ADVERTISEMENT

Illini Wave

How dare they! I suppose they don’t stop and wave every time they pass a hospital either.
Pretty sure they are at kinnick to play a game, not wave at kids.

• Sad
Reactions: pmtdc and GHawk
On the road, tight game. Basically an extended timeout. Have some time to talk with your players.

ill-allow-it-community.gif

A guy I know spends the entire playing of the national anthem looking for people around him who have not removed their hat or do not have a hand over their heart. He told me he got into a fight once when he challenged a guy wearing a baseball cap. I told him that I hoped he got the shit beat out of him for being an idiot.

It's an Iowa thing, if others don't want to play, fine. The last thing we need is for fans to feel obligated to wave.

Or, perhaps in keeping with the "wave announcement" Kinnick should post signs.

31EyKE-EbLL.jpg

Damn … who cares?
If u want to wave, wave. If not? Oh well .
God, society sure has gotten soft and triggered about crap that don’t matter.
And maybe society has gotten bad because people like you think not taking a couple of minutes away from a F*** FB game to wave at some sick kids doesn't matter.
You and people like you are what is the matter with this society. Ya a FB game is more important than sick kids. You as* hole I hope you never have someone in the Children's Hosp. You prick!

It's an Iowa thing, if others don't want to play, fine. The last thing we need is for fans to feel obligated to wave.

Or, perhaps in keeping with the "wave announcement" Kinnick should post signs.

31EyKE-EbLL.jpg
It isn't an Iowa thing. It is a sick kids thing. All you people down playing it make me sick. F*** all you.
IT is important to anyone who has had kids in the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one am just grateful to be in the stands capable of waving up at that hospital. No matter how bad the hawks are playing, or the weather is, I know one thing, it is better down there, than up in that hospital. It takes an incredibly shitty person to not throw their arm in the air.

And maybe society has gotten bad because people like you think not taking a couple of minutes away from a F*** FB game to wave at some sick kids doesn't matter.
You and people like you are what is the matter with this society. Ya a FB game is more important than sick kids. You as* hole I hope you never have someone in the Children's Hosp. You prick!
Dude, you cannot dictate or judge people's responses. Many feel for those kids and have gone through the same experiences but for whatever reason choose to focus in on something different for the moment that helps them deal with pressures.
The only dick I see is revealed in your comments.

Last edited:
It’s like the covid vaccine. Iowa fans are going to mandate that you wave.
Sure it might not make you happy but it may or may not make the person sitting next to you happy.

The wave has been a cool thing but at this point, 6 years after it first started. It just feels like it’s being crammed down your throat. If you want to wave, go ahead and wave. If you don’t want to wave, that’s fine too.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella
It isn't an Iowa thing. It is a sick kids thing. All you people down playing it make me sick. F*** all you.
IT is important to anyone who has had kids in the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who the heck downplayed it?????

It's an awesome tradition! It's amazing! The best tradition in college sports.

It just shouldn't be required! The joy is in the act itself, not in some frickin' rule.

And I did have a kid at the U for 5 months with leukemia.

Dude, you cannot dictate or judge people's responses. Many feel for those kids and have gone through the same experiences but for whatever reason choose to focus in on something different for the moment that helps them deal with pressures.
The only dick I see is revealed in your comments.
Absolutely pathetic response. You sure as He** don't get it. Comparing a FB game to sick kids. You are one pathetic person!
You really think all those nonwavers are worried about the pressure in their lives. Maybe you should think before making stupid posts.

Reactions: pmtdc
Who the heck downplayed it?????

It's an awesome tradition! It's amazing! The best tradition in college sports.

It just shouldn't be required! The joy is in the act itself, not in some frickin' rule.

And I did have a kid at the U for 5 months with leukemia.
You downplayed it calling it an Iowa thing. It isn't an Iowa thing. It's a sick kids thing.

And, I'm sorry about your kid.

It’s like the covid vaccine. Iowa fans are going to mandate that you wave.
Sure it might not make you happy but it may or may not make the person sitting next to you happy.

The wave has been a cool thing but at this point, 6 years after it first started. It just feels like it’s being crammed down your throat. If you want to wave, go ahead and wave. If you don’t want to wave, that’s fine too.
I actually don't disagree with this. But I really get pissed when people like lampoon compare it to a FB game. Or say people don't wave because of other pressures.
He also brought up a stupid society thing.

Reactions: pmtdc
Did folks notice that the Illini did not wave to the Children’s Hospital. They all gather in a huddle with the coaches. Would have expected more from Bielema.
You know that teams do not have to come out on the field for the National Anthem dont you. Yeah, it is nice that some of the players waved but the Illini offense was struggling in that first qtr so I can understand they wanted to coach during that time out.

Reactions: ichawk24
This is a nothing burger. The Illini players and coaches are literally at work doing their jobs going over stuff during a timeout. What’s next is the claim they didn’t wave so that means that they don’t support sick children? Plus just because the big fat guy in orange and his players didn’t wave I’m sure had zero effect on those kids who still had 70K waving at them.

Reactions: nu2u and ichawk24
The Illini cheerleaders met with the Iowa cheerleaders in the SEZ and waved together. The “large” section of orange in the upper East stands were waving.

I didn’t notice what the players were doing, Iowa or Illinois. What they did or didn’t do at this time didn’t bother me.

I do know the crowd loved the Kid Captain Cooper though. Several loud “Cooooooop”’s went out.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT