ADVERTISEMENT

iowa has played no good teams beside Iowa St.

No I didn't do the calculations. I got the information from guy that provides it to a subscription site. If he wanted to provide the information to this free site, that's up to the content owner and that isn't me.
Wow, that's crazy that even the computers know it's your Super Bowl.

No I didn't do the calculations. I got the information from guy that provides it to a subscription site. If he wanted to provide the information to this free site, that's up to the content owner and that isn't me.
Lets see.....these numbers and a $1 won't get you jack crap down at the market. ISU is not good, have not been good, will not be good. They have a well below average HC and DC. You either win or lose...has absolutely nothing to do with a schedule that was made up 5+ years in advance. Get better. A new HC next year will change nothing for the Cyclones...history tends to repeat itself.

I have not expressed my opinions in this thread but people sure like to throw rotten tomatoes at me. I was just responding to the title of the original post in this thread with some objective computer data. You can choose not to agree with that data, as admittedly it is early in the season, but your attacks on me personally are unnecessary.

There is a pattern here also. I know a guy that posted similar computer data here in the past and he was attacked and eventually banned.

9cbebeb0b11575933b48513c41194e95.jpg

Even the dog is laughing at this one.

I have not expressed my opinions in this thread but people sure like to throw rotten tomatoes at me. I was just responding to the title of the original post in this thread with some objective computer data. You can choose not to agree with that data, as admittedly it is early in the season, but your attacks on me personally are unnecessary.

There is a pattern here also. I know a guy that posted similar computer data here in the past and he was attacked and eventually banned.
When all else fails make up the he SOS for the clones.

Only simply asking what the site is that your info comes from.....not too difficult

"Objective computer data" that no one but you can see. Hopefully you realize how stupid that sounds. If there is computer data you want to use in your argument then throw out the website or how it is calculated.

"Objective computer data" that no one but you can see. Hopefully you realize how stupid that sounds. If there is computer data you want to use in your argument then throw out the website or how it is calculated.

...and isu fans can't figure out why they are laughed at and not taken seriously.

Iowa State's opponents are 18-10, and Iowa's opponents are 18-14. Of course, Iowa State's opponents are 3-2 against ISU, making their record excluding Iowa State 15-8. Iowa's opponents are 0-6 against Iowa, making their record excluding Iowa 18-8.

So, if Iowa State has a tougher schedule than Iowa, it's for two reasons.
A. Iowa State's opponents get wins when they play ISU, while Iowa's opponents get losses when they play Iowa, and
B. Iowa played Iowa State, while Iowa State played Iowa.

It is not on a website. It is part of a massive spreadsheet that is occasionally posted on a subscription site. It used to be posted here, but the publisher was attacked and eventually banned, so you can blame your board administrators for you not having access to it. If my stating that gets me banned also, so be it.

Iowa State's opponents are 18-10, and Iowa's opponents are 18-14. Of course, Iowa State's opponents are 3-2 against ISU, making their record excluding Iowa State 15-8. Iowa's opponents are 0-6 against Iowa, making their record excluding Iowa 18-8.

So, if Iowa State has a tougher schedule than Iowa, it's for two reasons.
A. Iowa State's opponents get wins when they play ISU, while Iowa's opponents get losses when they play Iowa, and
B. Iowa played Iowa State, while Iowa State played Iowa.
Kansas is bad. Without Kansas, ISU opponents (adjusting your calculation) is 18-5. Going forward, since we are now playing conference games, this way of comparing records is increasingly meaningless. Once conference teams play each other it's a zero sum game that starts to wash out the non-conference records and trend toward a 0.500 record. For Iowa's conference opponents, they will most likely be below 0.500 because you are going to beat most of them. For ISU they will most likely be above 0.500 because ISU will likely lose to most of them. Your second comment is valid and contributes to schedule difficulty. At the end of the year, ISU will have been favored in only 2 games. But the gap between those teams which ISU already beat and the next worst on the schedule is a huge gap. Most of the others are either in or close to the top 25. Three were in the top 10 the last I looked, but I'm not sure how far OU has fallen this week.

Clone fans are a hilarious group. When Sagarin says what they like it is gospel and can not be argued with. When Sagarin doesn't say what they like they search the ends of the earth until they find what they do like. Of course once the new metric or guru says isu isn't as clone fans state it must be ditched immediately and the cycle begins anew.

Anything is better than admitting that iowa state is well iowa state.

Last edited:
It's a shame ISU has had the toughest SOS for last 100+ years. Cause that's what's holding them down from winning a conference title and rarely finishing above .500 overall and in conference for past century....

Reactions: HerkyFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT