ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offers Class of 2025 Iose Epenesa (pronounced Yo-say)

I’m more worried about losing Levar or KB when it comes to Iose’s recruitment

Not that much of a difference really. NOW how about making road games to at least the midwest B1G teams and then compare those to SEC road visits for Mizzou. How about now?
I'm not arguing with you.
Your original comment was distance from home to IC vs Columbia.

Yes.
It was going to happen.
The chanting was pure classless braindead dipshits.
Major CFB is a results driven business. People pay a lot of money to go watch the game. If they want to boo an awful product... so what. Brian was paid a lot of money to be awful.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Yep
Good dude.
Issue is also the fire brian crap coming from the stands last year. He realizes alot of the idiots on here are clown and bugeaters but that happening in kinnick has soured alot of players, former players and coaches.
Iowa has classless fans, so we’re going with Missouri….yeah, that’s not rational.

Reactions: savage84
Good God—can we go after the guy trying to block the shot? He looks like a full-grown man!!!!
Check his ID.
Travel-Ball-Parents-I-am-12.jpg.7823cc82d1404742dec20bf3c7d23d4a.jpg

Brian's gone, a new OC hired and this board still can't let it go. Stop looking in your rear view mirror, you'll miss everything ahead of you.

Last edited:
Major CFB is a results driven business. People pay a lot of money to go watch the game. If they want to boo an awful product... so what. Brian was paid a lot of money to be awful.
Got it.
Did it change anything?
Did it possibly have negative outcomes?
We’ll see on question #2.

I don’t think that’s true, Kirk was going to go to bat for him, blaming injuries for the lack of production
I'm not buying that. I think Kirk knew the 25 points per game was a death nil for Brian. Plus, they had already cut his pay. I believe at YE, he would have accepted a change because the offense was not good.

Having BF stay longer than he should has likely hurt recruiting.

That will have longer term effects.

• Haha
Reactions: PIEPI
Seriously... were the fans chanting this wrong? I mean we were a national punch line for the past 2 years. It was bad. Brian needed to go after 2022. Loyalty is one thing, production is another.
No shit. I don't boo the home team under any circumstances, but those chants would have occurred in any stadium with any fanbase under the same circumstances. Only a whole lot louder.

No shit. I don't boo the home team under any circumstances, but those chants would have occurred in any stadium with any fanbase under the same circumstances. Only a whole lot louder.
So you don’t boo ‘under any circumstance’ but you’re fine with the people who do? Lol okay.

I think it’s wild so many of you just assume that the players knew the boos and chants were solely for Brian and not for them as well.

They are a team. I know a lot of you don’t understand that concept, but with any tight-nit team, you mess with one and you’re messing with them all. That includes BF, as we saw by the players’ reactions after his last game in Kinnick.

So you don’t boo ‘under any circumstance’ but you’re fine with the people who do? Lol okay.

I think it’s wild so many of you just assume that the players knew the boos and chants were solely for Brian and not for them as well.

They are a team. I know a lot of you don’t understand that concept, but with any tight-nit team, you mess with one and you’re messing with them all. That includes BF, as we saw by the players’ reactions after his last game in Kinnick.
The chants were literally fire Brian, and there was a banner on the north end zone presented multiple times. I don't think there are any misconceptions what it was about.

The chants were literally fire Brian, and there was a banner on the north end zone presented multiple times. I don't think there are any misconceptions what it was about.
Lots of players on that team would strongly disagree with you. Good teams don’t put the blame on one person, they knew they weren’t getting it done either.

Again, mess with one and you have to deal with them all. That’s the product of a strong, healthy team environment.

Reactions: PIEPI

Reading is fundamental. Didn't say I was OK with it. I said it wasn't unique to Iowa given the circumstances. Coaches son leading worst in country offense that had become a national punchline for 3 years straight. Anybody suggesting that this reaction wouldn't have occurred in every other stadium is living in an alternative reality.

Oh. LOL.

Lots of players on that team would strongly disagree with you. Good teams don’t put the blame on one person, they knew they weren’t getting it done either.
Good teams blame one person all of the time, this is why there is rapid turnover/promotion of coordinators at the blue blood schools.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
There had to be, at least quietly among themselves... resentment from the defense towards the offense.

Reactions: kkhawk
Reading is fundamental. Didn't say I was OK with it. I said it wasn't unique to Iowa given the circumstances. Coaches son leading worst in country offense that had become a national punchline for 3 years straight. Anybody suggesting that this reaction wouldn't have occurred in every other stadium is living in an alternative reality.

Oh. LOL.
Oh, I totally believe you that you never boo lol.

And I never said it wouldn’t happen anywhere else. I explained why the players hold grudges against the fans for booing, even if it’s not directly at them.

You and I obviously have very different opinions on what ‘rapid turnover’ is lol
Bama has replaced an OC in each of the last 3 offseason, Ohio State has promoted a WR coach to assistant OC, replaced their play caller this year, LSU has replaced their DC every year since 2020 with house being the only guy to stick around for a 2nd season. He was just fired this year. USC, has been a carousel lately. So I guess I'm not sure if you are delusional, or just out of touch.

Bama has replaced an OC in each of the last 3 offseason, Ohio State has promoted a WR coach to assistant OC, replaced their play caller this year, LSU has replaced their DC every year since 2020 with house being the only guy to stick around for a 2nd season. He was just fired this year. USC, has been a carousel lately. So I guess I'm not sure if you are delusional, or just out of touch.
You’re acting as if Bama is turning over OC’s every other year because they are failing. Locksley took a HC position, O’Brian took the Pat’s OC job, and Stark is HC at Texas. Coaches leaving for better positions typically means they were successful at their last stop.

It also looks like Lincoln Riley has fired one assistant (Grinch) since he got to USC. I understand it’s only two seasons, but in what world is that viewed as a carousel?

I’ll give you LSU’s DC situation but I’m not finding any evidence that LSU fans were chanting to have any of them fired during a home game. Can you link me to that vid?

You’re acting as if Bama is turning over OC’s every other year because they are failing. Locksley took a HC position, O’Brian took the Pat’s OC job, and Stark is HC at Texas. Coaches leaving for better positions typically means they were successful at their last stop.

It also looks like Lincoln Riley has fired one assistant (Grinch) since he got to USC. I understand it’s only two seasons, but in what world is that viewed as a carousel?

I’ll give you LSU’s DC situation but I’m not finding any evidence that LSU fans were chanting to have him fired during a home game. Can you link me to that vid?
I'm not acting, I presented it to you directly, I am not going to go back and fourth. I provided you exactly what you needed any you are trying to move the goal posts. Care to go further, or maybe just admit you are wrong.

I'm not acting, I presented it to you directly, I am not going to go back and fourth. I provided you exactly what you needed any you are trying to move the goal posts. Care to go further, or maybe just admit you are wrong.

Did you even read the article you posted?

“Fire Brian Kelly" chants catch fire online as LSU gets handed a frustrating defeat by Nick Saban's Alabama in Week 10”

It’s literally in the title lol.

Dumbass fans posting on Twitter and message board is much different than booing the coach (and team) and chanting for their firing in your own stadium. There’s no moving the goalposts, you just can’t back up what you claimed, which was that good teams publicaly put the blame on one person all the time. You’re wrong and haven’t proven a thing with your responses but whatever.

which was that good teams publicaly put the blame on one person all the time. You’re wrong and haven’t proven a thing with your responses but whatever.
How does firing a coordinator not publicly put blame on one person? I will put the phone down and listen.

Reactions: Birky
How does firing a coordinator not publicly put blame on one person? I will put the phone down and listen.
Coaches get fired all the time - that doesn’t equate to the other coaches and players putting all the blame on that one person. There will always be the fall-guy.

Brian Kelly never came out and said “we didn’t meet our goals this year as a team and it’s all because of Matt House.” It doesn’t appear any of their players felt that way either.

From an outside, pea-brained fan perspective, sure, but nobody in a good program with a solid team culture would ever put the entire blame on one person. It’s a team effort, which is why our players were pissed that our fans went after one of their own.

Coaches get fired all the time - that doesn’t equate to the other coaches and players putting all the blame on that one person. There will always be the fall-guy.

Brian Kelly never came out and said “we didn’t meet our goals this year as a team and it’s all because of Matt House.” It doesn’t appear any of their players felt that way either.

From an outside, pea-brained fan perspective, sure, but nobody in a good program with a solid team culture would ever put the entire blame on one person. It’s a team effort, which is why our players were pissed that our fans went after one of their own.
Kirk never came out and said we didn't meet our goals this year. He would have kept Brian on staff. These are things that do not need to be stated. Firing a coordinator, illustrates that the scheme/play calling is not working. Ryan Day lost one regular season game last year, and you can bet there was direct pressure for him to find a play caller. This is non-sense.

Reactions: jonesy5960
Kirk never came out and said we didn't meet our goals this year. He would have kept Brian on staff. These are things that do not need to be stated. Firing a coordinator, illustrates that the scheme/play calling is not working. Ryan Day lost one regular season game last year, and you can bet there was direct pressure for him to find a play caller. This is non-sense.
Lol wrong again.

He kept him last year, and there was no evidence he was looking to replace him. Also, why not converse about the bottom point?
Because the statement in question is that the coaches and players in good programs blame one person for their shortcomings all the time. That’s not even remotely close to what happened at tOSU with Day’s play calling, so I chose to ignore it rather than call it out.

Because the statement in question is that the coaches and players in good programs blame one person for their shortcomings all the time. That’s not even remotely close to what happened at tOSU with Day’s play calling, so I chose to ignore it rather than call it out.
No coach is going to come out and blame a specific coordinator. I don't know what type of world you live in, but there is no logical person that would work for that individual if that were to happen. Coordinators are blamed publicly by being fired. It is truly that simple. I don't know what type of Lala land you live in, but being pragmatic is not a difficult concept. Day's inability to beat Michigan is directly what forced him to bring in O'Brien as a play caller. I'll let you get the last word in, as I am getting bored AF talking to you.

No coach is going to come out and blame a specific coordinator. I don't know what type of world you live in, but there is no logical person that would work for that individual if that were to happen. Coordinators are blamed publicly by being fired. It is truly that simple. I don't know what type of Lala land you live in, but being pragmatic is not a difficult concept. Day's inability to beat Michigan is directly what forced him to bring in O'Brien as a play caller.
Dude, this entire conversation started because Iowa players were pissed that our fans attacked their coach in our own stadium. That’s a fact.

He didn’t just get fired, the fanbase completely turned on him and it has resulted in several of you spending every waking hour shitting on KF and the program. BF had to go but the players see these actions from the fanbase and they have every right to feel the way they do.

Don’t justify shitty behavior with the tired “but everyone does it” bullshit. You haven’t been able to provide one example of another fanbase booing and chanting to fire an assistant coach the way Iowa fans did several times this season. Iowa’s offense was embarrassing but our fans were even worse.

You’ve spent the last two hours trying to justify that behavior by pointing to Alabama and tOSU. There’s only one person here living in La-La land and it’s not me.

Have a good rest of your day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT