ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Press Conference 4pm today

If the drug testing isn’t random it needs to be or everyone every month. When I drove school bus we had a 70+ year old driver tested every month it seemed didn’t touch a lick of anything and the 2 drivers who would practically knock you over with their breath never tested and it was a random CDL
testing so who knows.

Really .. It’s a reporter’s fault??
So Doyle & BF didn’t saying asinine things?

please explain then why former players here and weren’t not talking about all backups say differently?

Come on now, I can’t believe some of you.
Doyle denied it. Innocent until proven guilty

The drug testing claim has people reaching for more information. I'm almost positive that the process/selection is handed down by the NCAA.

Otherwise, teams would be skipping their star players for obvious reasons.

So KF is saying he never heard Doyle use language he has been accused in recent days of using. One of two things is true: Doyle isn't the racist ogre he has been accused of being or KF is covering his own ass and allowing Doyle to be the sacrificial lamb. There is absolutely no way in hell you could work as closely as the two of them have for twenty+ years and not know the other guy behaves that way. Doyle is innocent or KF and the entire staff (including the A/A coaches) need to go for ignoring and tolerating such a culture. Which is it?

KUdmtUx.jpg

So KF is saying he never heard Doyle use language he has been accused in recent days of using. One of two things is true: Doyle isn't the racist ogre he has been accused of being or KF is covering his own ass and allowing Doyle to be the sacrificial lamb. There is absolutely no way in hell you could work as closely as the two of them have for twenty+ years and not know the other guy behaves that way. Doyle is innocent or KF and the entire staff (including the A/A coaches) need to go for ignoring and tolerating such a culture. Which is it?
Perhaps you need to go. Do you think that Kirk spends much time with Doyle while Doyle is working or do you think that Doyle reports to Kirk about his goals for players, the routines he set up for each player, the compliance of each player and each player's progress? I doubt that Kirk sees much interaction between Doyle and the players and when that happens, there is the probability that Doyle behaves himself if he does abuse the players. I'm real sure of two things here. One, Kirk lets a man who is being paid over $700,000 a year do his work and two, Doyle knows that Kirk would not put up with racial abuse.

Reactions: anon_likibb9jzd3e0
Or it could be that all of these alleged incidents against Doyle occurred in the weight room in which ferentz rarely visits, thus he didn't witness them or hear about them.

Perhaps you need to go. Do you think that Kirk spends much time with Doyle while Doyle is working or do you think that Doyle reports to Kirk about his goals for players, the routines he set up for each player, the compliance of each player and each player's progress? I doubt that Kirk sees much interaction between Doyle and the players and when that happens, there is the probability that Doyle behaves himself if he does abuse the players. I'm real sure of two things here. One, Kirk lets a man who is being paid over $700,000 a year do his work and two, Doyle knows that Kirk would not put up with racial abuse.

First, I will re-state the fact you cannot work as closely altogether as they have and NOT know what kind of person they are. Those racially-inappropriate comments would have come out frequently in conversations throughout the years. Second, if these comments and actions were so commonplace, would Ferentz not have heard complaints from parents even if he wasn't present when the alleged events occurred?
There is absolutely no way to separate Ferentz and Doyle in this. For the record, I don't believe Doyle is a racist anymore than I believe KF is. They both have cultural expectations that are considered out of touch among the prevailing modern mentality. Doyle is an easier target than a HC that is one of the most respected in the industry.

Reactions: grhawk

Doyle is paid what he is paid because KF lobbied to make him the highest-paid S/C coach in the country. He has said at numerous times that Doyle is an integral, if not THE integral agent of turning Iowa's program around.

First, I will re-state the fact you cannot work as closely altogether as they have and NOT know what kind of person they are. Those racially-inappropriate comments would have come out frequently in conversations throughout the years. Second, if these comments and actions were so commonplace, would Ferentz not have heard complaints from parents even if he wasn't present when the alleged events occurred?
There is absolutely no way to separate Ferentz and Doyle in this. For the record, I don't believe Doyle is a racist anymore than I believe KF is. They both have cultural expectations that are considered out of touch among the prevailing modern mentality. Doyle is an easier target than a HC that is one of the most respected in the industry.
I gotta disagree with the first part. 1). you can know somebody for years, living under the same roof even and not fully know all their secrets and who they really are when nobody/you aren’t looking. 2). I can wager that Doyle isn’t one of the highest paid S&C coach in the nation because KF has to babysit him all day and is around him as much as you think to where Doyle couldn’t get away with these comments for years.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the black boycott of 1968-1969 when Iowa's black football players all boycotted spring practice because 2 black players were suspended from spring practice? One was suspended for grade issues and the other was suspended for writing bad checks. Keep in mind all that was going on in the world in 1968 and you can imagine that those black players felt emboldened to protest like that especially after they organized themselves as a group and named themselves ''The Black Athletes Union''. Sixteen of the twenty black players boycotted spring practice and immediately Jerry Nagel dismissed them all from the team. The end result was that eventually after those players requested reinstatement in the fall, Nagel let the team decide who got back on and who didn't. Of the 12 players who requested to be reinstated only 7 were voted back. During that spring and summer there was much unrest on campus and buildings and the stadium were vandalized and a lot was fueled by the the black boycott. But the real thing was that Nagel had already agreed to the demands of the black athletes before they walked out but they walked out anyway . Think about this.

I gotta disagree with the first part. 1). you can know somebody for years, living under the same roof even and not fully know all their secrets and who they really are when nobody/you aren’t looking. 2). I can wager that Doyle isn’t the highest paid S&C coach in the nation because KF has to babysit him all day and is around him as much as you think to where Doyle couldn’t get away with these comments for years.

I think Clemson has the highest paid S&C cord in the country.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT