ADVERTISEMENT

Illanoy @ South Florida

If USF is #22 then both Iowa and ISU are definitely top 25 teams. USF should be up 49-0 but they are complete garbage playing an IL team that looks like they are playing with an intramural squad. Lovie is cashing checks baby!

Reactions: Underscore2
During the Half Time Pep Talk, Coach Lovie Smith
will have as guest speakers via phone calls:

Former Illinois Governor Rod Blago from a Colorado
Prison and Former Chicago Bear Quarterback Jay
Cutler. They will speak about caving into adversity.

For those who want AJ Epenesa to see a lot more reps ... right now, in the USF vs Illinois game, you're seeing the reason why it's better to gradually work a guy into the action. The young Illinois DEs look like they have promise ... but their undisciplined play is getting the Illini torn up on the ground.

Reactions: Hawkfan5220
For those who want AJ Epenesa to see a lot more reps ... right now, in the USF vs Illinois game, you're seeing the reason why it's better to gradually work a guy into the action. The young Illinois DEs look like they have promise ... but their undisciplined play is getting the Illini torn up on the ground.

Are you talking about those 2 guys they got from campus try outs?

I'm checking out. HSN is selling Restorelifes Formula Multivitamin Renew formula that looks interesting.

Reactions: And1Hawk
I just don't get how Illinois cannot field decent football teams, and don't get me wrong I love it, but damn... They may have "athletes", but sure as hell not too many actual football players... I've definitely had my bitching moments about the Iowa coaching staff in my life, but this game makes me remember why Kirk is one of the best fundamental, professional style coaches in the country. ILL just looks so undisciplined it's crazy.

Who the heck teaches kids to lead with their head down like that. It's almost more dangerous for the tackler than ball carrier.

I just don't get how Illinois cannot field decent football teams, and don't get me wrong I love it, but damn... They may have "athletes", but sure as hell not too many actual football players... I've definitely had my bitching moments about the Iowa coaching staff in my life, but this game makes me remember why Kirk is one of the best fundamental, professional style coaches in the country. ILL just looks so undisciplined it's crazy.

Just 3 seasons ago IL came into Kinnick and gave us a pretty tough game under coach Bill Cubit. That was the game where Canzeri and the OL ice'd it with 10 straight runs or so. That IL outfit was pretty decent but the new AD came in and fired Cubit and hired Lovie. Well this is Lovie ball.

Reactions: td77
Illinois wanted to get a BIG name coach so they
signed up Lovie Smith who has coached in an
NFL Super Bowl game. The Illinois Athletic
Director job is not a good gig. They have a
revolving door for Men's Basketball and Football
coaches.

Just 3 seasons ago IL came into Kinnick and gave us a pretty tough game under coach Bill Cubit. That was the game where Canzeri and the OL ice'd it with 10 straight runs or so. That IL outfit was pretty decent but the new AD came in and fired Cubit and hired Lovie. Well this is Lovie ball.
Everyone comes into Kinnick and gives us a pretty good game.

I've been gone tonight. How does USF have 350 more yards of offense only 22 more points?

Edit: just saw they put up ten more. Never mind

I've been gone tonight. How does USF have 350 more yards of offense only 22 more points?

Edit: just saw they put up ten more. Never mind

USF is garbage too ... just not as bad as IL. A good team would have scored on every possession the way the Illini look tonight.

161125123845119.png

I thought Cubit was a good coach and would have done well at Illinois, or at least turned it around and made progress.

Illinois is flat broke. They don't have the money to fire anybody and their football program is on life support. Should've kept Zooker.

This is flat out ignorant. Our athletic program is financed completely independently from the state or the university, and it's not "flat broke." Period. Also, Lovie is cleaning up the mess that Beckman left; only a fool would think it doesn't take time. We have 36 freshmen, 22 sophomores, 16 juniors and 9 seniors. We knew we were going to be bad again this year, and we knew it'd take Lovie at THE VERY LEAST three years to show a positive direction ... that's what happens when you've sucked for so long, you need to scrap it and start over. Might we look pathetic to a program like Iowa? Sure. Who cares? I like the young group I've seen, and I'm hopeful they can keep improving as the year goes on and maybe pull an upset or two.

We started 10 true freshman. 10. This is an overhaul and last year the freshman were not his. Best days are ahead for us, but we know that will be 2 or 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT