ADVERTISEMENT

If Mitt Romney declared as an independent. Would you vote for him?

I would vote for:

• Romney over my first choice of Trump

• Romney over my first choice of Biden

• Biden

• Trump

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
He drove 12 hours with his dog in a kennel........on top of his car.
vacation38xq5.5782.jpg

Wrote in Romney in 2020. Am currently planning to write in Haley in 2024. Would vote Romney over Haley. Picked other, because my current choice is neither Biden nor Trump.

I don’t remember people “losing it” over the dog or the binders of women. We just chuckled because it was damn funny.
FWIW...I recall being involved in a classic HROT "back and forth" thread on this very topic back at that time. I recall it because later, after the election someone said something to the effect that "no one took this issue as a serious one...", or something close to that.

I then commented that I had seen an actual bumper sticker on a car here in town that called Romney out for this, etc. It was a thing and I think there was enough "smoke" to fairly describe it as some people "losing it". Again, FWIW.

I agree with whoever said above though that it would be good to have such a controversy be a big deal as opposed to where we have gotten to now. Harrumph.

FWIW...I recall being involved in a classic HROT "back and forth" thread on this very topic back at that time. I recall it because later, after the election someone said something to the effect that "no one took this issue as a serious one...", or something close to that.

I then commented that I had seen an actual bumper sticker on a car here in town that called Romney out for this, etc. It was a thing and I think there was enough "smoke" to fairly describe it as some people "losing it". Again, FWIW.

I agree with whoever said above though that it would be good to have such a controversy be a big deal as opposed to where we have gotten to now. Harrumph.

And my memory is that everyone was just joking about it. So it’s one memory against another. But I would bet money that 90% of the comments were just laughing, not expressing genuine anger.

Exactly. Romney would be "running" as an independent, but he is Conservative through and through. He wouldn't present that stopper on much of the extreme R agenda. He would keep T out of the White House, which would be great, but really wouldn't be a counter to the crazy MAGA types as he aligns with them in many ways.

Voted for him the first go around as an R, but his "companies are people too" position has always irked me.

I get that but Romney would be my first choice overall. I will never agree with every candidate's position and that would be an example of one right there.

I voted for Romney over Obama even though Democrats told us Mitt was racist and was going to kill grandma by ending social security.

If Mitt had won that election the country would be in a much better place because of the way Obama decided to transform and divide the country along racial and economic lines.

• Haha
Reactions: JWolf74
Why wasn't this a simple 'yes' or 'no' poll.

Write in: Romney over my no choice of Trump or Biden

*Caveat--Romney's too old, now too, though, but given the other two choices....

Most of the polls I see leave out RFK and other 3rd party contenders.

When those are included, they draw slightly more from Biden than Trump.

Also worth noting that Trump's winning margin is currently outside the margin of error.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT