ADVERTISEMENT

IMPEACHMENT HEARING THREAD

Not really.

The "witch hunt" defense has now been debunked by longtime professional, non-partisan witnesses.

Now the GOP talking point is that Trump is innocent because while he tried to bribe/extort Ukrainian officials, he was prevented from doing so by those aforementioned professionals, so he shouldn't be impeached.
I didn’t day it didn’t. I was talking a guess at what HROT sounds like. Thanks for proving me correct.

I didn’t day it didn’t. I was talking a guess at what HROT sounds like. Thanks for proving me correct.
Well the overall point you may be missing is that there really aren't "sides" in this. There are facts, and then there are people who choose to live in a reality devoid of rationality.

Well the overall point you may be missing is that there really aren't "sides" in this. There are facts, and then there are people who choose to live in a reality devoid of rationality.
This is where a Righty can be all, "you're so condescending!" and thus, in their mind, justify clinging to their alternate reality. You know, because libs are condescending.

The snowflakiness is deep.

Is this really the argument that Republicans are going with? That attempted bribery doesn't count unless it actually goes through?

It works on their base of deplorables, and that's all they care about, our country, the constitution, the separation of powers, the rule of law be damned. The president can do whatever he wants, there are no checks and balances on his authority. Deplorable is putting it mildly.

It works on their base of deplorables, and that's all they care about, our country, the constitution, the separation of powers, the rule of law be damned. The president can do whatever he wants, there are no checks and balances on his authority. Deplorable is putting it mildly.
Trump: "Ukraine, investigate Biden."

Whistleblower: "Trump is trying to bribe Ukraine."

GOP: "Doesn't count because we took away the bribe before Trump could get in trouble!"

See HROT posters on the subject.

Trump: "Ukraine, investigate Biden."

Whistleblower: "Trump is trying to bribe Ukraine."

GOP: "Doesn't count because we took away the bribe before Trump could get in trouble!"
Here is the thing. Trump was never going to give the aid, even if Ukraine brought the deliverables. When the whistleblower thing blew up, there were I think 5 days left in the documentation to deliver the aid or it was not legally able to be dispensed. Trump frantically wanted the deliverables and was then going to run out the clock on Ukraine.

Here is the thing. Trump was never going to give the aid, even if Ukraine brought the deliverables. When the whistleblower thing blew up, there were I think 5 days left in the documentation to deliver the aid or it was not legally able to be dispensed. Trump frantically wanted the deliverables and was then going to run out the clock on Ukraine.

You need to call Schiff to see if you can testify.

George Kent and Bill Taylor did not have first hand knowledge of the Phone call. Taylor got his knowledge from an aide who overheard another conversation.

We need to hear testimony from someone who actually heard the conversation.

George Kent and Bill Taylor did not have first hand knowledge of the Phone call. Taylor got his knowledge from an aide who overheard another conversation.

We also need to hear testimony from Guiliani, Mulvani, and Trump.

That like saying for a sting where spouse tries to hire hit man who is under cover cop

Number 1 he did not shoot him
Number 2 he never got paid.

Or how about?
Number 1 he did not have sex with a 12 year old
Number 2 the 12 year old was a 37 year old cop acting like 12 year old.

Seriously? This is really the defense??

They don't have that kind of evidence and they know it.

That like saying for a sting where spouse tries to hire hit man who is under cover cop

Or how about?

caMm6N8.jpg

Yepper.

Reactions: noleclone2

Trump's not going to testify.

Someone is a little emotional today wouldn't ya say @Rudolph? @tarheelbybirth you should listen to your leftist buddy and not let politics get you so fired up. Don't let that blood pressure strike. Go out for a walk or something and just let Trump out of your mind for a few minutes. It will be good for your health.
LOL...it's gonna take surgery to remove you from Trump's colon.

No secret that it was David Holmes, political counselor at the US Embassy, that overheard the Trump Sonderland conversation. The Republicans will try to destroy him.

Or how about?

Yes, it's their defense because it's all they have.

We will, but we don’t need to. This is just one more piece of evidence. Hell, Trump’s own people are saying, “It’s not quid pro quo, he just wasn’t going to do what they wanted until they did what he wanted.”

This is only a winning defense if the jury is going to acquit no matter what.

Folks, I detest Trump as President. However I cant watch this. I guess if Mayor Pete Buttchug, who has little good experience, but you all think is great because he was at Oxford or what not, is your guy...then OK...he is still better than Trump, so lets just get to a year from now.

Folks...clearly Republicans have crossed a bridge. They clearly think aligning with foreigners over other Americans is OK. Was once known as treasonous, but they have rationalized it to stop abortion and gays and avoid taxes. Faustian. Truly Dread man....

Waste of a thread. That dumbass, embarrassing ass will win again even if he does get impeached. He could possibly win if he’s in prison. In that even possible? The dude is crazy. I don’t know, but I can’t take anymore of him if he’s right or wrong. He’s embarrassing as an American. I’m not a dem either.

My brother freaks out on me when I attack him and brings up the “deep state” stuff. Maybe I need to go down that rabbit hole more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT