ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offers Class of 2025 Iose Epenesa (pronounced Yo-say)

Dude, this entire conversation started because Iowa players were pissed that our fans attacked their coach in our own stadium. That’s a fact.

He didn’t just get fired, the fanbase completely turned on him and it has resulted in several of you spending every waking hour shitting on KF and the program. BF had to go but the players see these actions from the fanbase and they have every right to feel the way they do.

Don’t justify shitty behavior with the tired “but everyone does it” bullshit. You haven’t been able to provide one example of another fanbase booing and chanting to fire an assistant coach the way Iowa fans did several times this season. Iowa’s offense was embarrassing but our fans were even worse.

You’ve spent the last two hours trying to justify that behavior by pointing to Alabama and tOSU. There’s only one person here living in La-La land and it’s not me.

Have a good rest of your day.
I too felt horrible for the young men and coaches who chose to be here when the fans at Kinnick would boo, no matter how targeted the chants were. Yes the production and numbers speak for themselves and everyone on the staff including the head Hawkeye have a job to do...it is just cringe worthy. I can't imagine how the team felt. Much of it came from the student section, but much of it came from grown men and women swearing at the top of their lungs with no regards to little kids nor the elderly sitting close by. We are all Hawkeyes, on Iowa and Go Hawks forever. Yes you have every right, you know who you are.

Last edited:
I too felt horrible for the young men and coaches who chose to be here when the fans at Kinnick would boo, no matter how targeted the chants were. Yes the production and numbers speak for themselves and everyone on the staff including the head Hawkeye have a job to do...it is just cringe worthy. I can't imagine how the team felt. Much of it came from the student section, but much of it came from grown men and women swearing at the top of their lungs with no regards to little kids nor the elderly sitting close by. We are all Hawkeyes, on Iowa and Go Hawks forever. Yes you have every right, you know who you are.
Cringe worthy was the defense keeping Iowa in the BTCG and the refusal to change QBs, leaving Dejong in after 3 false starts to get abused off the edge every passing down and horrendous zero imagination play calling, the boos were warranted and the Players are smart enough to realize the Offense and the OC sucked unwashed sack, They are not blind or stupid , they may not have liked in on the personal level but on a performance level They had to understand it. .

Cringe worthy was the defense keeping Iowa in the BTCG and the refusal to change QBs, leaving Dejong in after 3 false starts to get abused off the edge every passing down and horrendous zero imagination play calling, the boos were warranted and the Players are smart enough to realize the Offense and the OC sucked unwashed sack, They are not blind or stupid , they may not have liked in on the personal level but on a performance level They had to understand it. .
The players show more class than their fans bro.

The players show more class than their fans bro.
The Players are not the ones paying Their NIL or for expensive tickets or Booster donations , The Fans are and the Alumni are and if Kirk would have been a HC instead of a Dad BF would not have been in that position in the first place, He was set up for failure when the intention was to set Him up for the crown . The current Players at all Schools are getting paid and with that that comes more vocal Fans just like in the NFL , They are no longer Amateurs they are paid to play and expectations on the Players are now at the same level as Coaches, right or wrong

The Players are not the ones paying Their NIL or for expensive tickets or Booster donations , The Fans are and the Alumni are and if Kirk would have been a HC instead of a Dad BF would not have been in that position in the first place, He was set up for failure when the intention was to set Him up for the crown . The current Players at all Schools are getting paid and with that that comes more vocal Fans just like in the NFL , They are no longer Amateurs they are paid to play and expectations on the Players are now at the same level

The Players are not the ones paying Their NIL or for expensive tickets or Booster donations , The Fans are and the Alumni are and if Kirk would have been a HC instead of a Dad BF would not have been in that position in the first place, He was set up for failure when the intention was to set Him up for the crown . The current Players at all Schools are getting paid and with that that comes more vocal Fans just like in the NFL , They are no longer Amateurs they are paid to play and expectations on the Players are now at the same level as Coaches, right or wrong
I'm fuming mad after every loss but hearing the players on the drive home stick up for each other as a team helps bring me off the ledge. Justify those thoughts however you want. I'm sure they are less upset than the fans who donate.

Can you imagine losing Iose to Stoops/Kentucky?

GFwLwg-XgAAzqF_

If lose was following AJ’s footprint in the recruitment process, he’d have committed to a program a month ago.

Considering how long he’s been on everybody’s radar, lose is doing a lot of exploring.

If lose was following AJ’s footprint in the recruitment process, he’d have committed to a program a month ago.

Considering how long he’s been on everybody’s radar, lose is doing a lot of exploring.
As he should. Does he wanna continue the legacy or start his own outside of his dad and brother? Only Iose would know.

As I heard though, Iowa is in a really, really good spot. Other teams gotta wow him and his family to get a second look.

Yeah, did a quick comparison and it looks he has a handful more visits. I hope the young man continues the legacy at Iowa. Amazing list of schools.

Maybe his dad and brothers could donate half a million to the Iowa swarm👍
My Hawkeye heart hopes the young man continues the family legacy, he'll no doubt eventually get the $ when he goes pro regardless of NIL.

It's getting to the point where "How much longer if KFz gonna be there" is affecting recruiting.

Why? Portal free agency. And Kirk ain't lying to kids.
Using Iose as the example, if he wants to play for KFz and Parker you'd think he'd ask KFz if he was going to be around another 4 years. Sure he could always transfer, but I think most players would rather not.

Not sure what you mean by "Kirk ain't lying". I doubt he'd tell a kid "I plan to be here for your entire career" if he didn't mean it. But no coach knows exactly when he's going to retire so there's always honesty in a generic answer. KFz isn't going to say I've got 2 more years out loud. It would kill recruiting.

Regardless, you have to know recruits are wondering about it. If the offense sucks again this Fall...the timeline could easily shift.

Reactions: dadster and nu2u
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT