ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois vs. Clones

Feels like a game where everything’s going Illinoi’s way and ISU is getting no breaks. A lot of time left but just don’t feel too good about ISU.

Oh yeah, forget he allegedly raped someone. I just keep hearing about the heater he’s on. F him and F Illinois.
Key word is allegedly. He gets found guilty I'll hate him, for now he is having a hell of a game.

🤡 fans upset they can't tackle people on the in bounds. Really hinders their game.

ISU looks like shit.

giphy.gif

....because I hate rape..... he deserves his day in court. But look how Pierre Pierce turned out.
Different people different situation.

Rape is terrible. Neither of us know his guilt. KU players that were the ID'd a different Illinois player. If guilty, I hope he pays dearly. He desrves his day in court.

Rape is terrible. Neither of us know his guilt. KU players that were the ID'd a different Illinois player. If guilty, I hope he pays dearly. He desrves his day in court.

But I'm a low life for saying Illinois should not be playing him?

Seriously. Do you know anything about the criminal justice system?

If a man was accused of doing this, in Iowa, they would have no access to children, a restraining order would be put in place.....and they would have an ankle bracelet.

I imagine the female that says she was raped would be the one to ID shannon+ there ourght to be physical evidence.

Sure there can be false accusations and wrong witness ID's. The number of women raped or raped and non-reported far, far outnumbers false accusations, so probablilities are not in general in the accused favor. I think the athletes tend to humiliate/treat some of the women they meet casually like chit and that might lead to a false accusation which is wrong, but avoidable by not treating women like chit.

Anyway Shannon is great player, but he's fallen in love with the 3pt shot. The entire Illini team has had their paint shots shut down by ISU.

Jekyll and Hyde in the UNC game. First half no one could miss and now no one can make a basket.

I will pick Illini as most likely winner.

Shannon is playing like a Lottery pick. If he's hitting his 3s, Illini should win.

I agree Domask will struggle and Illini are weak at guard.

ISU defends great, but Illini can compete with them on the boards.
game over - the Illini vs. Uconn tilt should be a much better game than this!

If a man was accused of doing this, in Iowa, they would have no access to children, a restraining order would be put in place.....and they would have an ankle bracelet.

Terrence Shannon’s arrest, legal battle​

Shannon’s legal troubles date back to an incident in a Lawrence, Kansas, bar in September.

Shannon was in Kansas for the Jayhawks’ football game against Illinois on Sept. 8, and he went to a bar near campus that night. The alleged victim told police that a man, who she later identified through photos and social media as Shannon, groped her under her skirt and underwear and sexually assaulted her in the crowded bar. She reported the incident to police the next day, and visited a local hospital for a sexual assault examination.

Shannon’s lawyers have repeatedly said he is innocent, and pointed to the lack of witness testimony and very clear surveillance evidence as “the alleged incident occurred in a very public bar,” they wrote in a court filing.

Illinois, however, suspended Shannon indefinitely on Dec. 28 after an arrest warrant was issued in Kansas. He quickly filed a motion with a federal judge, and he was granted a temporary restraining order that forced Illinois to reinstate him on Jan. 19. Shannon, the judge said in her ruling, would “suffer irreparable harm without an injunction.”

Shannon missed six games in total during that suspension. He returned to help Illinois beat Rutgers on Jan. 21, and received a standing ovation from the home crowd in Champaign. Three days later, though, he was heckled hard on the road in Evanston, Ill., throughout Northwestern’s upset win.

Shannon’s case is still pending, and he’s not due in court again until May.

• Angry
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Terrence Shannon’s arrest, legal battle​

Shannon’s legal troubles date back to an incident in a Lawrence, Kansas, bar in September.

Shannon was in Kansas for the Jayhawks’ football game against Illinois on Sept. 8, and he went to a bar near campus that night. The alleged victim told police that a man, who she later identified through photos and social media as Shannon, groped her under her skirt and underwear and sexually assaulted her in the crowded bar. She reported the incident to police the next day, and visited a local hospital for a sexual assault examination.

Shannon’s lawyers have repeatedly said he is innocent, and pointed to the lack of witness testimony and very clear surveillance evidence as “the alleged incident occurred in a very public bar,” they wrote in a court filing.

Illinois, however, suspended Shannon indefinitely on Dec. 28 after an arrest warrant was issued in Kansas. He quickly filed a motion with a federal judge, and he was granted a temporary restraining order that forced Illinois to reinstate him on Jan. 19. Shannon, the judge said in her ruling, would “suffer irreparable harm without an injunction.”

Shannon missed six games in total during that suspension. He returned to help Illinois beat Rutgers on Jan. 21, and received a standing ovation from the home crowd in Champaign. Three days later, though, he was heckled hard on the road in Evanston, Ill., throughout Northwestern’s upset win.

Shannon’s case is still pending, and he’s not due in court again until May.

Seriously....your team is in the Sweet 16, up 10 at half.....and you are on an Iowa message board.

Things have changed. So we should want him raped before court,?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT