ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has led 30 of 165 minutes

Seems about right. I wonder if we have had over a 3 point lead in the 2nd half of any of the last 4 games...

Yikes. I like that this team is somehow winning games despite playing some poor basketball right now but it seems like this trend could lead to some trouble come B1G and NCAA tournament time.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
How many times do people have to be reminded that no team has ever played great every game? Iowa is in a shooting slump, but it keeps winning anyway. What that really means is that, once they break out, you'd better not be in their way. In the meantime, there are only about 354 teams in the country who wish they had JB on their side, and about 330 who wish they had Iowa's record.

How many times do people have to be reminded that no team has ever played great every game? Iowa is in a shooting slump, but it keeps winning anyway. What that really means is that, once they break out, you'd better not be in their way. In the meantime, there are only about 354 teams in the country who wish they had JB on their side, and about 330 who wish they had Iowa's record.
Exactly! If Iowa is still winning 75% of their games in this slump imagine what will happen when they start getting 3-4 more threes to drop! Defense has grown quite a bit too (key rebounding still needs some work).

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
While it would be much better for my heart & health - not to mention helping Iowa's computer rankings & stats - to see the Hawks win these games by more comfortable margins...........

These results are huge for the tournament(s) coming up. In win-or-go-home contests, the team needs to have faith and confidence it can battle in close games and hit big shots in high pressure situations. JBo is proving he can definitely do that last thing. If they could start rebounding the ball and limit turnovers & defensive breakdowns better, they'll be just about where they need to be in terms of dealing with "last shot, wins" games and situations when it'll matter most [in B1G & NCAA tournaments].

and are 3-1 in that stretch!!!! That’s some quick semi sober math so feel free to challenge it but heck yeah baby!!! 21 wins is fantastic
Winning is preferred, but let's look at the competition. We should be winning some of these games by double digits if we were really a good team, especially when at home.

So many good not great teams in the conference, 20 game schedule means they have so much tape on each other, They all know each other’s strengths and warts inside and out, Iowa is surviving a lull in which they aren’t shooting well, No doubt in my mind that in years past the Hawks would have fallen head first into the February swoon, This year they compete till the end and don’t hang their heads when shots aren’t falling.

Winning is preferred, but let's look at the competition. We should be winning some of these games by double digits if we were really a good team, especially when at home.
Kind of like the wins against ISU and Michigan or those don’t count anymore?

and are 3-1 in that stretch!!!! That’s some quick semi sober math so feel free to challenge it but heck yeah baby!!! 21 wins is fantastic
Love the fact that we can win the close ones. This wasn't the fact in the recent path. These kids have to know now whatever the situation they can win. Sure I would love them to blowout teams but winning close games are always good wins

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Love the fact that we can win the close ones. This wasn't the fact in the recent path. These kids have to know now whatever the situation they can win. Sure I would love them to blowout teams but winning close games are always good wins
Recent past not recent path

While that may me true, I think the comebacks and close finishes will be of benefit in the postseason.

My sense is that the numbers would look much different in recent history. Playing poorly for a big chunk of the game, but staying within striking distance and pulling it out at the end is much better than being on the other side.

Reactions: HawkBall23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT