ADVERTISEMENT

Inside the stats.

kylehawks

HB All-American
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2007
Iowa City
9-2 is a great feeling. I think all of us would have taken a 9-2 record at the beginning of the year. I know we all have been concerned about the running game and offense in general. I decided to look at the stats and see just how bad we have been. I think all of us would say Wiscky is the gold standard for running the football based on the equivalency of overall talent and offensive system. The the thing I noticed is how efficient Wisky is at running the ball and how bad our line has been this season at giving up negative running plays. Allen has 75 less attempts than T Good but has 117 more yards, that is an awful stat. In math terms T Good is averaging -1.56 yards per attempt on those extra 75 carries. This more than anything has to change going into next year. Iowa's line has to stop/reduce giving up negative run plays. Yesterday how many times did Goodson have a decent run then follows it up losing 2-3 yards on consecutive carries? Its shocking that TG is averaging 4.4 yards, he's just that good of a back. Imagine what he could do behind a competent o-line. The boys are giving it their all, they just are young and overmatched at some positions (Tackle). Hopefully we put it all together against the Huskers. GO Hawks!

Allen...........140 attempts = 1062 yards = 7.6 yard average
Goodson....215 attempts = 945 yards = 4.4 yard average

Iowa is 113th in the nation in rush offense with a 3.12 per carry average
Wisky is 9th in the nation in rush offense with a 5.07 per carry average.

Reactions: CaliHawk14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News