ADVERTISEMENT

In last 3 years, Iowa has scored SEVENTEEN offensive TD against Nebraska

giphy.gif

Scott Frost says "you better get us now."

Fear Scott Frost.

He da man.
Meh, I'm good. They could have a Wisconsin-type run and I wouldn't fear sh** until someone overthrows the Ohio State establishment in this conference and Alabama ruling college football as far as the NCAA is concerned.

Nebraska fans are thinking way too small here, so I will continue to give no f***s about their Frosty hype.......

Only seventeen? It seems more like twenty-seven. Or maybe I'm thinking of how many it will be after the game at Kinnick on Nov. 23. :D
Neither. You're thinking about the 20 TD's Iowa has give up in the last four bowl games. In the games mentioned neither Nebraska or Iowa had a pulse.

Reactions: MadTownBad
Sounds like a job for Flick...posting a highlight reel of Iowa TDs verses kNebby over last three years. Hell, why not add the defensive one(s) as well.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Sounds like a job for Flick...posting a highlight reel of Iowa TDs verses kNebby over last three years. Hell, why not add the defensive one(s) as well.
It would probably be a classic in the vein of "Dumb or dumber" but would be titled "Weak and Weaker."

1-3 vs Pelini though who is now coaching at Youngstown St.
3-0 vs a career .500 coach in Riley must warm the cockles of ur hearts...lol

But hey the last 3 yrs was fun for ya, but something cough cough Frost tells me things are prob going to change.

Our guys are actually looking in better shape now that they are required to use the ol weight room, something Riley didnt make the guys do. (Which is one of the reasons I am guessing he was a career .500 coach.

But that prob wont matter though since u guys are just sooo good. :)

Seriously, when it comes to Nebraska....IF recruiting matters and IF coaching matters there is a 99% chance the Nebraska team Iowa plays going forward is nothing like the Nebraska team Iowa played the last 3 years.
It's simply a case of who does both better going forward. Fun times are ahead.

But hey the last 3 yrs was fun for ya, but something cough cough Frost tells me things are prob going to change.

Our guys are actually looking in better shape now that they are required to use the ol weight room, something Riley didnt make the guys do. (Which is one of the reasons I am guessing he was a career .500 coach.

I'm sure Frost will do fine at Nebraska. But please stop with the excuse that Riley didn't have his players lift weights. It makes you look pathetic.

I'm sure Frost will do fine at Nebraska. But please stop with the excuse that Riley didn't have his players lift weights. It makes you look pathetic.

Actually, it is kinda true that Ol Riley was very lax on making players "get after it" in the weight room. One of the nutrition evaluators even stated recently that there were several players that he thought were younger than they were because they were so behind in their weight training development that they had the look of frosh and spohs even though they may have been jrs and srs.

One thing is for sure, u are not going to compete at a high lvl in the b10 if ur not finding that weight room on the reg.

Thankfully that has changed. Maybe we wont give up half a hundred to u guys now.

Iows lost the 3 games by 7 pts on average. Each loss was close and could have gone either way with one loss in OT.

Iows lost the 3 games by 7 pts on average. Each loss was close and could have gone either way with one loss in OT.

True, but you still lost 3 out of 4 to a coach that no D1 schools would hire after he won 9 games a yr for 6 yrs. Aka he wasnt a very good coach in all reality.

Logic seems to dictate that a good coach would increase both the W L numbers for NU as well as those pesky margin of victory numbers. I feel Frost is in the good coach mold. IMHO

Player development and roster mangement was very poor under Pelini, and s&c and roster mgmt (among other things) was also very poor under Riley.

Frost has already in a short time proven to be much better of the roster mgmt and the s&c portion of things which would seem to bode well at least for NU, not so much for the Hawks.

Reactions: Scote Frost
Iowa has 5 wins since 1981, the other 11 were from Truman's early years in office on down.
If you're going to go that route, Nebraska has 6 wins since 1981 (one more than Iowa), the other 21 wins were from Truman's early years as president or before.

Let's be honest, an overwhelming majority of games between these two teams (35 of 48) were played before WWII ended - a majority of those games with leather helmets, almost a dozen prior to the advent of the forward pass.

Iowa's last win before 1981 was 1946. Not something to be proud of, just sayin!
This is misleading. No games were played between 1946 and 1979. The series ended in 1946 and resumed (intermittently) in 1979. Nebraska's last win before 1979 was 1945.

Iowa and Nebraska have played 13 games in the modern era (since 1979). Both sides have something to brag about. Nebraska is 8-5 overall in the modern era (1979-present). Iowa is 4-3 since Nebraska joined the B10 (2010-present).

If you're going to go that route, Nebraska has 6 wins since 1981 (one more than Iowa), the other 21 wins were from Truman's early years as president or before.

Let's be honest, an overwhelming majority of games between these two teams (35 of 48) were played before WWII ended - a majority of those games with leather helmets, almost a dozen prior to the advent of the forward pass.

This is misleading. No games were played between 1946 and 1979. The series ended in 1946 and resumed (intermittently) in 1979. Nebraska's last win before 1979 was 1945.

Iowa and Nebraska have played 13 games in the modern era (since 1979). Both sides have something to brag about. Nebraska is 8-5 overall in the modern era (1979-present). Iowa is 4-3 since Nebraska joined the B10 (2010-present).

Go easy with the facts. UNL fans can't get out of the 1990's.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Thank goodness all that nonsense is over. Iowa's MVP over the last 3 years = Mike Riley. I still think he was secretly on the Iowa payroll.

And here's what makes you look pathetic...the complete transformation of our entire roster, in terms of added muscle mass and body composition changes. Our players may have lifted under Riley's staff, but something has caused a dramatic change in our player's increases in muscle mass and significant decreases in body fat under this staff. That would indicate that not a lot of emphasis was being placed on lifting weights last year but Riley's staff.

They don’t have facts in Nebraska.

And here's what makes you look pathetic...the complete transformation of our entire roster, in terms of added muscle mass and body composition changes. Our players may have lifted under Riley's staff, but something has caused a dramatic change in our player's increases in muscle mass and significant decreases in body fat under this staff. That would indicate that not a lot of emphasis was being placed on lifting weights last year but Riley's staff.
Steroids? Win at all cost mentality that Frost and Co bring to Nebraska. Will be seeing you guys in the news in a few years for some sort of violation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT