ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Highschool Tournament

Unless something miraculous happens, it looks like Hagarty might need some surgery and be damaged goods by the time he gets to Ames.
Shoulder problems are a BIG deal.

Feel bad for the young man.

Freshman from Ames beat a very injured Haggerty and celebrated like he beat a healthy one. It was off putting.

That freshman will face Ross tomorrow and likely eat a healthy serving a humble pie. The poster that mentioned Kueter almost certainly meant Ross.
I believe it was 3-2 match for Ross in a prior meeting. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 2 freshman 195lbers meeting in the finals. Wild.

Freshman from Ames beat a very injured Haggerty and celebrated like he beat a healthy one. It was off putting.

That freshman will face Ross tomorrow and likely eat a healthy serving a humble pie. The poster that mentioned Kueter almost certainly meant Ross.
That freshman that faces Ross is a cousin? of ISU's 149. Ross narrowly beat him earlier this season. Two very different body types to be sure.

A FRESHMAN in high school showing emotion for making the finals at the Iowa State Tourney? Did he puff his chest and celebrate more than an adult would hope? Probably. But give the kid a break. He made the state finals. It’s not his fault Hagerty hurt his shoulder.

A FRESHMAN in high school showing emotion for making the finals at the Iowa State Tourney? Did he puff his chest and celebrate more than an adult would hope? Probably. But give the kid a break. He made the state finals. It’s not his fault Hagerty hurt his shoulder.
I said it was off putting, not a disgrace. Let’s not get dramatic here. Clearly Haggerty was injured. So, watching the kid celebrate like that was an odd juxtaposition. I’m sure he felt great beating him but that ain’t the same dude! That’s all I’m saying.

My point is very simple, private schools in or near more densely populated areas have a distinct advantage over typical Class A schools located in more remote sections of the state. Their geographic area (recruiting base) includes more potential students. Simply pooling fact. Their actual enrollment size is irrelevant and should not be a deciding factor in what class they are in. How can this be resolved? I have no clue other than they should never be in the smallest class.

Well good for you but perhaps instead of shoving words in someone’s mouth, instead you simply explain yourself. You might find that people don’t need to be convinced of anything and actually agree with you. Maybe.

doesn't he go to the consolation bracket?

Literally no one who actually watched that match or the quarters expects to see him wrestle tomorrow.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Both his matches were the same. Ref blows the whistle, he walks over to the guy and throws them down on the mat, then automatically moves into cradle for the pin.
God I hope he chooses to wrestle for Iowa!! I’m afraid he’s going to choose the football route and not do both which would suck so bad!!

He’ll see the field right away in football probably on special teams….. Ferentz rarely redshirts kids that talented anymore cause they usually leave early anyway…….

that’s actually kind of ideal cause a year in the football strength program will give him time to grow into a Heavyweight ….. they’ll put 20 pounds on him and improve his athleticismD

Does Bk have a full football scholly and walk on for wrestling? If so I think KF will decide what Keuter does or doesn't do for wrestling.

Unless something miraculous happens, it looks like Hagarty might need some surgery and be damaged goods by the time he gets to Ames.

kinda reminds me of Kem in his last year the way the left arm was useless.

you hate isu so much you can barely conceal your glee that he’s hurt?

btw, not always. spencer tore his labrum in high school. hasn’t had an issue since (knock on wood).

Gotta feel for Brent Slade from SEP. This kid is very talented and underrated when it comes to discussion of the high end kids in the state. Last year he got sick and missed the end of the season. This year got called for a slam and the other kid passed on continuing the match. Then wrestles next match and wins 1-0 to make the finals.

Private vs. public.. Keep in mind that sometimes it just isn’t about sports either…. Especially in today’s world. And public schools recruit as much, or more, and than catholic/private.
That isn't apples to apples IMO. Private schools have more control over enrollment. A few years ago a family of 3 non athletes transferred to Highland Riverside. That bumped them up a class into Iowa City Reginas district. I don't think the sports minded private school is going to allow themselves to be the smallest school in their respective class. In the case of Highland it didn't matter because they were terrible in either class. I don't blame any parent for sending their kid to a private school. Especially if there isn't a decent public around. I believe your nephew is going private and I think that's great due to his other options. We were fortunate to have what I feel was a great public option.

Gotta feel for Brent Slade from SEP. This kid is very talented and underrated when it comes to discussion of the high end kids in the state. Last year he got sick and missed the end of the season. This year got called for a slam and the other kid passed on continuing the match. Then wrestles next match and wins 1-0 to make the finals.
Any video of the slam?

That isn't apples to apples IMO. Private schools have more control over enrollment. A few years ago a family of 3 non athletes transferred to Highland Riverside. That bumped them up a class into Iowa City Reginas district. I don't think the sports minded private school is going to allow themselves to be the smallest school in their respective class. In the case of Highland it didn't matter because they were terrible in either class. I don't blame any parent for sending their kid to a private school. Especially if there isn't a decent public around. I believe your nephew is going private and I think that's great due to his other options. We were fortunate to have what I feel was a great public option.
For sure.. We’d LOVE to have Lisbon in our backyard.

If you want to bring in an under the radar guy with a high ceiling to compete at 174/184 I think Brent Slade would be a good get. I think he has way more upside than a few of the guys they brought in this year just on athletic ability. Bonus is his sister will be a hammer on the women's side in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT