ADVERTISEMENT

Illegal immigration or Gun violence?

So there are no gun regulations? Really?

But you are okay with stock piles of cars that kill more teens in a year then guns?

Data from the National Vital Statistics System-Mortality

• An average of 16,375 teenagers 12-19 years died in the United States every year from 1999 to 2006. This is less than 1 percent of all deaths that occur every year in the United States.
  • The five leading causes of death among teenagers are Accidents (unintentional injuries), homicide, suicide, cancer, and heart disease. Accidents account for nearly one-half of all teenage deaths.
  • As a category of accidents, motor vehicle fatality is the leading cause of death to teenagers, representing over one-third of all deaths.
  • Among teenagers, non-Hispanic black males have the highest death rate (94.1 deaths per 100,000 population).
  • Homicide is the leading cause of death for non-Hispanic black male teenagers. For all other groups, accident is the leading cause.

db37_fig_2.gif

You realize that an AR-15 is simply a hunting rifle with plastic body parts to look cool, right? II have the wooden .22 in the picture it has a banana clip

aeb86c1ba6dd726c48139928b76693ee.jpg
Yes, I would like more regulation to keep gun nuts from stockpiling guns. Why does anyone need a semi-automatic weapon? You want to call yourself a sportsman, get a bow or better yet how about a knife? I don't think there is much skill involved in sitting up in a tree waiting for a deer to walk by and then filling it with slugs from your semi-auto gun.

an act that causes harm committed with a gun would probably be a good definition

Data to back that up?
There's quite a bit of info available for those that really want to be educated on the topic.
From one of the more recent cdc studies on violent crimes committed by people with guns -
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011.

The report is like 80 page long pdf but you can find it with some searching.

There's quite a bit of info available for those that really want to be educated on the topic.
From one of the more recent cdc studies on violent crimes committed by people with guns -
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011.

The report is like 80 page long pdf but you can find it with some searching.
Thank you. Now that you have defined what you think is gun violence, which is more of a threat to the US citizen -illegal immigration or gang violence?

Thank you. Now that you have defined what you think is gun violence, which is more of a threat to the US citizen -illegal immigration or gang violence?
I did in my original response - Of the two I'd say gang violence is a slightly bigger problem but both are significant issues for the safety and security of millions of Americans.
Your aim here is obvious but it's also disingenuous. Do you not think we're capable as a country of attempting to fix multiple issues at once?

our aim here is obvious but it's also disingenuous. Do you not think we're capable as a country of attempting to fix multiple issues at once?
Other than the tangent caused by YS51, I simply asked for an opinion between two choices. I have also never asked or mentioned anything about fixing either problem. I don't mind being called out but please let me do that thing before doing so.

Other than the tangent caused by YS51, I simply asked for an opinion between two choices. I have also never asked or mentioned anything about fixing either problem. I don't mind being called out but please let me do that thing before doing so.
I'm not calling you out, just predicting where you're going with this based on your posting history. Anyhow, carry on as you like, it's you're thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT