ADVERTISEMENT

Ignore List

If you notice, Tom Paris is the first guy to laugh at your post. People like him don't want normal conversation. I think they truly hate people and want people to suffer. They are American terrorists.
You’re too dumb to even try to engage how this went over your head.

I don’t know why you’d argue at all. State your viewpoint and move on. I can’t imagine spending the energy going back and forth for hours when in the end, it changes nothing.
This is spot on. It’s frustrating to try to communicate with individuals with 180 degree different views and who are not open to new ideas/changing their minds on a particular subject(s). Oh well, that’s probably human nature. I should heed the advice that my parents (and others have always said) don’t talk religion or politics with others.

No it’s simple biochemistry. Hitting the endorphins. All news organizations want engagement. There isn’t a successful moderate organization because catering to a left or right news silo. Is the most profitable.
There are a lot of moderates on the small scale. The msm are part of the corruption. They are following a very specific narrative that is passed from the top down (all the way up to the globalist elite). There was an entire published playbook during covid of what the media message was and how to respond. This was very coordinated. The people who would not go along with the playbook were fired or cancelled. Like I have said in lots of posts, this is part of the globalist agenda (Biden, clinton, obama). There is lots of documentation to back this up. But CNN is not going to come out and tell you that they are following this agenda, people have to go out of their way to find this stuff. Its easy to find it though if you look.

No it’s simple biochemistry. Hitting the endorphins. All news organizations want engagement. There isn’t a successful moderate organization because catering to a left or right news silo. Is the most profitable.
Let me guess - you're a liberal

There are a lot of moderates on the small scale. The msm are part of the corruption. They are following a very specific narrative that is passed from the top down (all the way up to the globalist elite). There was an entire published playbook during covid of what the media message was and how to respond. This was very coordinated. The people who would not go along with the playbook were fired or cancelled. Like I have said in lots of posts, this is part of the globalist agenda (Biden, clinton, obama). There is lots of documentation to back this up. But CNN is not going to come out and tell you that they are following this agenda, people have to go out of their way to find this stuff. Its easy to find it though if you look.
season 6 episode 10 GIF

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
The bottom line is this: If you support political violence then you are anti-American. It's that simple.

I don't support political violence and have never actually advocated for it but I also feel absolutely no responsibility to make that clear after a failed assassination attempt I had nothing to do with and I'm not going to offer up my Ts and Ps for a guy I hate as much as Trump. That impulse to say the right patriotic thing is well meaning but I think it's part of how we end up in debacles like Iraq and Afghanistan where we are able to convince ourselves we're doing the right thing when a more sober less patriotic assessment of reality might lead to better outcomes.

Trump has made one crude joke after another about Paul Pelosi, Gretchen Whitmer, and a hogtied Joe Biden. I only wish we could all put him on the ignore list, too.

But this entire evening is stooping to the level of the MAGAs. I can't believe I'd ever be in the position of feeling bad for Donald Trump but here I am...

Sure you do 😂
Well I vote in Milwaukee County. So often have to vote for the least nutty Dem. I’ve never voted for a Clinton or Trump. Plan to keep it that way.
Politics have become tribal. Republicans and Democrats have done a good job of making everything binary.

I was raised as a Catholic and while I've rejected much of the superstitions of Christianity, a lot of the morals have stuck with me (you can probably argue in selective ways but what could be more Christianlike than that). As a result of the values instilled in me attending a Catholic school in an America still living an understanding born out of the recently ended Cold War, I don't value the life of a POTUS more than that of thousands or tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands many of them have ordered dead.

What I see are people who make "Ted Kennedy finally quit drinking" jokes or "congratulations to George Floyd on 4 years sober" clutching their pearls about an unsuccessful assassination attempt because people who don't like Trump aren't being respectful enough. Boohoo and yawn.

If Trump had died, I'd have shut up and locked the doors and waited for the rioting to slow down and not taunted Trump's snowflake fans. But he barely appears to have even been injured (in the video I watched before I made any comments, he was hit, realized he was hit and then smartly took cover and was clearly quickly removed from danger after his SS detail covered him).

Also, this is a bad look for the Secret Service, right? Maybe have the House Republicans drag them in front of Congress instead of revisiting the House Committee on UnAmerican Posting.

Had Trump died……this country would be in absolute turmoil right now.

Probably for a little bit. There would be some rioting and violence. I would be staying in. I would feel a lot worse for any victims (pro or anti Trump) of that than I did for Trump or the feelings of his believers. But if we're insisting democracy is surviving a second Trump term, you can't tell me it wouldn't survive a Trump assassination. The idea of Trump going full fash is partially dependent on the idea of him having a loyal network of street support to instill fear of resisting anything extraconstitutional Trump might try. Those are the people who would need to be for real if turmoil were to persist for a while following a Trump assassination. If Trump/MAGA is not a serious threat to our version of democracy, then our nation would heal and forge forward without civil war but with just as much resentment and paranoia as before.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Probably for a little bit. There would be some rioting and violence. I would be staying in. I would feel a lot worse for any victims (pro or anti Trump) of that than I did for Trump or the feelings of his believers. But if we're insisting democracy is surviving a second Trump term, you can't tell me it wouldn't survive a Trump assassination. The idea of Trump going full fash is partially dependent on the idea of him having a loyal network of street support to instill fear of resisting anything extraconstitutional Trump might try. Those are the people who would need to be for real if turmoil were to persist for a while following a Trump assassination. If Trump/MAGA is not a serious threat to our version of democracy, then our nation would heal and forge forward without civil war but with just as much resentment and paranoia as before.
The hate and disdain some of you have for Trumpers is scary.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

So our political opponents should be killed if we don’t agree? You do recall which side of the political aisle is more 2nd amendment friendly and by that thought most likely to have weapons.

It’s also pretty nutty to think that our law enforcement and military members wouldn’t somehow be in conflict as well. So no, I don’t have the same faith you do that it would be bad for a short time. We were about 2 inches from calamity.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
So our political opponents should be killed if we don’t agree?

Did I say that? At all?
It’s also pretty nutty to think that our law enforcement and military members wouldn’t somehow be in conflict as well. So no, I don’t have the same faith you do that it would be bad for a short time. We were about 2 inches from calamity.

Why were we two inches away from calamity? Is it because Trump has the support of a bunch of armed lunatics, err, patriots who are willing to take to the streets and kill for Trump? Does that not support the idea that a second Trump term could easily turn fashy since apparently according to you he has his brown shirts ready for calamity (not to mention how the military and LEOs shake out)? That's the point I'm making. If you believe this was close to calamity, then you should also agree a second Trump term could lead to a different calamity when there is popular resistance to Trump should he try to smash any laws or norms considered vital to our democracy.

• Haha
Reactions: GooeyHay
Did I say that? At all?

Why were we two inches away from calamity? Is it because Trump has the support of a bunch of armed lunatics, err, patriots who are willing to take to the streets and kill for Trump? Does that not support the idea that a second Trump term could easily turn fashy since apparently according to you he has his brown shirts ready for calamity (not to mention how the military and LEOs shake out)? That's the point I'm making. If you believe this was close to calamity, then you should also agree a second Trump term could lead to a different calamity when there is popular resistance to Trump should he try to smash any laws or norms considered vital to our democracy.

Because two inches to the right and he would be dead and this country would fall apart. Don’t be obtuse. Yes, Trumps supporters are more likely to have fire arms.

He doesn’t need brown shirts you dunce. Those members of Law Enforcement and the military more likely to be Trump voters. You think they would be happy their candidate was assassinated?

I can’t do this anymore, I’m afraid whatever your brain has been poisoned with will infect me.

But this entire evening is stooping to the level of the MAGAs. I can't believe I'd ever be in the position of feeling bad for Donald Trump but here I am...
Maturity takes time, some people never get there. You have heard the saying if at the age of 20 if you're not a Democrat you have no heart. By the age of 50 if you're not a Republican you have no brain. A lot of validity in this.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
I’ve never agreed with you more. This is why most on the left don’t want him assassinated. In jail? Yep. Murdered? Hell no. At this point if he died of a coronary Biden would get blamed for killing him. MAGA would never believe he died of natural causes.

I’ve never agreed with you more. This is why most on the left don’t want him assassinated. In jail? Yep. Murdered? Hell no. At this point if he died of a coronary Biden would get blamed for killing him. MAGA would never believe he died of natural causes.

This country is barely hanging on. We need to have the election, an assassination (on either side) would push us over the brink.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Did I say that? At all?

This is such garbage.
If Trump wins and does calamity that is a lot different than a presidential candidate getting assassinated. JFC

Reactions: swagsurfer02
Because two inches to the right and he would be dead and this country would fall apart. Don’t be obtuse. Yes, Trumps supporters are more likely to have fire arms.

He doesn’t need brown shirts you dunce. Those members of Law Enforcement and the military more likely to be Trump voters. You think they would be happy their candidate was assassinated?

I can’t do this anymore, I’m afraid whatever your brain has been poisoned with will infect me.

You're missing my point. Why would the country fall apart THIS TIME versus the other times a POTUS has been assassinated? For the reasons you listed. If those are in fact true/likely scenarios, that is exactly the reason to believe another Trump term could devolve into authoritarian rule. So if you're worried a Trump assassination would lead to this, why aren't you worried a second term could as well? You're aware of the reasons people fear that possibility in this context, but you shrug it off and chuckle when people are concerned these exact same elements you named might be willing to help Trump become a dictator of sorts?

This is such garbage.
If Trump wins and does calamity that is a lot different than a presidential candidate getting assassinated. JFC
Yes of course it is different. Swag thinks instead of mourning and a state funeral, there will be riots and violence (I don't disagree). So he sees the potential is there. Does that not somewhat validate concerns that have been ridiculed recently about a second Trump term turning authoritarian? Because apparently the people us TDS folks worry about exist in a scenario where Trump is killed. Do they not exist in a scenario where Trump is in a second term and meeting popular resistance over some executive action supported by the hardcore Trump supporters but not most Americans?

You're missing my point. Why would the country fall apart THIS TIME versus the other times a POTUS has been assassinated? For the reasons you listed. If those are in fact true/likely scenarios, that is exactly the reason to believe another Trump term could devolve into authoritarian rule. So if you're worried a Trump assassination would lead to this, why aren't you worried a second term could as well? You're aware of the reasons people fear that possibility in this context, but you shrug it off and chuckle when people are concerned these exact same elements you named might be willing to help Trump become a dictator of sorts?

Were those assassinations in the middle of such a hotly contested election cycle? This type of rhetoric about Trump being a dictator, or Hitler reborn, or a King is a bunch of bluster and what leads to crazy people doing things they think they have to in order to “save America”.

It’s dumb and dangerous. We are seeing the repercussions of all this nonsense.

Were those assassinations in the middle of such a hotly contested election cycle? This type of rhetoric about Trump being a dictator, or Hitler reborn, or a King is a bunch of bluster and what leads to crazy people doing things they think they have to in order to “save America”.

It’s dumb and dangerous. We are seeing the repercussions of all this nonsense.

Lincoln was assassinated in the immediate aftermath of a Civil War after which the country was not immediately happily reunited. Kennedy had a lot of enemies and there's a decent chance he cheated to win in 1960.

We saw Trump try to steal an election he knew he lost and he still chose to orchestrate and lead a riot in which multiple people died. It doesn't matter if the plan was doomed from the start, the intention was there. Thinking he has authoritarian impulses is not dirty politics or paranoia, we've already witnessed it. That can't be out of bounds for discussion just because someone made an attempt on him. I haven't actually seen calls for his assassination or I would agree those should be condemned. I just don't understand how you can see how dangerous this could have been, know the reasons why, and think these folks won't get violent or otherwise break the law to follow Trump again to do something crazy in a second term. Why is an assassination the only thing we have to worry about with them?

Lincoln was assassinated in the immediate aftermath of a Civil War after which the country was not immediately happily reunited. Kennedy had a lot of enemies and there's a decent chance he cheated to win in 1960.

We saw Trump try to steal an election he knew he lost and he still chose to orchestrate and lead a riot in which multiple people died. It doesn't matter if the plan was doomed from the start, the intention was there. Thinking he has authoritarian impulses is not dirty politics or paranoia, we've already witnessed it. That can't be out of bounds for discussion just because someone made an attempt on him. I haven't actually seen calls for his assassination or I would agree those should be condemned. I just don't understand how you can see how dangerous this could have been, know the reasons why, and think these folks won't get violent or otherwise break the law to follow Trump again to do something crazy in a second term. Why is an assassination the only thing we have to worry about with them?

I’m not going to argue. It’s your opinion and you’re more than welcome to it. I just don’t think you see the pot about to boil over.

I’m not going to argue. It’s your opinion and you’re more than welcome to it. I just don’t think you see the pot about to boil over.
I do see the pot about to boil over AGAIN. I agree it would have been bad if Trump were assassinated. I think there's plenty of potential it could get just as bad if he gets another term, I don't see how that's not obvious if you think a Trump assassination would result in unprecedented domestic turmoil. The people who legitimately believe the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, who you insist would be rioting tonight. Why won't they believe the next Trump lie and be willing to go to battle for him? Do you think Trump's going to stop lying to them when he doesn't get his way or they'll stop believing his lies? A lot of conservatives have been saying recently that opposing the voting laws house Republicans proposed is akin to TREASON. I'm to believe they would riot if Trump was assassinated but not if he told them repeatedly that treasonous traitors stood in the way of Trump making America great again?

I was raised as a Catholic and while I've rejected much of the superstitions of Christianity, a lot of the morals have stuck with me (you can probably argue in selective ways but what could be more Christianlike than that). As a result of the values instilled in me attending a Catholic school in an America still living an understanding born out of the recently ended Cold War, I don't value the life of a POTUS more than that of thousands or tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands many of them have ordered dead.

What I see are people who make "Ted Kennedy finally quit drinking" jokes or "congratulations to George Floyd on 4 years sober" clutching their pearls about an unsuccessful assassination attempt because people who don't like Trump aren't being respectful enough. Boohoo and yawn.

If Trump had died, I'd have shut up and locked the doors and waited for the rioting to slow down and not taunted Trump's snowflake fans. But he barely appears to have even been injured (in the video I watched before I made any comments, he was hit, realized he was hit and then smartly took cover and was clearly quickly removed from danger after his SS detail covered him).

Also, this is a bad look for the Secret Service, right? Maybe have the House Republicans drag them in front of Congress instead of revisiting the House Committee on UnAmerican Posting.
Are you against abortion? If you are you have the right to say you were raised Catholic. If not you weren't raised Catholic. When does life begin and when does it end.

• Haha
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Are you against abortion? If you are you have the right to say you were raised Catholic. If not you weren't raised Catholic. When does life begin and when does it end.
Oh we got the Pope over here who gets to decide what "raised Catholic" means. I'm no longer Catholic (hence "raised Catholic"). I was still absolutely raised and educated Catholic (like in a real Catholic school in a real Catholic community). Just because the supernatural aspects of the religion are obviously bullshit and the church itself has a fairly evil history, that doesn't mean my Catholic school didn't instill certain values I find compatible with secular humanism (values I'm sure you place on the back burner since you appear to be like one of the hypocrites who likes to stand on the street corner and be seen praying). I did used to argue against abortion and gay rights on the internet when I was 12 because I'd been indoctrinated by an institution that covered up the rape of minors systematically.

Another thing... why would you pick abortion? This makes me suspect you're not really into Catholicism but rather Christian religious conservatism. Opposition to abortion is so ubiquitous among Christian faiths that it would be near impossible to tell a Catholic from other flavors Jesus by nailing that position down. Why wouldn't you get into something more specifically Catholic? How do you admit to your priest that you masturbate in Confession? Last Confession I did in high school, I remember I admitted to "acting alone on lustful impulses" (which I had written in advance). Did you get far enough into your theological studies to figure out how the transubstantiation mechanism is realized on the mortal side of things? Is it considered a spell the priest does which goes right to God and then God does the lifting? Is it some type of eastern meditation the priest has to combine with knowledge of the gospel in order to perform the transubstantiation spell? These are the things to talk about if you wanna talk Catholicism specifically

Another thing... why would you pick abortion? This makes me suspect you're not really into Catholicism but rather Christian religious conservatism. Opposition to abortion is so ubiquitous among Christian faiths that it would be near impossible to tell a Catholic from other flavors Jesus by nailing that position down. Why wouldn't you get into something more specifically Catholic? How do you admit to your priest that you masturbate in Confession? Last Confession I did in high school, I remember I admitted to "acting alone on lustful impulses" (which I had written in advance). Did you get far enough into your theological studies to figure out how the transubstantiation mechanism is realized on the mortal side of things? Is it considered a spell the priest does which goes right to God and then God does the lifting? Is it some type of eastern meditation the priest has to combine with knowledge of the gospel in order to perform the transubstantiation spell? These are the things to talk about if you wanna talk Catholicism specifically
Abortion because that is one thing if you truly follow fhe churches geaching that if you are for abortion and they know what your stance is they will not let you take communion. Like Joe B he can go to church but not take communion. Other religions how you feel personally about abortion even if you are fir it you are allowed to take communion

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT