex.
It’s war and you take no prisoners.
There were (thankfully) no children who are typically the real casualties. So yeah I was judgmental. And I think most people are in win/lose situations.

How did it all end up?

Did your daughter get alimony?

Any actual advice would be appreciated. It’s not a fun process, but it seems the ex is becoming more hostile and my family lawyer is not specifically divorce. Don’t care cost. Just want an aggressive lawyer to fight for me.

Appreciate any legit help. We were no longer a good fit and I was hoping things would remain civil .
If you haven't done so already change all your passwords, if you share a cell phone account get your own account as he can currently get access to all your calls etc. Delete or scrub your social media accounts as any competent attorney will have staff review what you have posted on social media.

Sorry for the issue.
With that said i feel a little guilty getting amusement from the fact that some of the leftist loons on here seem to be experts on the subject.
When i think of the leading causes of divorce it does make sense.
Says the guy who worships a dude who cheated on all of his wives and is a serial sexual assaulter. You have no moral high ground.

It's not official until Joe's Place gives his expert advice. Hopefully he'll have some links and charts.

It doesn't surprise me that many of them have been divorced, especially if they act in real life the way they do on this board.
I was a Republican when I got divorced.

Those of you saying "its a war" are why I am getting out of the business. B/c that is a stupid way to go about it. Just be more smart than your soon to be ex-spouse. Iowa is a no fault state, so outside of the children how can you punish someone? The property settlement will be decided in equity. Jeesh, be better.

Anyone use anyone with the names Moreland or Ballard ( different firms)

These are names my family lawyer recommended. For right or wrong I kind of thought I wanted female attorney. But that just be from an bias with having kids involved

This, she is going to want to pick fights with, get you angry, claim domestic violence so you get kicked out of the house and she gets emergency custody. If it were me, I'd record her antics, especially if she is doing it in front of the kids.

She'll lie about it and temp hearing, make herself sound perfect. Your attorney than use the recordings to rebut her and show if she is willing to lie about that, she'll lie about anything.

I did that and it was a life saver. My attorney told me the obvious, that if my ex picked a fight with me and called the cops I would be removed from the house. My ex was verbally abusing our children and I asked her to stop, and she replied "Next time you threaten me will be the last." As I had never threatened her ever, I figured she was about to make a false allegation so I started recording everything any time we were both in the house. She knew it and would demand that I turn it off when she would want to "speak" to me. I'd just tell her to not say anything she wouldn't want recorded. It kept things civil and me in my home. I even slept with a recorder going at all times in case she decided to attack me in my sleep and then claim self defense or something. Those were some dark days.

I did that and it was a life saver. My attorney told me the obvious, that if my ex picked a fight with me and called the cops I would be removed from the house. My ex was verbally abusing our children and I asked her to stop, and she replied "Next time you threaten me will be the last." As I had never threatened her ever, I figured she was about to make a false allegation so I started recording everything any time we were both in the house. She knew it and would demand that I turn it off when she would want to "speak" to me. I'd just tell her to not say anything she wouldn't want recorded. It kept things civil and me in my home. I even slept with a recorder going at all times in case she decided to attack me in my sleep and then claim self defense or something. Those were some dark days.

Well, you were very smart. My 1st wife took a couple swings at me and gave me a black eye. I still didn't respond or call the cops. Cops are too willing to believe the woman over the man in those situations. I thought about calling, then I remembered Marky Mark punching/bruising himself and the other person was charged.

I am so glad I have never gotten married or had kids.
Same bro, same.
tumblr_ob1r6mdTdw1rcqnnxo1_500.gif

Well, you were very smart. My 1st wife took a couple swings at me and gave me a black eye. I still didn't respond or call the cops. Cops are too willing to believe the woman over the man in those situations. I thought about calling, then I remembered Marky Mark punching/bruising himself and the other person was charged.

My ex hit me plenty of times. I never hit her back, ever. Also, never crossed my mind to call the cops as she didn't cause any damage, and even if she had they weren't going to believe the guy. When our kids were small she seemed to prefer to take swings at me only when I was holding a baby or a toddler. One time I got lucky and caught her by the wrist when she swung at me while I had our toddler in my arms. That is all I did is stop her punch by catching her by the wrist, then I immediately let go of her. Not long after during an annual physical my doctor asked if I ever get rough with my wife during arguments. I deduced from that there must suddenly have been something in my medical record suggesting that I had. I assumed that she told her doctor that I had and it made it to my doctor and medical record.

Women of HROT, I am not by any means implying that all women act like my foresaid statements. I have seen asshole husbands and wifes in family law. I've just seen too many women that feel entitled and some good men that men that just wave the white flag. I assessed everything on the facts case by case. Hence, I mentioned earlier that sometimes you have to tell your clients things they don't want to hear.

When either sex came into my office and said "I want you to punish them", I told them I'm not your guy.
For sure there are assholes on both sides. I imagine you heard a lot of people say that they wanted to see their estranged spouse punished/suffer/etc.

My ex hit me plenty of times. I never hit her back, ever. Also, never crossed my mind to call the cops as she didn't cause any damage, and even if she had they weren't going to believe the guy. When our kids were small she seemed to prefer to take swings at me only when I was holding a baby or a toddler. One time I got lucky and caught her by the wrist when she swung at me while I had our toddler in my arms. That is all I did is stop her punch by catching her by the wrist, then I immediately let go of her. Not long after during an annual physical my doctor asked if I ever get rough with my wife during arguments. I deduced from that there must suddenly have been something in my medical record suggesting that I had. I assumed that she told her doctor that I had and it made it to my doctor and medical record.

Holy crap. You were married to a psycho bitch. Bet life is way better not having to deal with this nonsense.

Holy crap. You were married to a psycho bitch. Bet life is way better not having to deal with this nonsense.

Yes I was and yes it is. I actually feel bad for her. Her mental health problems got way worse a few years after our divorce. Those I feel are the root of her problems and life has been hard for her. She has my sympathy, and she's a better human today than a decade ago, but I am very happy to not have them be my problems directly anymore.

Bad attitude.

But.....once you hit 65 I expect you to not enroll in Medicare Part B, to not buy a supplement or health insurance of any kind, nor to ever see a doctor or seek medical care for anything.

You won't though, because you are all talk.

I would advocate it across the board and accept it. Solve the debt for everyone.

It's not about me,.but you wouldn't understand that.

In marriage terms..is it better to be "married and miserable" or "single and poor"?

Cause that view might have kept me married for 50 years.
I read somewhere that the largest increase in divorce in a single group was the “Silver Split”.
You get married young, you have kids,
Your career(s) are busy and you’re raising the family and that’s your existence.
They grow up and move out. You and a stranger are living together. Neither of you are the person who married that other person. The sex is not what it was.
Honest discussions about what happens next have to be open.

I'm sorry I don't.

This firm specializes in it, and it is 3 attorney firm that is highly rated. But I have no experience with them to verify

I don't practice family law, but Bray & Klockau where I send anyone with family law questions. Very good firm.

Boy, here this was a nice little thread about divorce and some of you had to make it a pity party about being owned by the Libs.
No wonder so many of you are divorced.

• Haha
I read somewhere that the largest increase in divorce in a single group was the “Silver Split”.
You get married young, you have kids,
Your career(s) are busy and you’re raising the family and that’s your existence.
They grow up and move out. You and a stranger are living together. Neither of you are the person who married that other person. The sex is not what it was.
Honest discussions about what happens next have to be open.
The second and third lines are my wife and myself. Our kids are 17, 15, and 13, so our life will be radically different five and a half years from now. We have been conscientiously having discussions about life after the kids are gone to avoid the fourth. I think we're going to be good, but it's easy to see how relationships can become frayed beyond repair, especially if people in those relationships aren't being vigilant in maintaining them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT