ADVERTISEMENT

IMPEACHMENT HEARING THREAD

That like saying for a sting where spouse tries to hire hit man who is under cover cop

Number 1 he did not shoot him
Number 2 he never got paid.

Or how about?
Number 1 he did not have sex with a 12 year old
Number 2 the 12 year old was a 37 year old cop acting like 12 year old.

Seriously? This is really the defense??
Really poor analogy.

how about this analogy:

Guy tries to extort someone, but before it all materializes someone gets wind of the scheme and threatens to tell the cops, so guy calls it all off.
YawningTestyLangur-size_restricted.gif

We also need to hear testimony from Guiliani, Mulvani, and Trump.

The republicans on the committee all bitching about second and third hand knowledge from the witnesses. Hey Jordan and Nunes and the rest of you, get out there in front of the cameras and jointly ask trump that you need to hear from Bolton, Mulvaney, McGann and a couple others that have first hand knowledge. I bet you could get at least 40 or 50 outlets to give you some time. Tell trump he need not apply because he isn't capable of telling the truth, under oath or no.

The republicans on the committee all bitching about second and third hand knowledge from the witnesses. Hey Jordan and Nunes and the rest of you, get out there in front of the cameras and jointly ask trump that you need to hear from Bolton, Mulvaney, McGann and a couple others that have first hand knowledge. I bet you could get at least 40 or 50 outlets to give you some time. Tell trump he need not apply because he isn't capable of telling the truth, under oath or no.
That should be stated every single time they try to play the "second-hand" card.

"Tell Trump to let us hear it first hand, Gym."

1573425918971.jpg

how about this analogy:

Guy tries to extort someone, but before it all materializes someone else gets wind of the scheme and threatens to tell the cops, so guy calls it all off.

This, except he actually tells the cops.

Then, instead of the cops arresting and prosecuting the actual perp, they go after the guy who told them based upon whether he was a Republican or Democrat. The perp, informed that his scheme has been "outed", calls it off, and the cops make the decision to arrest based solely on "political affiliations".

:cool:

The whole situation is sad when you realize the GOP Reps are not even trying to defend but only trying to create sound bytes for their various propaganda outlets that will then spoon feed their base with an alternative reality created with alternative facts and conspiracy. And that is the real story under all of this. Not Trump and his actions. Not congress and their refusal to provide a check to those actions. It’s the fact the GOP has their base so brainwashed and programmed into a cult where there are no consequences for the outlandish behavior. History will not be kind to all of them. And eventually the strategy is going to fall because most people under 40 are not falling for it and joining the cult. Every year it is going to get smaller.

This, except he actually tells the cops.

Then, instead of the cops arresting and prosecuting the actual perp, they go after the guy who told them based upon whether he was a Republican or Democrat. The perp, informed that his scheme has been "outed", calls it off, and the cops make the decision to arrest based solely on "political affiliations".

:cool:
That's the America some people seem to want.

Reactions: Joes Place
The whole situation is sad when you realize the GOP Reps are not even trying to defend but only trying to create sound bytes for their various propaganda outlets that will then spoon feed their base with an alternative reality created with alternative facts and conspiracy. And that is the real story under all of this. Not Trump and his actions. Not congress and their refusal to provide a check to those actions. It’s the fact the GOP has their base so brainwashed and programmed into a cult where there are no consequences for the outlandish behavior. History will not be kind to all of them. And eventually the strategy is going to fall because most people under 40 are not falling for it and joining the cult. Every year it is going to get smaller.
And as someone who wants a healthy conservatism to counterbalance liberalism, this makes me sad, not to mentioned concerned.

But maybe this is how a conservatism in the age of climate change, consistently increasing human migration, globalism, etc develops. Maybe a vacuum needs to be created for the next generation of conservatism to emerge. Who knows. It's just real, real ugly right now. That conservatism gave its keys to Trump, of all people, and seemingly sold its soul to him along with it, is disconcerting.

I choose to remain mostly hopeful.

Along those lines, I watched the Laura Ingraham show last night and 10 minutes was about all I could take. Their selective editing really made it look like a separate hearing last night.

These people are professional propagandists.

Along those lines, I watched the Laura Ingraham show last night and 10 minutes was about all I could take. Their selective editing really made it look like a separate hearing last night.

These people are professional propagandists.
I'm telling you, Right wing media committed to manufacturing and grooming an alternate reality in order to substantiate an otherwise failed ideology. It's in its fifth or sixth decade of this, and it was a helluva gamble.

Last edited:
When someone starts their testimony with I have served they are not credible because you have not served you were hired by the government and you get money for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT