ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa cracks the preseason Top 25 (ESPN & Landof10)

Gersonde will be just fine. David Bradley sucked his freshman year too. The physical talent is not the issue. Top 10 nationally his Senior year of HS. They say lefty punters can cause returners problems with the opposite spin.
Gersonde punted well his freshman year. But he only punted 13 times.

Nothing about ISU yet? This thread sucks.

I'm trying to find the really compelling threads you've started about Iowa Football and I'm unable to. Should I keep looking, or are you just here to contribute nothing beyond snotty little attacks on people who aren't saying the things you want them to say?

He's paying for a scholarship so he's damn well going to play him apparently.

Although, the Stanley punt probably doesn't work so well when the other team is ready for it.

That's when you hit them with the TE dump pass in the middle of the field.

Also, Gersonde was quite good the few times we saw him. If he hadn't been injured for most of the season, I don't think we'd be talking about punting woes this offseason. As long as he's healthy next season we'll be in good shape.

FROST WARNING!!!!!!!
It is going to be so very enjoyable to reverse the past several years. Props to Iowa. You had a nice run while Nebraska Struggled finding their identity with substandard coaches. Alas, it is time for both programs to return to their rightful place. Nebraska will soon be returning to the top of the conference standings . The pesky Hawkeyes will find themselves dropping several spots in the pecking order . I, for one, can't wait.

Reactions: Hawks_R_8N5_again
It is going to be so very enjoyable to reverse the past several years. Props to Iowa. You had a nice run while Nebraska Struggled finding their identity with substandard coaches. Alas, it is time for both programs to return to their rightful place. Nebraska will soon be returning to the top of the conference standings . The pesky Hawkeyes will find themselves dropping several spots in the pecking order . I, for one, can't wait.

Hate to rain on your parade you are in the Big 10 now. Where you've only been on top of the Division once in 7 years. This isn't the old Big 8 days. So the "return to the their rightful places" shows the true hubris of your fan base. The fact that you haven't won a conference title this century and still think you belong on top. Times have changed, sorry...

But hey thanks for stopping by and letting us know your opinion and combing through threads to find one where Nebraska was mentioned to let us know how you feel.

Let's cut the crap with the "Struggled finding their identity with substandard coaches" nonsense.

Nebraska was the 16th ranked team in the country and Iowa shellacked them 40-10 in 2016.

Nebraska finished #25 and won 9 games in 2013 well into Bo Pelini's tenure - no identity searching going on there - and Iowa beat Nebraska by three touchdowns in Lincoln.

Further, Iowa was 4-8 with new coordinators on both sides of the ball as well as new position coaches everywhere, literally the definition of struggling to find their identity, in 2012, and we were marching on the games final drive to beat #14 Nebraska before throwing an INT. In 2014, Pelini's last win against Iowa came in overtime.

When Nebraska is at its best, the games are close. The Hawkeyes have blown Nebraska out when the Huskers are both good and bad. Nebraska hasn't won by a comfortable margin over Iowa in 18 years. I look for this to continue.

Last edited:
No. Props to little brother for hanging in there without criminals blanketing your roster. Steroids may still be your drug of choice, but at least it is kept quiet these days. Thanks for visiting our website little brother. Jealousy is a tough pill to swallow at times. Are you looking forward to your yearly spanking?

Early prediction for Iowa/Neb 2018 box score?

Why would husker fans ruin ever IOWA thread? Most our topics have nothing to do with you guys, every year you guys come here and brag about your 4 star recruits. This year it’s “5 star coach” Frost, then you have literally been destroyed by us 3 years in a row. I mean the score of the last two games combined is 96-24.

That is so bad that I would never show up and post on another teams board ever. Of course I’ve never posted on another board anyways but still.....wow!!!

Why would husker fans ruin every IOWA thread? Most our topics have everything to do with you guys, every year you guys come here and brag about your 4 star recruits. This year it’s “5 star coach” Frost, then you have literally been destroyed by us 3 years in a row. I mean the score of the last two games combined is 96-24.

That is so bad that I would never show up and post on another teams board ever. Of course I’ve never posted on another board anyways but still.....wow!!!
FIFY
Please see the second post in this thread and several after. You act like you never expect the hawks to beat the huskers. If my team had an all time losing record to another team as bad as the hawks do to the huskers I’d keep to my own board. KF has a losing record against Nebraska.

FIFY
Please see the second post in this thread and several after. You act like you never expect the hawks to beat the huskers. If my team had an all time losing record to another team as bad as the hawks do to the huskers I’d keep to my own board. KF has a losing record against Nebraska.

You posted this 6 minutes after I posted a message the forum stalking is starting to get really creepy by you guys.

Print up those 2018 Big Ten champs shirts. Kids in Somalia can always use more clothes.
Ring a bell Rog? Got nothing, you suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: R0CKY M0UNTAIN HAWK
Point taken but made in a highly insensitive manner. Kids there could use alot more than clothes, mainly the end of foreign meddling in their countries affairs. I just watched a vid about the situation there. The suffering of the children is the most heartbreaking part.

On to the ranking bit, I won't pay an ounce of attention to any ranking we have until November. Then it might mean something.
yea those suffering children who plant 100s of IEDs a day and act as spotters for snipers.

but You Huskers sure count those wins over Iowa in Ferentz's first seasons at Iowa when Iowa was playing with 260 lb OL and walk ons . But want to give the bad coaching excuse for the Iowa wins lately .

It's @H8FULLGR8 posing as me.

He has more handles here than dead hookers in his basement.

Blackleaf40™ = The real deal

@Blackleaf4O, @Blackleef40, @Troll_4_Facts, @Hawks_R_8N5_again = @H8FULLGR8 personas.

Weirdly, he has about twice that many handles he uses here.

Stolen Valor.
He’s using my name as well & liking everything. Probably posting some stupid stuff as well.

I haven’t dominated a human being like I’ve dominated him ever in my life! And I love it!

To put it in football terms: I’m Iowa & he’s Neb. It’s 56-14 early in the 4th quarter but I’m not sure I’m going to call off the dogs like KF did ;)

TNB!!!

He’s using my name as well & liking everything. Probably posting some stupid stuff as well.

I haven’t dominated a human being like I’ve dominated him ever in my life! And I love it!

To put it in football terms: I’m Iowa & he’s Neb. It’s 56-14 early in the 4th quarter but I’m not sure I’m going to call off the dogs like KF did ;)

TNB!!!

Agreed. I feel very satisfied he's been reduced to desperately imitating other peoples handles just to be able to post here.

We own space in his head and there wasn't much there to begin with.

Certainly other Husker posters have to be embarrassed by this.

You never served. Stolen valor. One would think the Iowa mods would object to such behavior. I have my DD214 showing my honorable discharge. Love owning @Blackleaf40 and @ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK on this board.
Pretty obvious who owns whom. Granted It’s pretty hard to tell if this board is about Iowa football or Nebraska football, but holy cow these Iowa boys sure like a verbal beating.
Now wrestling there’s a true sport for Iowa boys.

Reactions: WrasslingSchool
FIFY
we are 4-4 vs you since 2000
and have a winning record vs you since you joined b1g
but keep living in the past bud.......

Reactions: Blackleaf40
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT