ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa makes BTT

StormHawk42

HR Legend
Nov 3, 2009
With NW’s loss. Could be wrong but I think #7 seed against Mich at 1 pm Wednesday.

Not holding out much hope but...

350.png

Reactions: Franisdaman
Michigan is a tough task...I don’t think Iowa has ever beaten Michigan in a conference tournament of any type in recent memory.

So what if NW had won yesterday? Lots of confusion, 4 way tie and RPI was tiebreaker or what? In that case perhaps Iowa would've gotten #7 seed?

So what if NW had won yesterday? Lots of confusion, 4 way tie and RPI was tiebreaker or what? In that case perhaps Iowa would've gotten #7 seed?
I think it goes to record against the other tie breaker teams but could be wrong. Certainly sounded like Iowa would be out if NW had won.

From the “Searching for a Silver Lining” category ... I’d rather have Iowa face #1 Indiana with its top starter (McDonald) than Baumann or Judkins. As a #4 or #5, if they won game one, they’d get Indiana and be throwing their #2.

Weather will be a factor on Thursday and yes I am looking ahead, but if Iowa finds a way to win and gets postponed to Friday do you throw Judkins?

From the “Searching for a Silver Lining” category ... I’d rather have Iowa face #1 Indiana with its top starter (McDonald) than Baumann or Judkins. As a #4 or #5, if they won game one, they’d get Indiana and be throwing their #2.
do we have enough pitching to win the BTT?

On May 8 we were ranked #24 in the country, our RPI was 57 and we were projected as a 3 seed (in the top 48 of the 64 team field) in the NCAA Tournament.

On May 18, 10 days later, we complete a 5 game losing streak and we barely squeak into the B1G Tournament.

And now we need to win the BTT to make the NCAA tournament.

All that great work this season...winning series against Illinois, Debbie, UC Irvine and Oklahoma State...has gone down the drain.

That's sports, I guess.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
On May 8 we were ranked #24 in the country, our RPI was 57 and we were projected as a 3 seed (in the top 48 of the 64 team field) in the NCAA Tournament.

On May 18, 10 days later, we complete a 5 game losing streak and we barely squeak into the B1G Tournament.

All that great work this season...winning series against Illinois, Debbie, UC Irvine and Oklahoma State...has gone down the drain.

That's sports, I guess.

This years collapse was much worse than last year. Yeah we lost 2/3 to NW last year which significantly dipped our RPI. Iowa followed that up by sweeping Penn StAte who was so awful our RPI fell a bit more forcing them to have to win In the tournament. You Sweep anyone else other than PSU last year and your RPI improves.

That's sports, I guess.
"That's baseball." - Coach Heller, probably

"That's baseball." - Coach Heller, probably
think of preseason predictions

and then think of the injuries

did Iowa exceed expectations?

remember, just 10 days ago people at D1baseball were saying Heller might win B1G coach of the year; THEY were that IMPRESSED by THE JOB he had done

Now Iowa fans are going to do an about face & bash Heller & say he did a horrible job this season?

Reactions: oxHawk

remember, just 10 days ago people at D1baseball were saying Heller might win B1G coach of the year; THEY were that IMPRESSED by THE JOB he had done

Now Iowa fans are going to do an about face & bash Heller & say he did a horrible job this season?
I haven't seen anyone bashing Heller, anywhere.

I haven't seen anyone bashing Heller, anywhere.
It might not be direct, but it's at least indirect.

I keep hearing the words "this year's collapse...."

Look at post 16 above for the latest example.

The buck and "this year's collapse" stops with Heller.

"This year's collapse" is not exactly a great way to describe the job Heller did and the overall season, but that's just my opinion.

The only ones I’ve seen talk about how terrible they are would be asshats who never follow Baseball.

It might not be direct, but it's at least indirect.

I keep hearing the words "this year's collapse...."

Look at post 16 above for the latest example.

The buck and "this year's collapse" stops with Heller.

"This year's collapse" is not exactly a great way to describe the job Heller did and the overall season, but that's just my opinion.
They did flame out pretty spectacularly this season. Like Heller said, they picked a really bad time of the year to have a downturn. These kids have a ton of fight in them. Hopefully that carries over to Omaha and they figure out the pitching so they can make a run at it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT