ADVERTISEMENT

IC/CR divorce lawyer recommendations

Congrats on the divorce!
shut-up-randy-marsh.png

Well I sure as hell don’t refer to her as my wife. I wanted to be civil. Buy her out of some equity in current house to put down payment on one near by. But my lawyer wouldn’t allow me to sign contract as there was no protection that court wouldn’t rule as gift. She lost her shit

So I am wanting a ****ing bulldog as my lawyer going forward, since she doesn’t want to play nice. So freaking childish. It’s really sad when I am the adult in the situation

If it is in a signed stipulation and agreement by both counsel and parties, there is no way in hell would she be able to claim that as a "gift". It is part of the property settlement. Divorce courts are courts in equity.

Not speaking to the OP's situation. I wish him well in these stressful times.

But some of you people need to make better decisions.

Just look at HROT. Constant objectifying of women on a daily basis.

One day I hope you all learn that beauty on the inside is as important as beauty on the outside.
Fart noise.

Reactions: BrianNole777
My daughter’s attorney was a gay guy who was awesome. Her ex showed up with a woman lawyer who was obese and dressed off the JCPenney sales rack.
My daughter’s lawyer had that way about him that managed to make the woman feel like a giant shlump. Daughter got everything she wanted. 😎
You almost sound non-judgmental at all. Wtf?

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
I’d give my left nut for it to be over. Id cut the ****ing thing out with a box cutter and put in jar. Hell I would live stream it

Don't argue with her. Or anyone. About anything. Trust me.

Let your woman lawyer do the arguing for you.

Don't argue with her. Or anyone. About anything. Trust me.

Let your woman lawyer do the arguing for you.

This, she is going to want to pick fights with, get you angry, claim domestic violence so you get kicked out of the house and she gets emergency custody. If it were me, I'd record her antics, especially if she is doing it in front of the kids.

She'll lie about it and temp hearing, make herself sound perfect. Your attorney than use the recordings to rebut her and show if she is willing to lie about that, she'll lie about anything.

This, she is going to want to pick fights with, get you angry, claim domestic violence so you get kicked out of the house and she gets emergency custody. If it were me, I'd record her antics, especially if she is doing it in front of the kids.

She'll lie about it and temp hearing, make herself sound perfect. Your attorney than use the recordings to rebut her and show if she is willing to lie about that, she'll lie about anything.
That’s the nice thing about having had multiple back surgeries and a tore up shoulder. Not possible.

If it is in a signed stipulation and agreement by both counsel and parties, there is no way in hell would she be able to claim that as a "gift". It is part of the property settlement. Divorce courts are courts in equity.
She wanted it paid before divorce is finalized so she could close on home. Does that change anything?

So any names of lawyers in area that people have used or know people that have?

I'm sorry I don't.

This firm specializes in it, and it is 3 attorney firm that is highly rated. But I have no experience with them to verify

Any actual advice would be appreciated. It’s not a fun process, but it seems the ex is becoming more hostile and my family lawyer is not specifically divorce. Don’t care cost. Just want an aggressive lawyer to fight for me.

Appreciate any legit help. We were no longer a good fit and I was hoping things would remain civil .
I have no idea about lawyers but I'm really sorry you are going through this. I truly hope it gets better.

Women of HROT, I am not by any means implying that all women act like my foresaid statements. I have seen asshole husbands and wifes in family law. I've just seen too many women that feel entitled and some good men that men that just wave the white flag. I assessed everything on the facts case by case. Hence, I mentioned earlier that sometimes you have to tell your clients things they don't want to hear.

When either sex came into my office and said "I want you to punish them", I told them I'm not your guy.

Any actual advice would be appreciated. It’s not a fun process, but it seems the ex is becoming more hostile and my family lawyer is not specifically divorce. Don’t care cost. Just want an aggressive lawyer to fight for me.

Appreciate any legit help. We were no longer a good fit and I was hoping things would remain civil .

Allison Werner Smith was my ex's lawyer. She was good, but my ex tried reaching too far. She was pricey because I know what she charged my ex but she was good.

M Victoria Cole is someone I switched to for a decree modification. I liked her, but Allison is more cutthroat

Women of HROT, I am not by any means implying that all women act like my foresaid statements. I have seen asshole husbands and wifes in family law. I've just seen too many women that feel entitled and some good men that men that just wave the white flag. I assessed everything on the facts case by case. Hence, I mentioned earlier that sometimes you have to tell your clients things they don't want to hear.

When either sex came into my office and said "I want you to punish them", I told them I'm not your guy.

When you are going through a divorce...you want to punish them...it's all very emotional

For men, focus on the long game....

Sorry for the issue.
With that said i feel a little guilty getting amusement from the fact that some of the leftist loons on here seem to be experts on the subject.
When i think of the leading causes of divorce it does make sense.

Karen Volz

Not speaking to the OP's situation. I wish him well in these stressful times.

But some of you people need to make better decisions.

Just look at HROT. Constant objectifying of women on a daily basis.

One day I hope you all learn that beauty on the inside is as important as beauty on the outside.
I agree! Marriages based on physical attraction alone don't last like those based on compatibility. Your spouse should always be your best friend.

Also....my wife and I always worked thru our problems. Been married 46 years now, and counting.

I agree! Marriages based on physical attraction alone don't last like those based on compatibility. Your spouse should always be your best friend.

Also....my wife and I always worked thru our problems. Been married 46 years now, and counting.

Are you like 90?

Best advice my dad ever gave me was when I divorced my first wife. He said “Get her by the throat and shake her till she stops moving”, he meant that from a legal standpoint not literally.
Women are vicious in a divorce. and you need to be also.

Interview all of them.

Sorry for the issue.
With that said i feel a little guilty getting amusement from the fact that some of the leftist loons on here seem to be experts on the subject.
When i think of the leading causes of divorce it does make sense.
It's not official until Joe's Place gives his expert advice. Hopefully he'll have some links and charts.

It doesn't surprise me that many of them have been divorced, especially if they act in real life the way they do on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT