ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Basketball Does More With Less

Herklejerk

All-Conference
Jul 10, 2022

Michigan, UNC and Kansas are sort of head scratchers but I agree with most of both lists.

Last edited:
How are UNC, UM, KS and Baylor on the wrong side? Cheaters do more with less?

What, if anything, do you disagree with on the less with more side?

The less with more? I would say Kentucky has done more than fine. Duke? I would say they have had a lot of success. I didn't know Arizona state had than much talent. I'd say Arizona has been successful.

The other side is more of a joke. Villanova? Michigan? Kansas? Unc? Baylor? Wtf, these guys get elite/top talent

The less with more? I would say Kentucky has done more than fine. Duke? I would say they have had a lot of success. I didn't know Arizona state had than much talent. I'd say Arizona has been successful.

The other side is more of a joke. Villanova? Michigan? Kansas? Unc? Baylor? Wtf, these guys get elite/top talent
I agree. The five teams you mentioned, get what seems like, a good deal of the talent.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
I agree. The five teams you mentioned, get what seems like, a good deal of the talent.

Agree, 10 times more than the hawks get. And yeah iowa is right to be where there are I believe. But to say unc/Kansas/Villanova/ Baylor even Michigan aren't loaded with talent usually is just crazy talk

Last edited:
Agree, 10 times more than the hawks get. And yeah iowa is right to be where there are I believe. But to say unc/Kansas/Villanova/ Baylor even Michigan aren't loaded with talent usually is just crazy talk
I don't think the More With Less list is exclusively about talent. It includes schools that aren't considered traditional basketball powers, e.g. Baylor, Texas Tech; schools that aren't considered to have the "top of the line" facilities, or huge fan bases e.g., Villanova. Schools that are far away from recruiting hot beds, Creighton...etc.

Michigan lacks for nothing and never has. Putting them at #2 is beyond ridiculous.

The Less With More list includes programs that direct huge money into coaches, facilities, etc. with less than proportional results. That's why ASU and AZ are there Louisville should be on it. So should Illinois probably (for the same reasons Maryland made the list- $ and built-in recruiting advantages). IU should be much higher. Kentucky should be far and away #1. With their advantages and blank check, they should have a heck of a lot more recent hardware than they actually do.

Last edited:
The Mike Davis years hurt them, the Archie Miller years hurt them...
Indiana has become to basketball what Nebraska has become to football

Creen was particularly damaging in this regard though,.. Excellent recruiter, terrible developer of talent. He was able to do less with more, than any other coach I can think of.

I can't believe you guys are making me defend Baylor but they've really changed their recruiting strategy. If you look at the recruiting rankings of their NCAA champ team, there really isn't 5* guys on the team.

Reactions: Herklejerk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT