ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa High School State Semifinal Matchups

Go Tigers! Crazy -- they've had some incredible teams fall short of the finals, and now this most unlikely of groups actually makes it, with a wild comeback win over Dowling, of all people. Now let's go shock the world and win it all.
That is crazy, Valley barely made the playoffs with a horrible start to the season and are now in the finals. Gary Swenson has to be considered as one of the greatest High School coaches in the state.

Remsen St Mary’s gonna roll with 2nd fewest kids (49) in the state.
It is funny a school their size has had such a dominant run in athletics the last several years.

And it's not even due to any one thing in particular, like they have some super secret training method that makes them superior to all other small class programs, or that they even just train and practice harder than all the other kids in small class Iowa, or that their facilities are better, or their coaching staffs are doing a better job, or their travel programs are better, or that they are borderline obsessive with their younger/feeder programs to "build for the future" like Newell-Fonda girls sports is (although there's nothing borderline about that example at all just sayin.....................)

It is quite simply unexplainable, especially when you consider the other fact that a town of their size also feeds kids into a shared public school program...................

And all that to say that RSM will most likely roll in next week's title game.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
It is funny a school their size has had such a dominant run in athletics the last several years.

And it's not even due to any one thing in particular, like they have some super secret training method that makes them superior to all other small class programs, or that they even just train and practice harder than all the other kids in small class Iowa, or that their facilities are better, or their coaching staffs are doing a better job, or their travel programs are better, or that they are borderline obsessive with their younger/feeder programs to "build for the future" like Newell-Fonda girls sports is (although there's nothing borderline about that example at all just sayin.....................)

It is quite simply unexplainable, especially when you consider the other fact that a town of their size also feeds kids into a shared public school program...................

And all that to say that RSM will most likely roll in next week's title game.
I would imagine St Mary’s has 8 out of 10 boys playing 3 sports or more. They understand that with 12 boys per class you have to play football even if you think you’re a basketball player. You have to give up your summer for baseball even tho you really only like football. They are in the post season in football, basketball then baseball so it’s 100% sports year round. Quite a run.

I would imagine St Mary’s has 8 out of 10 boys playing 3 sports or more. They understand that with 12 boys per class you have to play football even if you think you’re a basketball player. You have to give up your summer for baseball even tho you really only like football. They are in the post season in football, basketball then baseball so it’s 100% sports year round. Quite a run.
Well then fire somebody so they can stop winning.....

5A is SEP to lose, yeah? Aren’t they defending champs, as well?
Valley seems to have put things together after slow start to the season, so who knows, but my money would be on SEP. 4A should be another good one between Xavier and Lewis Central but I think LC will be too much. Britt and Grundy Center will be another great contrast in styles, will be fun to watch but I think Britt ends up running through them. I can't see Van Meter losing to anyone in 1A.

This is just a cluster. How about 3/4 classes for some real competition.
Dowling will win it again yawn
Xavier recruits well yawn
Harlan will clock run everyone is 3A which is really 1A now yawn
Van Meter/Waukee JV yawn
Grundy Center yawn
Remsen 8 man two yawns make it three
Name one player that Xavier recruited, I’ll wait.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT